ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With rock'n'heim on August 14-16 linkin park were 100% sure for sziget. Now that rock'n'heim has moved to August 23 I'm not sure we'll have them. Other rock/metal bands doing European festivals are only Metallica (very expensive), BMTH, and... Mm, I don't know..

I've read in spanish press that this show will be the only european summer date for KoL (don't know if that's true)

source: http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=1820762

Kings of Leon, en la que podría ser su única actuación estival en Europa

I took a few spanish class, I think that podría is conditionnal "Kings of Leon, in what could be their only festival in Europe"... maybe that's because it's the first festival announced?

I've read in spanish press that this show will be the only european summer date for KoL (don't know if that's true)

source: http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=1820762

That's written that it "could" be their only European show. Probably just because they haven't any other European show confirmed until today. On the Hard Rock Rising website or Facebook page they don't talk about any exclusivity

I took a few spanish class, I think that podría is conditionnal "Kings of Leon, in what could be their only festival in Europe"... maybe that's because it's the first festival announced?

Your spanish ir right. It is a conditional, but in every spanish paper is written that is almost sure that will be their only european summer gig. Maybe it's a comercial strategy made by organizer of the event, but it's clear that is not a invention of the journalists because is written in several serious newspapers:

Another example:

http://eldia.es/agencias/8007877-CATALUNYA-Lenny-Kravitz-Kings-of-Leon-Avicii-Juanes-visitaran-Barcelona-Hard-Rock-Rising(here says " Kings of Leon, cuya visita será probablemente el único recital que ofrecerán en Europa" that means: "KoL, whose visit will be probably their only euroean gig"

I repeat, that I don't know if that's true or just a comercial strategy, but I'm sure that in the official press release sent to the media, the organizer has written subtly that posibility.

It's a new festival so I wouldn't be certain that they have that kind of financial power, but it's two festivals (Miami and Barcelona) launched by Hard Rock (as in Hard Rock Cafe) so maybe they can. But that would be a shame... wait n see!

edit: just saw that it's a live nation thingy so yes they are not newcomers :)

Edited by Noeliam

Seeing as the festival is clearly catering heavily to electronic music, chances of Porter Robinson appearing? He's doing R&L and Pukkelpop. I really like his last album a lot.

Also wondering if Kendrick Lamar might be on the bill, though I'd be a lot less excited about that I could see it happening.

Seeing as the festival is clearly catering heavily to electronic music, chances of Porter Robinson appearing? He's doing R&L and Pukkelpop. I really like his last album a lot.

Also wondering if Kendrick Lamar might be on the bill, though I'd be a lot less excited about that I could see it happening.

Porter Robinson is in Japan during Sziget weekend.

Where do you see Porter Robinson is playing Pukkelpop?

What are people's predictions for the 5 headliner slots? Any concrete rumours?

I'd guess Linkin Park, Kasabian, Mumford and Sons, Kendrick Lemar and Chemical Brothers. Would love to see Jack White as there are rumours he might be touring Europe end of the summer, guess we'll wait and see!

No chance mumford will play, they have american dates during sziget week. Linkin park could if they decide to come to Europe 1 week before their euro tour starts. Kasabian likely, Chemical likely closing act after Florence. Libertines very likely. Lenny Kravitz and Avicii likely. For Jack White, Blur, Drake and Kings of Leon we'll have to wait for august dates.

Don't worry doobie... I like the lineup but i'm not thrilled about it (no act I would die to see...) but there's still plenty tba (I hope for Kasabian and The Chemicals although Kravitz is more likely). I also want Linkin Park if Sziget can negociate, as well as Kings Of Leon.

But Sziget is gonna be fun anyway :)