2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

I hope they remember what they wrote in January. I will remind you.

"We've taken the decision not to run @sonisphere in the UK this Summer. We are working on 2016."

Not sure when things really get announced, but they may wait for the post Christmas rush now. Gives them time to secure GnR (we all know that's who they're after).

I wouldn't say that's entirely true, DEAG are in talks with them for RIR and Rockavaria so might front the cash for the UK as well, cause if they can get them for that then it might increase the likelihood of promoting the stadium shows that will no doubt follow in 2016/17.

Dunno if they are one of the bands they have put an offer out to though for the UK.

9 hours ago, kipper64 said:

I wouldn't say that's entirely true, DEAG are in talks with them for RIR and Rockavaria so might front the cash for the UK as well, cause if they can get them for that then it might increase the likelihood of promoting the stadium shows that will no doubt follow in 2016/17.

Dunno if they are one of the bands they have put an offer out to though for the UK.

Yeah I suppose. Unlikely that they could actually pull it off but I could see them shooting for something like that.

54 minutes ago, kipper64 said:

Sonisphere Italy announcement on Monday

No prizes for guessing who this will be, though. With support from Ghost and The Raven Age.

29 minutes ago, kipper64 said:

Thats what I was thinking though there was a Rock in Roma leak and that has PJ and Maiden - guess Maiden might do both though?

Maybe. But I just googled Rock in Roma to remind myself what it was and last year's Rock in Roma had a Sonisphere event (headlined by Metallica of course) so maybe it's the same thing.

On 11/27/2015, 10:04:07, Pubely said:

I hope they remember what they wrote in January. I will remind you.

"We've taken the decision not to run @sonisphere in the UK this Summer. We are working on 2016."

I'm sure they do, and I'm sure they'll say the same thing about 2017

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Soni faves Mastodon, Anthrax and now Slayer at BOA. It's like Download stuck the knife into Soni and Bloodstock raided its pockets. :P

Top analogy there dentalplan. I posted that after Slayer were announced for BOA. If Anthrax weren't indicator enough that Soni2016 is fucked then Slayer is shouting it from the roof tops. 

On 10/30/2015, 1:22:18, Black_Crow said:

Who's up for Metallica next year?

On 10/30/2015, 3:21:47, Black_Crow said:

Who would like to see the Big 4 again?

On 10/31/2015, 7:48:15, Black_Crow said:

1 repeat, 2 new.

On 10/31/2015, 1:08:54, Black_Crow said:

You won't be disappointed..  

On 11/2/2015, 9:56:38, Black_Crow said:

Announcement soon

On 11/9/2015, 6:39:42, Black_Crow said:

An announcement is on the Horizon, wait and see.

On 11/10/2015, 8:11:10, Black_Crow said:

Just wait and see what Sonisphere have planned. No one will be disappointed.

On 11/11/2015, 11:07:06, Black_Crow said:

You need to

On 11/17/2015, 8:12:00, Black_Crow said:

Patience. Bands aren't ready yet.

Could the all knowing one or his same computer alter ego please give us an update. Some of us need to plan our summers you see. No wait, some of us already have. We did this by ignoring all the speculative bollox above.

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Could the all knowing one or his same computer alter ego please give us an update. Some of us need to plan our summers you see. No wait, some of us already have. We did this by ignoring all the speculative bollox above.

so, from all that, the suggestion is Metallica.

I'm not doubting their credentials as a band, but it's hardly going to set the world on fire if it does happen, is it?

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not doubting their credentials as a band, but it's hardly going to set the world on fire if it does happen, is it?

You'd think but somehow Metallica has kept the crowd coming to various different festivals for 10+ years now.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just happening will be a victory for metalicrow.

Just now, jump said:

You'd think but somehow Metallica has kept the crowd coming to various different festivals for 10+ years now.

They'd have an audience, of course they would. As I said, I'm not doubting them.

I guess I'm pointing out that it doesn't really fit with the "you won't be disappointed" that Black Crow said. Even the most die-hard Metallica fans must be hoping for something different by now.