Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that Lolla poster is anywhere near the truth then I can see a fair proportion of the undercard coming to PKP.

I'm not convinced about Drake but if he does play then he will likely be a co-headliner, in the same vein as Libertines (if they play). Don't know any of his stuff either so would prefer it if they spent his sizable fee on someone else.

Interpol are down to play PKP on the same night they're doing Frequency. Don't think that's likely so the only free date they have over the weekend is Saturday.

Drake is probably one of the few hip hop-acts that would headline nearly every festival at the moment. I'll doubt he is sub, if he comes.

sure he does.

Belgian* Pukkelpop crowd then. He's not a Stubru type of act, which the other big rap names in the past years were. Not sure if his announcement as a headliner would go down well.

Anyway, Drake already has some North-American dates lined up for early August. I doubt that he is the correlation between the Lolla and PKP announcements, if there is one in the first place.

Edited by Dietediet

Belgian* Pukkelpop crowd then. He's not a Stubru type of act, which the other big rap names in the past years were. Not sure if his announcement as a headliner would go down well.

Anyway, Drake already has some North-American dates lined up for early August. I doubt that he is the correlation between the Lolla and PKP announcements, if there is one in the first place.

Had to google Stubru. I see your point, but I'm still pretty sure he's to big for sub. He's somehow in that Kanye West-stage of fame. 34 million Facebook-Likes is a lot.

Might be headlining the Shelter, that would be the height of it!

Last time they were on the Main in a late afternoon slot, I wanna say 18.00 hours~ish. Probably ideal for them. I've heard Mastodon will be in Europe, they could headline the Shelter a night.

Had to google Stubru. I see your point, but I'm still pretty sure he's to big for sub. He's somehow in that Kanye West-stage of fame. 34 million Facebook-Likes is a lot.

Can confirm Drake is somehow very popular. No clue how he ever rose to such heights though. With Kanye at least you can see why he's popular, even if you might not like his public persona - innovative music that routinely redefines hiphop with every new album he releases.

Plus rap stars seem to attract huge audiences at Pukkelpop (see: 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Macklemore/Lewis) so I could imagine Drake being a big draw for many... Is Kendrick Lamar doing anything this Summer?

Noticed how the PKP website description had this.... 5 stages???

"Official site of the Belgian alternative music festival, with five stages, DJs, theatre, and cinema."

Also somebody is claiming on the Festileaks forum that we can expect names at 3pm. (So 2pm UK time.)

Edited by SoLoCo

Noticed how the PKP website description had this.... 5 stages???

"Official site of the Belgian alternative music festival, with five stages, DJs, theatre, and cinema."

Also somebody is claiming on the Festileaks forum that we can expect names at 3pm. (So 2pm UK time.)

I think it's just that no one's ever bothered to update the Google description since the days when there were only five stages.

I just pasted that exact phrase into Google and it gave me some website that links to the PKP site, but hasn't been updated since 2007. (And we were already up to 8 stages then.)

As for Blur, I'm indifferent at the moment on the back of 2 earlier Belgian festival let-downs.

1997 PKP - cancelled at the last minute because Albarn "had a sore throat" (= 'I can't be arsed'). Fortunately co-headliners The Chemical Brothers were brilliant.

1999 Werchter - lost the crowd at "hello" by playing their horsew*nk late 90s stuff for 3/4 of the set, and leaving the mid-90s 'hits' until right at the end. Everyone took to chanting the Song 2 'Woo hoo" between every song and chatting among themselves during the music, to which Albarn just sneered "well, at least we showed up this time." Fortunately co-headliners The Chemical Brothers were even better than they were at PKP.

I see from the 2013 Werchter setlist that they'd gone back to opening with Boys & Girls, and got a proper balance of tunes. If they do that or similar I might give them another go. Maybe Albarn's finally pulled his head out of his own arse?

Interpol I need to see again because i caught them in Amsterdam in January and the sound was awful. The fault of the Heineken Music Hall acoustics I think, not the band.

I will be anywhere else but watching Limp Bizkit when they are on.

Edited by Trufflehound

@pukkelpop heard rumours that there will be changes to stages(names & layout) for #pkp15 will we have info on that today?Thanks for Blur!!!

Sent this tweet to PP and StuBru have just favourited it. Might not mean anything but could be an indication that the rumours were right.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ask the party-goers to leave their phones at the entrance. Festileaks asked the youth centre if they were allowed to have a 'reporter' in and they refused. They're not idiots at Pukkelpop, so I doubt they'd do this whole setup just to have everything on Twitter 2 seconds later.

As for Blur, I'm indifferent at the moment on the back of 2 earlier Belgian festival let-downs.

1997 PKP - cancelled at the last minute because Albarn "had a sore throat" (= 'I can't be arsed'). Fortunately co-headliners The Chemical Brothers were brilliant.

1999 Werchter - lost the crowd at "hello" by playing their horsew*nk late 90s stuff for 3/4 of the set, and leaving the mid-90s 'hits' until right at the end. Everyone took to chanting the Song 2 'Woo hoo" between every song and chatting among themselves during the music, to which Albarn just sneered "well, at least we showed up this time." Fortunately co-headliners The Chemical Brothers were even better than they were at PKP.

I see from the 2013 Werchter setlist that they'd gone back to opening with Boys & Girls, and got a proper balance of tunes. If they do that or similar I might give them another go. Maybe Albarn's finally pulled his head out of his own arse?

Interpol I need to see again because i caught them in Amsterdam in January and the sound was awful. The fault of the Heineken Music Hall acoustics I think, not the band.

I will be anywhere else but watching Limp Bizkit when they are on.

I saw Blur at Sziget in 2013 and the concert was very good. Nothing epic, but we had a lot of fun. None of the people that I know saw Blur were let down by their show (Sziget, Rock In Rome, Rock Werchter and Primavera Sound,all in 2013)

EDIT: why everybody seem to hate limp bizkit? Are they that bad live?

Edited by ilbeyene