ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a VIP ticket but I don't know what it entitles. If somebody has already experienced it please tell me what it allows me to do? Also I might be going alone and it would be nice to meet others, I'm not camping though, I live in Budapest so have my own place.

If anyone is looking for a cheap way to get home to Berlin from Sziget festival, I've got a spare train ticket leaving at 9:25 am on Sunday 16th.

Let me know if you are interested, and we can surely agree on the price.

write to  vizslah (at ) gmail

• 2 weeks later...

My first day back to work today since Sziget and although I love my job dam I miss Sziget!

It was my first time there and can't find a noteworthy issue with it. The line up was good enough for me. I don't think I could of seen more bands not in that heat. It was the only festival that I've been to where I was more happy to sit back and chill then get near the front. Having said that my favourite acts were, Florence and the machine, Maccabees, Interpol, Gaslight Anthem, Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Gogol Bordello, Paloma Faith, Dropkick Murphy's, Passenger, Alt J, Turreante Jones, Horrors, Subways and Rudimental.

A major highlight for me was having a drink 50 metres up, looking at the festival from that height in the dark with all the lights on while Limp Bizkit were on. I'm not even a fan of the Bizkit but they do hold some memories for me from my teenage years and then to get back to the crowd in time for their last song was epic.

Other non music highlights for me were looking around the art area and sitting on the rocking seats, watching a fire show,the Luminarium, watching a play and a circus act. Also the old school fair ground area and the Hungarian village area was pretty cool. I liked the beach area although the music wasn't to my taste.

I think the ruin pub area by the main stage was a good spot to chill while listening to main stage acts and I was lucky enough to chill in the VIP area. I saw quite a lot of good stuff at the Europe stage and the Blues Irish stage.

I stayed in a caravan in the VIP camping area and although basic it was well worth the extra money and I thought the VIP camping area was well run and toilets and showers were well looked after.

The price of food was decent and I didn't have a bad meal although I did see a few people eating dodgy looking food. My personal favourites were the massive kebab meal, the Mexican food, spicy chicken and rice and this vanilla pastry tube thing. The beers were OK, unicum was rank but the cocktails were nice and strong and service was fairly quick for both food and drink.

I loved visiting Budapest tgr 2 times I managed it. The parliment building is impressive and the square where the wheel was was nice and a particular highlight for me was the ruin pubs. The city is so easy to get around and clean.

For a fairly big site I didn't find it too hard to walk from one place to another and the atmosphere was good and it all seemed really well organised. Getting back to the airport for a 6am flight was easy.

I've been to Isle of Wight, Y Not, Rock Werchter, Pukklepop and Southside and Sziget beat all of them. It just has enough of everything. I will be returning at some point, I have a few more festivals to tick off but can't see many being able to beat Sziget for overall enjoyment.

Just one more thing to say RIP to the man who lost his life on the last day.

It was my second time after last year and it was better. I felt it from the first day there. I think I embraced the Sziget spirit, not watching some concerts and watching some sitting in the back. I felt more free, I could be anyone, but I was my true self. I was happy every single moment, people were friendly, I bumped into some friends, met new ones, saw amazing and beautiful things I missed last year. I will definitely go back next year if I can, I'm still in the good mood! I'll give a proper review of the concerts and services later! I hope you all had fun, peace!

Hi

i flew back on Tuesday after 12 nights out in Budapest / Sziget festival. had an AMAZING time, but now have a horrid come down and sziget AIDS! (we're all coughing our lungs out!)

Budapest as a city is great. The bars are awesome, and there is so many of them! i did a walking tour which was good, also played an escape room which was fun. i had the city pass so getting around the city was easy, also visted the a Spa free of charge due to  the city pass.

i'll write a review of the festival soon....too tired! :)    i basically lived on about 3 hrs sleep a night for nearly two weeks.

My cough started on the Saturday night before Alesso. I'm thinking it was from the dust in the main arena on Friday and Saturday. Cough turned into the shits on Sunday and Monday though, very unpleasent train ride back to Vienna..

Other than that, tremendous festival. Was my first time. Highlights were Foals, Florence and Major Lazer.

Sziget was one of the best things I have done my entire life!! It was exactly what I wanted from my first major music festival and if someone could recommend a festival similar to the Sziget spirit with multiple geners and non-stop parties it would be great!

My favorite stages were the Telekom Arena which just nailed it during the big djs, Raegae village that was near my camping spot and also the world music stage gave the vibes.

Main concerts were of course amazing Florence, Martin Garrix and Kings of Leon nailed it while from the less knows artist I like Asaf Avidan and Marina+the diamonds

From the places I gotta say I loved all the places to sleep like the chill garden at the beach, the spider web near the entrance and the conftoble couches of Telekom square. From places to hangout there was the luminarium which blew my mind and the sports arena was a fun place to play, along with the disability area. I have to mention I felt like a drug dealer when people asked me for weed and pills every day. Guess that's what happens when you grow a beard...

I have to ask you guys if you know where I could buy merchandise online from Sziget. I forgot till the last day and all the stores were closed!!!

Thanks guys for giving me tips before the festival. Hopefully I shall return there as soon as possible

had an amazing time at my first Sziget!! booze was cheap, food was fairly cheap and ranged from okish through to good. god almighty it was hot! you just spent all day sweating, you can have a shower and put clean clothes on and you'd just sweat instantly. what about 4am on the last sunday....that was some crazy thunder. The rain cooled shit down, but also made it muddy for a bit and i'd left all my clothes out on my washing line :(

Never done a european fest before, and the atmoshpere was different to the UK festies thaI im used to it. It was great, but i did have a few problems though. Saw quite a few idiots bashing through crowds with their elbows up not giving a fuck. people would knock into you and at a UK festy they would say sorry...or acknowldge you. But here, people just ignored you (not everyone). if you knocked into them and said sorry, they'd just look at you like your a dick.

didnt find too many other english people there, lots of dutch and quite alot of Australians. i stayed in the Alternativa campsite which was overall a good place. i just dont get why the Europe stage which was outside the campsite was SO loud?! most the time there was only a tiny amount of people stood watching it.

there were loads of cool bars, i preffered the bars a lot of the time to being stood at a stage. highlights were Kasabian and Jungle! also loved G.Bordello, florence and the machine, C2C, Cloud +9....and even Limp Bizkit?!  KOL played a few bangers but there set list was too boring for me.

Would definitley recommend this festival. its not for the fait hearted though, as its a tough week. worth it though :)

I'll write some articles in my blog as a review... I still need the pictures from my friend. But I disagree with you on a point: I've been 17 days in total at Sziget and I never saw a fight, never sensed bad vibes and people were always friendly to me! This year, I've been to lot of moshpits (infected mushroom, gogol bordello, foals, knife party) and as soon as someone was falling, everyone stopped pushing and helped him get on his feet. In the same moshpit, I would knock someone unintentionally and as I would look at him to say "I'm sorry", I find him telling me he's sorry too and we end up high fiving!

Anyway it's not important you may have crossed the path of wrong people but I'm glad you liked it.

Had an amazing time aswell and ofcorse, i do have a huge cough, still do... :( 

I totally loved it and I will be back next year, but since everybody are so positive, i'll bring out some bad points, ha!

I stayed in Siesta camping. It had some major issues there but it was deffo still better decision to go there than stay in regular camping. I felt safe as there were no random people, toilets were clean etc. And actually there was so much room ,we stayed in the back and closest tents to us were meters away, fun times! BUT:

- Half of the showers were not working already on Tuesday, I told the reception, but nothing changed til the end of the festival.
- As they advertise - they have reception - but what the fuck is it for? I told them the toilet paper has run out in the toilets and they told me it's not their problem. What the fuck did I pay 65€ for? 

- And to make it worse, my friend got her sneakers stolen while having shower and the next day she saw the janitor wearning them. I forced her to tell the reception and security, she got her shoes back, but I don't know what they did to the lady who was cleaning the camping. Didn't see her any other day anymore tho. 
- Shuttles buses back to the parking lot were not working on Monday. Yes, both of the buses were broken down and they were not capable of getting new buses. Again - what the fuck did I pay for? Like I usually do - i managed to get there 3 bosses who all apologized, then I was happy. 

And my biggest hightlight was not music, it was FUERZA BRUTA, that giant street theater. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!? I hope you guys went to see it and did it in the dark.. and that you raved through the whole thing and didn't give a single fuck about the water. Fuerza bruta was the best show i have ever seen in my fucking life. The whole crowd was nuts and dancing with the performance, and when they started pouring water on the crowd, everybody just got even crazier! 

Had an amazing time aswell and ofcorse, i do have a huge cough, still do... :( 

I totally loved it and I will be back next year, but since everybody are so positive, i'll bring out some bad points, ha!

I stayed in Siesta camping. It had some major issues there but it was deffo still better decision to go there than stay in regular camping. And my biggest hightlight was not music, it was FUERZA BRUTA, that giant street theater.

I stayed in alternativa (the italian camp) and felt the same as you, worth it..but a few issues.

toilets - a few seats broke quite near the start of the week and weren't fixed, quite a few toilet door locks broke that weren't fixed. there was loo roll most of the time, a lot fo the time though it was out side the loo's and you had to reel off what you wanted.

showers - quite a few showers. no shower curtains, floor flooded easily, they ranged from being ICE cold (so cold you couldnt get under them) to warm to flicking between hot and cold.

security - felt safe. a few times a night i saw a security guy wondering around. was a bit of pain when i sat by my tent having a joint! :)   i saw him coming and dived into my tent

there was a bit of food and a bar out the front of the campsite, and just around the corner a card top up place and a few more food vans. It was nice and quiet at night, you could still hear the festival though. On the sunday night for some reason i could hear Sigma in a the A38 stage VERY clearly!? i was camped at the back of the field and there was a service road that ran along side it. This posed a problem at times! like some mornings at 8am when there would be lorries being loaded / unloaded and just general noise....and sometimes, i mean LOUD noise.

Would i camp here again? yes. it was definitly better than the general camping, mainly because i felt the general camping was quite poor (compared to the festivals im used to).

Its also quite a shady place, which is good as it was so hot. Felt sorry for the guys who had paid for the pre-pitched tents though. They were all picthed in lines about 6 inches apart...in direct sunlight. not a tree to be seen!

really wished i had of seen that fuerza Bruta :(     i will next time!! :)

Hi all... Also had a amazing first time at Sziget. Probably isn't going to be my last :)

Like almost everybody I also got "The Cough". But it is finally getting a better a bit.

I agree on almost all of the above postings. I flew over, arriving on Sunday and flew back on Monday. I  also stayed at Alternativa. And yes, it wasn't perfect, and there is definitely room for improvement. Specially in maintenance during the week. Things like toilet seats and broken door locks can be fixed very easy. And during the week the toilet paper indeed became less present. Lots of people just bought there own. You can buy it for a few cents at the big super market (or even for a bit more at one of the shops on the festival). Next time, i'll just buy some at the beginning of the festival :-) Showers were ok compared to other festivals i have been to. Only the temperature wasn't really constant indeed... but at least i never needed to queue or pay. (I went to LowLands festival after Sziget and there you pay 2,60 euro and most of the times there is a big queue)

That said... I would definitely stay at Alternativa again. I liked the location, the extra facilities, the extra security, bit more quietness, etc.

I saw some great shows. Big ones on main stage and A38, smaller ones on the smaller stages. Some great DJ's at the Telekom Arena and smaller undocumented areas between the food stalls or even at the food/drink places themselves :) But although the line-up is important, the main reason I went was the festival itself, and it disappoint me!

I loved just roaming around the island. Running into all sort of acts/bands/performances/sows/places/people. Even after walking around the island for a week I still ran into new things and areas. I loved a lot of places. Went to the beach a couple of times just to cool off, the chillout zone around midnight to chill a bit, saw some nice belly dancer acts there :) went to the Telekom Arena couple of times at night and saw some great dj's there, Liked the area between world stage and reggae village, so much going on there, also the area on the edge of the main stage area with the Jack Daniels bar etc.

I also loved the Fuerza Bruta show. Saw it twice :) but the first time, when you don't know whats comming, is the best. Are they there every year?

I just liked the overall atmosphere at the festival.

Only a few moths before tickets go on sale for the 2016 edition. Guess I'll try to get some more people enthusiastic and try to go with a few people next year.

Had an amazing time and despite the Sziget cough lingering for a whole week after getting home... I'd be back there again in a heartbeat.

I stayed in VIP camping where the facilities were great and I'd definitely pay the extra again when I go back... having a swimming pool to cool off in when it was so hot and never having to wait more than a few mins for a shower was great.

Overall, one of the best weeks I can remember and I think I might just head back next year...

Had an amazing time and despite the Sziget cough lingering for a whole week after getting home... I'd be back there again in a heartbeat.

I stayed in VIP camping where the facilities were great and I'd definitely pay the extra again when I go back... having a swimming pool to cool off in when it was so hot and never having to wait more than a few mins for a shower was great.

Overall, one of the best weeks I can remember and I think I might just head back next year...

When me and Mkrve were walking back from the beach one day...we saw the VIP swimming pool, very jealous!! :)

questions about VIP camping - was there shade and how cramped was the camping? also...surely it was noisy all night due to the close stages? i hung out a lot at a camp next to the VIP bar (to the left of the mainstage as you look at it) and that was loud as hell until 6am...then sound checks started again a few hours later! :)

I stayed in a caravan in the VIP area and thought the actual camping looked quite shady and a fair amount of room between tents although some was closer than others but that might of been due to choice.

I normally struggle to sleep if there's too much noise but I managed to sleep OK. I would say most of the noise stopped at around 4am and I wouldn't normally hear any music until soundchecks at around 11am.

The VIP camping area was well worth it in my opinion and I think the only other way I could do Sziget would be to stay in a hotel.