Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

I think that any further headliners will come from band doing the festival circuit in the US in April and May. We shared 2 headliners with Lollapalooza and Sziget had 3 from it as well. last year so I'd imagine that it may be the same this year.

My best guess would be Jack White.

I think that's good reasoning. But surely Jack White would've played Reading/Leeds if he was in Europe at the end of August?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

festivalsnobs (very reliable source) says that Metallica, Drake, Kanye West, Jack Withe, Florence, Sam smith are the strongest rumors for Lollapalooza 2015. Metallica have already announced their euro dates, Florence and Sam smith too. Kanye west is Saturday's Glastonbury headliner in June. We'll only have to see if drake or Jack are coming in Europe for some festivals I suppose

'Special Guest TBA' could well be him. It's subbing for M&S who to be fair are probably a bigger draw (somehow)

Ah yes, it's that which puzzled me, surely Jack White wouldn't be subbing for M&S? At least in a better world, haha.

Jack White would be more than welcome though. Perhaps something like Pixies - Jack White - dance act? Smaller headliner combined with big sub, and the guitar lovers happy all around.

Fantastic news about Underworld at Lowlands, its GOT to happen this year at PKP! Also think Father John Misty, Slaves and La Roux are all pretty certain.

Agree about the Green Man line up Jimmy, definitely a few nice Club, Castello and Marquee names there.

I'm reckoning that Underworld could be put in the same position as Disclosure or Royksopp last year and be put in the Marquee or Dance Hall. Can't see them drawing a big enough main stage crowd.

I'm reckoning that Underworld could be put in the same position as Disclosure or Royksopp last year and be put in the Marquee or Dance Hall. Can't see them drawing a big enough main stage crowd.

Underworld in the Marquee would be immense. Sign me up for that.

My personal preference is definitely the Dance Hall as I feel there's a better atmosphere in there late at night. I couldn't really get into Royksopp and Portishead last year as a lot of people were just standing around watching them. Granted they're both a different kettle of fish to Underworld but the crowd in the Dance Hall seem much more up for it (probably because they're generally younger and have taken more drugs!). Don't think it'd be anything like as busy as Disclosure but they'd certainly be popular/big enough for the Marquee, if that's where they end up. Main Stage would be a disaster but thankfully don't think that's even an option.

Having said all that, they can stick them in the Shelter for all I care - just get 'em on the line up!!

In other news, one of the PKP people posted a picture on Facebook yesterday of them watching Stromae at SXSW. Might just be showing some solidarity to a fellow Belgian but wouldn't be surprised if he turned up.

I couldn't really get into Royksopp and Portishead last year

Portishead blew me away last year, best thing I saw, and one of the top 5 festival performances I've ever seen I think. Mesmerizing. I think you might be on to something though, Underworld headlining the Dance Hall would be intense!

So...possible headliners then with 5 days to go, feel free to add any other suggestions:

Nailed on:

Linkin Park

Major Lazer (possible they could make the move up to headliner this year?)

Very likely

Blur

Stromae

Beck (more likely a sub)

Likely

Florence and the Machine

Drake

Kanye West

Libertines (more likely a sub)

Possible

Kings of Leon

Morrissey

Pixies

Jack White

Strokes

Black Keys

Posssible but unlikely

Metallica

Prodigy

Radiohead

Coldplay

Kasabian

U2

Neil Young

The Killers

Rhianna

Curve balls

Prince

Kraftwerk

The Who

The Cure

KISS

Fleetwood Mac

My dream pick out of that lot is Prince but my final guess is

Linkin Park - Blur - Stromae.

Is Stromae massive in Belgium?

Massive apparently. Maybe Diet Diet is better placed to say. Not headlining other dates but he is Belgian.

Half a billion YouTube views and counting so I've read and sold 220,000 of his last album compared to 30,000 of Daft Punks last album in Belgium. Same album sold 1.9 million copies in France. Says pretty massive to me.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

You forgot Snow Patrol, Placebo and The Offspring Dave! ;)

Think you've got pretty much all the angles covered there - I'm sure our 5/6/7 headliners will come from your list. Linkin Park were announced for Rock 'n' Heim this week which caused many of their Belgian Twitter followers to have a meltdown as that apparently only leaves one day or something when they could play PKP. Think Major Lazer will get a 'Deadmau5' style billing and play after someone else - will still be classed as a headliner though (but not in the true sense). Can see Stromae doing something similar on the final night, they love a local to round things off!!

For what it's worth, I'm going to stick with my earlier prediction that we'll get a clutch of headliner's, with Blur being the 'biggest' of them all. I'm never right though so I doubt this year will be any different! Feeling really confident and upbeat about the rest of the line up so I can't wait to start my homework next Wednesday night! For those of you who got involved last year, I've already started filling up the Pukkelpop 2015 Dropbox folder. PM me if you need, or would like, the log in.

Stromae is indeed massive around here, played 7 or 8 sold out arena shows, along with closing Werchter and Les Ardentes main stage. Not bad for a Belgian artist with only 2 albums. What I'm more curious about is the spot he would take, since he accounts for both headliner and dance act. Stromae + closing dance act (like Prodigy - Bloody Beetroots in 2010)? Stromae after a different headliner (like Macklemore)?

In the mean time the guy on the other forum admits to trolling about Radiohead, no mention about the other info though. Please let that Evil Superstars reunion still happen, would be massive.

Still wondering what special name Lowlands is holding back, since it's likely not Blur.

Could see Stromae headlining, he's massively popular, interesting for both the pop and dance crowd and actually gives genuinely good shows too.

Anyone have a clue if dEUS and/or 2ManyDJs are options? They could go for a Belgium themed headliner card that way haha. :)

2ManyDJs though, they could work for sure. When they closed in 2010 it was a massive party.
Also saw Lowlands has Boys Noize + Baaur booked, not sure if it's a one-time thing but if not I think we can safely bet on them ending the Boiler or Dance Hall one night.

Deus have been ruled out.

Quite a few possible closers available. Netsky will definitely close one night I'm sure. Skrillex has his Jack U thing with Diplo and Dog Blood which is with Boyz Noize. Theres also Rebel Sound, which is Chase and Status with David Rodigan. They're at Reading so they're all possibles. DJ collaboration s seem to be flavour of the month at the moment.

I'd take 2manyDJs and Fatboy Slim over all that lot though.

Edited by DiscothequeDave