ilbeyene

We're well on our way - driving to Budapest in our motorhome. Currently in Nuremberg, and it's really hot (32 degrees plus) but OK as I guess the humidity is lower than we're used to. Back on the road towards Vienna tomorrow. This is the way to do it - the lovely weather and beautiful places we're stopping up are really getting us excited!

Safe journey everyone - see you on an island (rather than the east campervan fields at Glasto!).

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

Edited by Magic Bus

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're well on our way - driving to Budapest in our motorhome. Currently in Nuremberg, and it's really hot (32 degrees plus) but OK as I guess the humidity is lower than we're used to. Back on the road towards Vienna tomorrow. This is the way to do it - the lovely weather and beautiful places we're stopping up are really getting us excited!

Safe journey everyone - see you on an island (rather than the east campervan fields at Glasto!).

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

Have a safe trip, I have 4 more days in work then we're flying over on Sunday, counting the hours lol. 

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

Have a safe trip, I have 4 more days in work then we're flying over on Sunday, counting the hours lol.

Have a safe trip, bank holiday in Dublin, working till Friday and flying on Saturday night, looking forward!

I'm a bit nervous, I've never been on a festival for a week, so I think I probably ended up bringing too much stuff and forgetting the weird essentials, I've seen some lists in the forum that have been very helpful, also the weather shows it might rain during the week, so I don't know if I should bring the wellies.

This is a link with photos of the building process at Sziget,

http://www.katechka.com/building-sziget-festival-7-days-to-go/

does anyone know if on the island there are some drinking fountains where you can fill your bottles with some good water? or is it necessary to buy water? thanks :)

From what I've read they have free drinking points around the site and by the toilets/showers too, definitely can't be expected to charge for water when the weather gets so hot! 

Also, how many forints are people planning on taking with them?

Also, how many forints are people planning on taking with them?

i'm thinking of taking just a litle forints. On the festival you can top off your payment card/watch by card. and if i need cash in the city i'll find a ATM. just bringing some emergency forints i guess.... but maybe i don't bring any at all and just find a ATM when i arive at the airport.

Drinks prices up

http://szigetfestival.com/content/_common/attachments/pricelist_jav.pdf

Selected things I've worked out based on current forint/pound rate:

Draft beer 0.5l- £1.49

Cider 0.4l- £1.71

Bottle still water- 84p

Bottle of coke- £1.03

Red Bull- £1.57

Bottle of wine- £6.84

Small glass of wine 0.1l- 91p

Large glass of wine 0.2l- £1.82

4cl shot of spirits- £2.39 (4cl is a bit under a UK double)

HELLA CHEAP

Edited by edfirth

Heyyyy,

Just a quick question, does anyone know that with VIP tickets do we have the possibility of setting up camp on the saturday or sunday before Sziget starts on the monday? Thaaaaaanks :music:

You do have the option of moving in early although you have to buy an early moving in pass, have a look on the Sziget website, think you can move in from Friday for 20 euro or Sunday for 15 euro. There's 5 of us moving into vip on Sunday afternoon (:

Heyyyy,

Just a quick question, does anyone know that with VIP tickets do we have the possibility of setting up camp on the saturday or sunday before Sziget starts on the monday? Thaaaaaanks :music:

yes if you buy a moving-in ticket. (about 30 euros)

EDIT: shaun, you beat me to it! i'm moving into Alternativa camp on Sat, or maybe Sun. i have a full weekend moving-in ticket so can just go with the flow

Edited by doobie ninja

Drinks prices up

http://szigetfestival.com/content/_common/attachments/pricelist_jav.pdf

Selected things I've worked out based on current forint/pound rate:

Draft beer 0.5l- £1.49

Cider 0.4l- £1.71

Bottle still water- 84p

Bottle of coke- £1.03

Red Bull- £1.57

Bottle of wine- £6.84

Small glass of wine 0.1l- 91p

Large glass of wine 0.2l- £1.82

4cl shot of spirits- £2.39 (4cl is a bit under a UK double)

HELLA CHEAP

Do the spirit prices include a mixer?? (:

I remember paying £5 I think for a can of cider in Bestival last year!

Hi everybody!

me and friends are coming to sziget for the first time and we bought some tickets for the siesta camping.

my question is about the camping gear..is there a place near the festival that we can buy tents and aero bed or something for sleeping?

we bought 5-day tickets so we will get there only on the third day of the fesitval. 

any reccomendations will be great!

thanks!

Hi everybody!

me and friends are coming to sziget for the first time and we bought some tickets for the siesta camping.

my question is about the camping gear..is there a place near the festival that we can buy tents and aero bed or something for sleeping?

we bought 5-day tickets so we will get there only on the third day of the fesitval. 

any reccomendations will be great!

thanks!

Apparently there's a "camping store" on site this year, and there's a big supermarket right outside which usually has some supplies too!

Do the spirit prices include a mixer?? (:

I remember paying £5 I think for a can of cider in Bestival last year!

I don't think they do, but given that coke is £1 a bottle you can split one between you and a friend and the mixer would be 50p each, so still less than £3 for what is nearly a double with mixer

Apparently there's a "camping store" on site this year, and there's a big supermarket right outside which usually has some supplies too!

i heard about it but i'm afraid that everything will be sold out already on the third day of the festival..

Have a safe trip, bank holiday in Dublin, working till Friday and flying on Saturday night, looking forward!

I'm a bit nervous, I've never been on a festival for a week, so I think I probably ended up bringing too much stuff and forgetting the weird essentials, I've seen some lists in the forum that have been very helpful, also the weather shows it might rain during the week, so I don't know if I should bring the wellies.

This is a link with photos of the building process at Sziget, http://www.katechka.com/building-sziget-festival-7-days-to-go/

We're in Vienna now - a stone's throw from Budapest.it's absolutely baking - 35 degrees plus. So I really don't think you'll need wellies. If it rains, I think we'll be glad of the respite ☀ ☀ ☀

currently on the train to London, will be in BP by tonight. staying in the city for a few nights before hitting the festival. (staying in the oktagon area...that may be spelt wrong?!)

probably do some touristy things first. also found a gun range im going to visit :)

well...here goes my first european festival....and my first festival alone!

currently on the train to London, will be in BP by tonight. staying in the city for a few nights before hitting the festival. (staying in the oktagon area...that may be spelt wrong?!)

probably do some touristy things first. also found a gun range im going to visit :)

well...here goes my first european festival....and my first festival alone!

Exciting! Have a safe trip, I'm sure you'll have a blast, I did Benicassim alone in 2012 and met some amazing people, everyone's just out to have a good time! 

I can't wait, we're leaving at half 6 Sunday morning to catch the 11:45 flight out from Gatwick :D 

is this thing of the "camping store" inside the festival been officially confirmed or is it just a rumor? 

The impression I get from the Sziget Official Facebook page is that you can collect camping items on site but you need to order them online on the Sziget website.  I see a few things are already sold out.