ilbeyene

~100e in comping supplies (tent, chair, stuff, gazebo?)

I spent ~250e there last year but I guess it depends on how much you drink. I don't eat much neither :)

Thank you, very helpful. We're relatively big drinkers so will maybe budget for a bit more.

Do I need to transfer £GBP to Hungarian Forint for the festival card? Or can I just bring Euros?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry it's a forum you can ask as many as you want :)

I don't know because we had forints when when put it in the card. But the prices are in forint.

I think that you can put money in the card from your credit card so GBP should be fine? don't trust me on that :)

Hay

Did you guys just but a large amount of money on your pre paid cards at the start of the festival......or did you just put bits on it every other day? i know you can register you card (i've bought the watch) so if its lost youcan cancel it.

I put a large amount on at the start, then found I ran out about half way through the fest and had to top it up again >_>

I asked this question about a week ago or so but no one has answered it. Is there anyone who can answer it on here.....

My flight back home is 6.30am on the Monday. I'm staying in one of the caravans. What is the best way to get back to the airport and what time do people suggest we leave the festival?

Thanks

I asked this question about a week ago or so but no one has answered it. Is there anyone who can answer it on here.....

My flight back home is 6.30am on the Monday. I'm staying in one of the caravans. What is the best way to get back to the airport and what time do people suggest we leave the festival?

Thanks

Hey,

I think the easiest way for you is to buy the City pass. With this pass you have a free airport transfer from/to the Festival area. And on monday the transfers to the airport starts at 03:00am. 

http://szigetfestival.com/content/_common/attachments/sziget_shuttle_bus_schedule.pdf

When you arrive they give you a card (for a small fee) and you put cash in it (we had forints) then when you want to buy a beer or something you just have to put the card on the machine and it's done.

Thanks that's really helpful. Is it worth buying the payment watch? I am guessing its just harder to loose and that's the main benefit??

The shuttle bus is airport to festival site only isnt it?

I will be traveling from the city centre ( district 6 i think?) and back into the centre after the festival. i do have the city pass, so will it be a case of catching various trains e.t.c or do they put on extra / special transport to the festival site.

@Marknemo: i have bought the watch, purely as it will be harder to loose.

Thanks that's really helpful. Is it worth buying the payment watch? I am guessing its just harder to loose and that's the main benefit??

To be honest, I wouldn't bother. If you lose your payment card you can take your receipt to a till and they'll refund you the cash that was on it. I didn't lose mine.

How many euros or forints do people take with them? I'm staying in the city for 4 nights in total and going to Sziget on the Saturday and Sunday! Any advice would be appreciated!

In the centre you can easily drink for £1 a pint if you find somewhere cheap. Food is like £3 a meal. In the festival food is maybe more £3-4 and a pint £1.80 (spirits are quite a bit more, if that's your bag). Decide from that I guess! Hard to suggest what to take because some people spend more than others. I eat more food than most people for starters.

What's up with the 8 day silence? 

Edit: They have moved DJ marky to A38, to fill that empty 3AM spot. So much about getting a new act...  Meaning we have two more slots on Main Stage and A38.. lets hope they don't fill those with already playing acts.. 

Edited by siiiim

going for the 1st time this year. 

Can any advise if you are able to buy supplies inside the festival? 

(the type that i don't want to be taking with me on the flight over)

Yes, there is a shop that has all the essential. Since the festival is in the city, you can buy everything from there as well. 

Hello all,

I've been following this thread since I booked my Sziget tickets and now it's finally close, I can't wait!

I have a couple of questions and I know you are all really helpful, really sorry if they've already been asked:

1. As we are coming from the UK we won't be able to bring a tent/camping equipment, is there a supermarket nearby where we can buy this equipment? Or even buy it from the festival itself?

2. Are we due any additions to the line up?

3. Final question - should I bring wellies? I'm used to going to muddy festivals (I know no-one can predict the weather!)

Many thanks in advance

Hello all,

I've been following this thread since I booked my Sziget tickets and now it's finally close, I can't wait!

I have a couple of questions and I know you are all really helpful, really sorry if they've already been asked:

1. As we are coming from the UK we won't be able to bring a tent/camping equipment, is there a supermarket nearby where we can buy this equipment? Or even buy it from the festival itself?

3. Final question - should I bring wellies? I'm used to going to muddy festivals (I know no-one can predict the weather!)

Many thanks in advance

There's a Supermarket just outside the fest. They definitely sell some stuff like sleeping bags and that, but I can't remember if they had actual tents for sale too... Oh, and last year there was a "Camping Package" thing organised by the Fest itself where you could pay them in advance then turn up and collect a pop up tent + roll mat and things... Dunno if they're doing that again this year or not...

There should be some more lineup I think, but... Seems like they're struggling a bit this year to reel people in, so maybe not big names.

RE Wellies: You should bring something, but I advocate boots as opposed to wellies personally - Less leg sweat. Useful just in case, there are a couple of places it can get muddy if it rains.

Hello all,

Many thanks in advance

How come you cant bring a tent / camping gear?

im coming from the UK and bringing just a tent. when i was online buying my city pass and payment watch i also bought a blanket, and plan to buy an air mattress from the supermarket by the site.

i too am used to f**kin muddy UK festivals! not gonna bother with them at sziget, too much hassle!

Edited by doobie ninja

Yes you can find tents in the supermarket near (Auchan).

2 more bands to be announced: 17:45 slot on main stage (sunday) and 22:00 slot on A38 (tuesday).

Don't expect big names.

Last year it only rained for 2 days and I didn't really feel it that much!

Its all Forints except you can use Euros at some of the posh restaurants in the touristy area but expect to get a bad rate. Also all Forints at the festival but they usually have an exchange hut where you can change major currencies to Forints. I usually change some £s to forints at a one of the bureaus in the city away from the tourist area and use my debit card to top up my card at the festival.