Michael gets a music award

oneeye

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how suggesting some people enjoy fox hunting, equates to thinking all Brits do.

It was accepted by the people until 10 years ago. Bryan Ferry played the same night and is openly pro hunting and his son has been jailed for protesting against hunting bans and owns 60 hunting dogs. Didn't see any protests about that?

and by doing so, missed the point entirely. They think all Brits put on red jackets and hunt foxes. They seem to think that applies to Glasto goers too.

Crass, and ignorant.

yeah exactly! it was very odd..i'd have thought julian temple would have steered them away from the idea(i assume it was metallicas idea)

they would been better of doing a video about history of metal and it not being at glasto before(bit like the jay z one)

oh well

It was accepted by the people until 10 years ago. Bryan Ferry played the same night and is openly pro hunting and his son has been jailed for protesting against hunting bans and owns 60 hunting dogs. Didn't see any protests about that?

there were some people handing out flyers about his fox hunting, someone on here said (I didnt see them like)

also, everyone on here criticised him massively!

The comments here aren't about any protests, they're about the pre-show vid, that seemingly was trying to justify their hunting.

And no, it wasn't "accepted by the people until 10 years ago", that was merely the point where parliament made it illegal. There's been a majority against it for far longer than that.

there were some people handing out flyers about his fox hunting, someone on here said (I didnt see them like)

also, everyone on here criticised him massively!

And rightly so but I don't think he reads Efestivals. So thats about as much use as people on Facebook trying to stop wars by sharing some anti war article.

The comments here aren't about any protests, they're about the pre-show vid, that seemingly was trying to justify their hunting.

And no, it wasn't "accepted by the people until 10 years ago", that was merely the point where parliament made it illegal. There's been a majority against it for far longer than that.

How was the video pro bear hunting? If anything it reflected Hetfields u-turn on the subject.

For the record, he was the only bear hunter in the band and he doesn't hunt bears anymore. He hasn't for over a decade.

regardless of the message being right or wrong the video was a bit long, a bit boring, and a bit weird...them taking off their bear heads was slightly amusing, thats it

but it was a real missed opportunity to do something like jay z did..

Yep, Jay-Z hit it perfectly.

Metallica believed they had love-enough in the crowd for the crowd to go along with anything they might do.

How was the video pro bear hunting?

Well, I guess without the message being clear - and the comments here show it wasn't - then it's open to interpretation.

To me, it was saying "we hunt bears, you hunt foxes, so what?" That makes it pro-hunting in my view.

There was nothing in the vid to demonstrate a dislike of either bear hunting or fox hunting.

Further, there was no reason to include anything of fox hunting unless it was to suggest the two are much the same.

Though Amoeba Music just up the road from Haight Ashbury would still probably be one of the better record stores on the planet.

is that on Haight or Ashbury? (I forget which is which now, but I'm meaning the longer of the two roads, the one that's on the flat and not going down the hill). That sells 2nd hand records?

If so, I picked up a few things from there that I couldn't get here at the time (about 20 years back) - it was the only thing that made the trip to H/A worthwhile for me.