ilbeyene

so....flights, ticket, alternativa, locker and moving in tickets all booked :) Just need to sort a hotel now

and ive just seen The Chemical Brothers are playing Germany around the 6th Aug, so hoping they might play Sziget.

finally, year after year of wanting to do sziget...its finally happening :biggrin:

Edited by doobie ninja

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't regret it ;)

It's even better than anything you could imagine!

The Chemicals are a good shout, would be amaing :) For DJ headliners (and closing acts) there are Avicii and Hardwell who are in Europe at this time (http://www.lastfm.fr/festival/3996827+Lake+Festival+2015) and are big enough to headline.

Tomorrow we are having the first balaton names , both festivals don't share acts.

Yes I meant headliners :)

But last year we only shared clean bandit (and they came at the last minute to replace London Grammar). I also see that some names of Balaton come back the next year at Sziget! For this year we already have Blasterjaxx announced... I hope for Disclosure, Pretty Lights and Rudimental!

Just a few questions to the oracles of Sziget....

How far is the main stage from the alternativa campsite?

Would you suggest it was worth the extra cash?

Would you still have to queue for showers?

How long does it take to walk the length of the island?

How far is budget parking from the island?

If you arrive on the Sunday in standard camping can you still get a good spot?

Cheers

How far is the main stage from the alternativa campsite?

About 15 minutes I'd say!

Would you suggest it was worth the extra cash?

Can't answer, wasn't there.

Would you still have to queue for showers?

If you do it's definitely gonna be less queue (I didn't wait more than 10 minutes in general showers).

How long does it take to walk the length of the island?

30-45 minutes depending on your pace.

How far is budget parking from the island?

Don't know.

If you arrive on the Sunday in standard camping can you still get a good spot?

We arrived sunday morning and there were plenty of space! It got more crowded in the afternoon but nothing like monday.

Cheers

Cheers :)

1) How far is the main stage from the alternativa campsite?

2) Would you suggest it was worth the extra cash?

3) Would you still have to queue for showers?

4) How long does it take to walk the length of the island?

5) How far is budget parking from the island?

6) If you arrive on the Sunday in standard camping can you still get a good spot?

Cheers

1) here's an old map ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1077695_10151628762564947_1137856857_o.jpg). Alternativa camping is in the red area where you see the italian flag, main stage yellow area number 35. Positions are the same.

2) If you're looking for a camping spot far from the stages with a night program yes, best campsite for sure. Then you have extra services like internal toilets, internal showers & more

3) It depends on when you want to have a shower. Sometimes big queues, sometimes no queues at all. I usually shower at 3pm and I never waited for more than 5 minutes (I'm talking about showers not in the special campsites).

4) 20 mins relaxed walking from Sziget Beach (north of the island) to the Alternativa or Apero Camping (south of the island)

5) Can't help for this. I've never gone by car.

6) I always arrived on monday morning and found a good spot under the shade of trees. But you have to search well. So I think you should not have any problems arriving on Sunday.

:)

Edited by ilbeyene

I think next announcements will be a little bit later this year.. But I'm not pessimistic at all. From what I see on the internet there's a lot of good artists playing in Europe in August and at the end of July. Linkin park, Mumford, Libertines (reunion tour) and Coldplay are supposed to play in Europe in that period, so I hope we are late because of them, cause they are starting to organise their european tours just now. Also Metallica will do R&L, kasabian are playing in Spain at the end of July, chemical brothers are in Germany in that period (ok they're an electronic act but everybody tells me that their shows are massive), Lenny Kravitz also in some other european festival, as well as avicii, dropkick murphys, fatboy slim, rudimental and other great non-headlining acts. Sziget had the first sold out and a great award last year.. So I think this year will be awesome even if muse and foo's are not with us :)

Patience... :)

LowLands also recently announced their first names. LowLands is the weekend after Sziget this year.

I'll probably be going there also... gonna need some time to recover after that i think.

Whole week Sziget, get back home monday afternoon... leave for LowLands on wednesday evening and get back home again on monday :)

The acts that LowLands annouced are:

Ben Howard, Major Lazer, The Chemical Brothers, Passenger, Bastille, Caribou, Django Django, Bear’s Den, José González, Alestorm, Four Tet, Marcel Dettmann, Enter Shikari, MØ, The Districts, Shovels & Rope, Mighty Oaks

Patience... :)

LowLands also recently announced their first names. LowLands is the weekend after Sziget this year.

I'll probably be going there also... gonna need some time to recover after that i think.

Whole week Sziget, get back home monday afternoon... leave for LowLands on wednesday evening and get back home again on monday :)

The acts that LowLands annouced are:

Ben Howard, Major Lazer, The Chemical Brothers, Passenger, Bastille, Caribou, Django Django, Bear’s Den, José González, Alestorm, Four Tet, Marcel Dettmann, Enter Shikari, MØ, The Districts, Shovels & Rope, Mighty Oaks

I did the same with Sziget and Pukkelpop in 2013. At the end I was completely exhausted, but it was epic. Anyway when you first go to Sziget end then go to another festival everything is looking worse. Pukkelpop is great but nothing compared to Sziget. Sziget is simply unbeatable. The best among the best.

Hello all Szitizens. Went to Sziget last year and had a great time. I'm wondering if anyone of you who have been at Sziget can recommend me some other great festivals as I probably can't come to Sziget this year. Been to Rock Werchter, great lineup (IMO) but nowhere near as fun as Sziget. Has anyone been at Roskilde or Benicassim?

I've been to all three. If you loved Sziget, Roskilde is the closer fit in terms of the general atmosphere and site.