ilbeyene

Thanks bro!

if anyone knows if the watches are WATERPROOF I would need to get an answer quickly since it seems like they are limited. 

Plus, is the city pass wroth the money? I think I'll only go to Budapest twice during the festival (will stay in the city however 2 days after) but I heard you can enter a crazy bath party. Any thoughts?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an early bird 7-day Sziget pass in November for about £170 and I was planning to go with this girl and her friends. Things didn't work out with the girl so now I don't want to awkwardly tag along.

I'm willing to sell this  7-day Sziget 2015 ticket on for the ridiculously cheap price of £100.

Let me know if you're interested!

Hello!! I am going to Sziget for the first time and very excited since ive never been to a festival that size! I have a few questions I would love if you are able to answer

1. Are the watches water proof? If they are not it ain't wroth the money

2.  How far are the lockers from most of the camping sites? I bought one with a charger and I hope I don't have to walk everyday long distances to charge it.

3. If I arrive Monday morning, will there still be decent camping sites for 12 people?

4. How long can you stay on the island on the 17? we are gonna be dead after Sigma at 6 am so I am wondering if we can sleep till the afternoon or have to pack.

5. Male/female ratio? (or as my friend asked me: is it easy to get at Sziget?)

6. Most recommended stage other than colluseum, arena, main and a38?

hope you can answer all :)

5) Sziget is probably the most sociable drinker festival I've been to. Plenty of young men/women on their summer tours of Europe on hostel trips to the festival etc.

6) The World stage. I don't like the Chill Out Garden because when I went the volume was so loud there was no way you could ever 'chill out' there

Hey Guys,

Has anyone camped in the wooden houses in the VIP area previously or intend to camp there this time around? I see there still avaiable could be worth a shot...

Are they worth the 200euro?

I've not stayed in them before but I am staying in one this year...  me and my friends have one spare I think, so could probably let you have one at a discount if you were interested?!   :)

I've not stayed in them before but I am staying in one this year...  me and my friends have one spare I think, so could probably let you have one at a discount if you were interested?!   :)

Thats a tempting offer thank you, il PM you now

And for anyone who has been to Sziget before i just have 1 more question:

Can anyone tell me the best way for topping up your festicard, should i bring over a lot of Hungarian Forints or would it be ok to top up the card using my debit card or would i get screwed over with rates?

Thats a tempting offer thank you, il PM you now

And for anyone who has been to Sziget before i just have 1 more question:

Can anyone tell me the best way for topping up your festicard, should i bring over a lot of Hungarian Forints or would it be ok to top up the card using my debit card or would i get screwed over with rates?

I cant decide on this either. im going to need cash for outside the festival and then for topping up my festicard. But i dont like using my Debit card abroad as its not as protected / issured as your credit card is. but if you take cash out of an ATM with a credit card...Or....use it at a currency exchange then you get charged loads! (HSBC is 2.35% transaction rate plus 18% cash advance charge). will topping up my festicard count as normal payment....or cash advance??

think i will take Forints....use my debit card to transfer onto festicard. and if i run out either pay for sales on my credit card or get cash out of an ATM with my debit card.

Fully equipped cosy apartment for rent at Óbuda (Budapest) for the time of the Sziget Festival (10-17. Aug. 2015)

2 room with double beds - extra bed on request. It's comfortable for 4+1 people. The flat is very close to the location of the Sziget Festival. Well equipped, Wi-Fi, balkony, IKEA furniture. Excellent public transport.

Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/veyiub1tEicUS5yC7
Price: 120 euro/night
For more details pm: kililla89@gmail.com
Edited by kililla

I cant decide on this either. im going to need cash for outside the festival and then for topping up my festicard. But i dont like using my Debit card abroad as its not as protected / issured as your credit card is. but if you take cash out of an ATM with a credit card...Or....use it at a currency exchange then you get charged loads! (HSBC is 2.35% transaction rate plus 18% cash advance charge). will topping up my festicard count as normal payment....or cash advance??

think i will take Forints....use my debit card to transfer onto festicard. and if i run out either pay for sales on my credit card or get cash out of an ATM with my debit card.

I was thinking of taking around £100 in HUF for general spending in the city/buying drugs etc, I'm going to use my debit card to top up my Festipay card for in the festival whenever it needs it.  

If I need more cash I'll just use my debit card as HSBC don't charge any fees to withdraw cash f you have an advance account.

Does anyone know how to edit this? http:///s/coucou/ 

It's really good but it's got a couple of mistakes (olivier Heldens instead of Oliver Heldens, and Sigma are now after Ian Autorun, not DJ Marky and Stamina MC) I'd like to rectify before printing it!

I don't think so, I've tried before. Just print and change it in pen?

Fully equipped cosy apartment for rent at Óbuda (Budapest) for the time of the Sziget Festival (10-17. Aug. 2015)

2 room with double beds - extra bed on request. It's comfortable for 4+1 people. The flat is very close to the location of the Sziget Festival. Well equipped, Wi-Fi, balkony, IKEA furniture. Excellent public transport.

Photos: https://goo.gl/photo...yiub1tEicUS5yC7
Price: 120 euro/night
For more details pm: kililla89@gmail.com

Hi

i know this is a boring question...but what are you guys packing? (especially the people flying).

Im guessing i'll be in shorts most the time, definitley in the day time. Even if it rains its not going to be cold in the day....surely? i'm thinking taking 2 x shorts, plus one pair of swimming shorts. i'll travel in jeans as they take up more room in my bag, then mainly its T-shirts. i dont really feel the cold, even at wet UK festivals i only normally wear two long sleeve Ts and a thin waterproof jacket...and sometimes thats wearing shorts.

I'm taking a large rucksack (70l i think?) which will have my tent inside, then a small rucksack which will be hand luggage on the plane.

Im a buggar for always taking too much when i go places. With UK festivals its no probs as i leave loads in the car. But this time ive got to get 2 trains to get me to the airport, fly to budapest, taxi to city, then days later move to the festival and so on.....so traveling light is needed.

Cheers

Hi

i know this is a boring question...but what are you guys packing? (especially the people flying).

Im guessing i'll be in shorts most the time, definitley in the day time. Even if it rains its not going to be cold in the day....surely? i'm thinking taking 2 x shorts, plus one pair of swimming shorts. i'll travel in jeans as they take up more room in my bag, then mainly its T-shirts. i dont really feel the cold, even at wet UK festivals i only normally wear two long sleeve Ts and a thin waterproof jacket...and sometimes thats wearing shorts.

I'm taking a large rucksack (70l i think?) which will have my tent inside, then a small rucksack which will be hand luggage on the plane.

Im a buggar for always taking too much when i go places. With UK festivals its no probs as i leave loads in the car. But this time ive got to get 2 trains to get me to the airport, fly to budapest, taxi to city, then days later move to the festival and so on.....so traveling light is needed.

Cheers

It's not a boring question! I love prepping to go to festivals lol. I'm probably going to be bringing 3 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of swim shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 4 t-shirts, 1 or 2 jumpers and 2 pairs of trainers, along with underwear obviously. I haven't really got a light waterproof jacket but should probably look at getting one as I think it can get a bit stormy with rain/lightning before it clears up for sun? 

I'm also taking a large 60 or 70l rucksack for my hold luggage, I have a tent which I'm going to strap to the side of my bag. I'm going to wrap it in plastic wrap also so it gets through the airport baggage system fine. There's 5 of us staying in VIP camping, 3 of them have bought the camping kit to collect at Sziget. I think we've also all bought the airbed for 20 euro to collect there too. 

Since my Dad's retired we're quite lucky he's offered us a lift to Gatwick there & back all the way from South Wales so haven't got to worry about trains or any of that.

I also always pack too much, I always end up with clothes that I don't wear as I guess when you're in a festival, you don't care if you wear the same clothes a couple of days in a row. They'll probably also having a laundry service if it's anything like Benicassim so you could just wash your clothes mid festival.

Here's the list of stuff I've thought to take, if you can think of anything else let me know, I've probably missed something! 

http://imgur.com/13CReUK

Here's the list of stuff I've thought to take, if you can think of anything else let me know, I've probably missed something! 

http://imgur.com/13CReUK

hay

flip flops? towel? ive got a micro-fibre camping towel, packs small and dries mega quick. im only taking travel toiletries as i will buy everything i need from the supermarket.

ive also copied all tickets and will put a set in my check-in luggage and a set in my hand luggage. if i or the airline lose one of my bags, at least i have my tickets :)

im not taking a sleeping bag as they take up too much room, just going to buy a blanket there.

they do have a laundary service as i found it on the site but cant find it now.

Do you have to wrap your bag? i seem to remember the airline doing it for my mates rucksack when we went to Amsterdam. im flying BA from Heathrow, may give them a buzz.

hay

flip flops? towel? ive got a micro-fibre camping towel, packs small and dries mega quick. im only taking travel toiletries as i will buy everything i need from the supermarket.

ive also copied all tickets and will put a set in my check-in luggage and a set in my hand luggage. if i or the airline lose one of my bags, at least i have my tickets :)

im not taking a sleeping bag as they take up too much room, just going to buy a blanket there.

they do have a laundary service as i found it on the site but cant find it now.

Do you have to wrap your bag? i seem to remember the airline doing it for my mates rucksack when we went to Amsterdam. im flying BA from Heathrow, may give them a buzz.

I'm gonna take a full size towel, I have one of those microfibre towels but don't find they're up to much cop.  I'm not a flip flops guy so gonna take two pairs of light trainers, something like a pair of toms if you get me.  From what I've heard, the supermarket over the bridge will have basically everything you need for the week, although I'm gonna pack stuff just incase.

We've got paper copies of our tickets, although it says you can show them on your mobile if you like, VIP camping has free mobile charging so I think we're all taking our smartphones over for calls/ data/ phots etc. 

I have a micro sleeping bag, takes up hardly any room, it's quite thin but warm, cost me like £12 from Tesco a few years ago. 

I'm not 100% sure about wrapping rucksacks and backpacks, I know a lot of the major airports have a machine that can wrap your bags for you but I think it's quite expenisve, we're travelling with Norwegian Air so I might give them a bell to see what their policy is about backpacks and that. 

HI ALL!!!

I HAVE A COMPLETE TICKET FOR SZIGET FESTIVAL BUT I CANT GO DUE TO WORK. SO I HAVE TO SELL MY TICKET, I'M NOT TRYING TO GAIN SOME MONEY, JUST TO GET BACK WHAT I SPEND.

SO ITS 220 EUROS FULL TICKET + CAMPING (negotiable)

MY EMAIL IS morate10@gmail.com