ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement is out! Not much for me, but quite keen on AWOLNATION.

"Florence and the Machine, Alt-J, Blasterjaxx, Jamie Woon, Fauve, José Gonzalez, The Subways, Babylon Circus, Kadebostany & AWOLNATION ...are the first acts for ‪#‎Sziget2015‬!"

Playlist here: Sziget 2015

Edited by Zero_Newnab

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of going to Sziget this year. And since the people i normaly go to festivals with, arne not going at all or only go to LowLands festival, i'm probably going alone.

Are there any other people going alone this year? Probably lots, but any of those reading this forum ;-)

I'm going for the 7 day pass. And probably want to arrive the sunday before. I'd like to setle in relax and enjoy the surroundings and watching the big croud move in beginning of the week.

Does anybody have some good tips on flying tickets (from holland) and on where to camp? I don't need to be close to any of the big stages ;-)

Im hoping to go this year (i hope every year but something always gets in my way!) and i'll be going alone. Camp unkown sounds great....i dont have Face book though! (im a Twitter person)

Hoping to fly in Fri or Sat, and see some of the City. Then move in to the fest Sun. Just looked at flights from the UK...more expensive than i thought.

I take it most people arrive Mon & Tue?

Thinking of going to Sziget this year. And since the people i normaly go to festivals with, arne not going at all or only go to LowLands festival, i'm probably going alone.

Are there any other people going alone this year? Probably lots, but any of those reading this forum ;-)

I'm going for the 7 day pass. And probably want to arrive the sunday before. I'd like to setle in relax and enjoy the surroundings and watching the big croud move in beginning of the week.

Does anybody have some good tips on flying tickets (from holland) and on where to camp? I don't need to be close to any of the big stages ;-)

I'm going to go alone too, I went alone last year but didn't join the "camp unknown" on facebook so I added myself to it for this year. I'm planning to pretty much do the same thing of moving in on sunday with a 7 day ticket. last year I arrived on the first day of the festival and couldn't find a decent spot for my tent, ended up sleeping on a tree root for the week which I'm going to try and avoid doing again

yeah...sleeping on a tree root for a few nights would suck, let alone a week!

Dont get me wrong, i love to party but i am quite fussy about my camp spots. if you can get good rest...you can party harder! :) Everything ive read about sziget does say though that there is no such thing as a quiet camp spot...which is a concern.

Thinking i would arrive at the fest on the sat, if im spending that much money getting there whats an extra a day or two. really want to see some of the city.

Yeah the earlier you can arrive the better I would say. from walking around the island last year id say you could probably find camping spots away from the stages and bars if you are there early but I cant say how quite your neighbors will be!. Once they produce the map of the festival online you can see where you think the most comfortable camping spots are

I agree that getting a bit of sleep is important :sleep:

I just always bring earplugs, that helps a lot. but a place a bit away from the big stages would be nice.

I'm betting arriving saturday morning is early enough for a normal spot.

Do you guys plan on staying on the normal festival site, or at one of the special campsites?

If you realy want a quiet sleep you should get apartement in the city, but thats not a option for me. i love the festival experience of being there 24/7. wouldnt like leaving each day.

i agree....need to stay on site as you experience the true vibe of the place (sounds corny i know). at all festivals ive always camped away from all the madness as its normally quieter, plus..the walk back at night sobers me up and i normally meet people and see crazy shit :)

Thinking of camping in Siesta camping. its 65 euros, plus 16 euros for a guarded locker. so that coverts to a total of £63, which divided by the 9 days i would be there (arive Sat) is £7 a day....which gets you quite a few nice perks over normal camping.

Edited by doobie ninja

i see that the special campsites open up on monday morning.

gonna buy my sziget ticket today and will be ariving saturday.

so if you wanna stay at a campsite, you camp out for 1 night and move in monday morning as one of the first. so guessing you can find a decent spot to camp then.

also read that cam alternativa is run by italian people. so does that mean there are lots of italian people on the campsite?