• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

When is t-day anyway?

Probably the first Sunday in October if the last 2 years are any indication............... Which is a nightmare but will be done.

We get back from Kenya the day before and the Sunday is my single biggest function of the year so I have to be up at 6am to set it all up, come home, eat.... Ali goes off to man the things until I get there after trying for tickets.

Haha! You've been bitten!!

Isn't it great? I love how it becomes an all consuming obsession after your first ten minutes at the festival.

It really is an obsession.... not just bitten but smitten bitten!!!!

We still love other festivals but they just do not compare.

Larmer Tree next week but then nothing til Watchett on 22nd Aug - so might go to Farm Festival on 1st August!!

Larmer Tree next week but then nothing til Watchett on 22nd Aug - so might go to Farm Festival on 1st August!!

Secret Garden Party is a good one. We did that in 2012 when there was no Glastonbury, then again in 2013 as it was so good! I quite fancy Larmer Tree one year, it's near me I think?

Probably the first Sunday in October if the last 2 years are any indication............... Which is a nightmare but will be done.

We get back from Kenya the day before and the Sunday is my single biggest function of the year so I have to be up at 6am to set it all up, come home, eat.... Ali goes off to man the things until I get there after trying for tickets.

Note to self: Re-arrange life to fit around T Day :)

(for you, I mean!)

Secret Garden Party is a good one. We did that in 2012 when there was no Glastonbury, then again in 2013 as it was so good! I quite fancy Larmer Tree one year, it's near me I think?

Larmer is quite close to you I think..... I shall report on what it was like but I know it will be fabulous!!

Secret Garden Party is a new one on me - and is on my list of festivals now.

Note to self: Re-arrange life to fit around T Day :)

(for you, I mean!)

If only.................... The Kenya thing is a one off, for Ali's 50th but the Sunday event is an annual one that is always on the same day. Hard work on that and ticket front but when both are successful (like last year) the day flies past with a massive smile etched on our faces.

Larmer is quite close to you I think..... I shall report on what it was like but I know it will be fabulous!!

Secret Garden Party is a new one on me - and is on my list of festivals now.

SGP is like essence of Glastonbury, only smaller. And with lots of hipsters, but you kinda vague them out after the first few hours!!

Kenya will be great!

Cool, I will plan ahead for my 50th then, big excuse to take mrs cj away for a bit :-) only 4 years to wait then...

We love Shambala - really has the Glastonbury Greenfields feel about it during the day but comes alive at night. VERY relaxed and friendly feel. Good size site that is compact but doesn't feel over crowded.

It's one of 7 for us this summer

I wouldn't do any other "big" festivals unless he line-up was really amazing. We've got Cropredy and Rewind North this summer.

We looked at the other 'big' ones and out of those only Kendal Calling held any interest for us although Festival Number 6 looks amazing just for its location!!

We used to go to Kendal Calling every year - the line up is fantastic, but we got fed up of the constant dickheads robbing tents, Nos 24/7 in the campsite and knife attacks on the traders at night - just didn't have a good vibe.

No.6 is dead posh! they even had a Boden stall!

We love Shambala - really has the Glastonbury Greenfields feel about it during the day but comes alive at night. VERY relaxed and friendly feel. Good size site that is compact but doesn't feel over crowded.

It's one of 7 for us this summer

You have planned a lovely summer. We are also going to Shambala. It really is as you say and then some. To my mind it's actually up there with Glastonbury. It also doesn't have an arena where you can't bring your own drinks into. That's very important to me in my enjoyment of a festival, although I have been to three small scale festivals with an arena and still enjoyed them - just not as much.

We are also due to go to Something Else in the Dean too later this year. Apparently the organiser refuses to allow the festival to grow beyond the small scale 500 that it's current capacity is. I've never been to a festival that small before and I really think it'll be interesting.

In other news - I think I'll post some more on this thread again, despite the fact that my faith in the Weather Gods has been severely tested by their performance this year at the festival.

We are also due to go to Something Else in the Dean too later this year. Apparently the organiser refuses to allow the festival to grow beyond the small scale 500 that it's current capacity is. I've never been to a festival that small before and I really think it'll be interesting.

We went to Chill at the Mill in Cornwall this year - 500 capacity. It is run by a friend of ours. Really is like a private party. By the first day everyone knows everyone, or at least is on nodding terms! That is the smallest we have been to. Apart from Glastonbury , this year the largest will be Boomtown I think. Now that is like Glastonbury's naughty corner.

I feel like we are getting Glastonbury in installments!

Boomtown = SE corner

Shambala = Greenfields/ cabaret field

Standon Calling = The Other stage/Glade

Tokyo Dub = The Gully /Blues

I'm not sure about the others - they have weird shit not found at Glasto

We went to Chill at the Mill in Cornwall this year - 500 capacity. It is run by a friend of ours. Really is like a private party. By the first day everyone knows everyone, or at least is on nodding terms! That is the smallest we have been to. Apart from Glastonbury , this year the largest will be Boomtown I think. Now that is like Glastonbury's naughty corner.

I feel like we are getting Glastonbury in installments!

Boomtown = SE corner

Shambala = Greenfields/ cabaret field

Standon Calling = The Other stage/Glade

Tokyo Dub = The Gully /Blues

I'm not sure about the others - they have weird shit not found at Glasto

Yes I did think that the small festival we are going to would be intimate. We are supposed to be going with my wife's brother and his wife, but my wife thinks they'll not turn up - it's a long story. Anyway, even if it's just the two of us I think it'll be a great experience. It'll just be a bit novel and weird, as presumably there is only one act on at a time. I went to Glastonbury one year and it rained from the word go. We also dosed ourselves up from the word go. As it was raining we went into a tent and there was a fantastic band playing. They had the whole crowds attention and admiration. They were excellent musicians and the lead singer told a very corny joke in between songs.There was wall to wall fun being had in that tent because everybody got it. I'm hoping the 500 capacity festival I'm going to has that vibe too.

Morning all...... Im back and reporting for duty.

not read through the old 2014 NFRNFC thread, hope you all had a great time :) made it to the Avalon bar on the thurs but not till about 7pm, didnt see any NFRNFC T-shirts (had mine on and for some reason a FEZ!!!!) wasn`t the soberist person at the time so my vision (and memory) was/is a bit hazy.

Great start to the 2015 NFRNFC thread by the way.

anyone looking for a small fest in August have a gander at Farmer Phils Fest... real old school.

:beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach::beach:

Went went last year - is it small but fantastic...... and less than 2 miles from our house!!!!

Can't go this year as we are in Kenya - but 2015 we will be there.

Gail, the organiser, is a fantastic lady.