The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show

Comfy Bean

As we know, Mr C is bringing his tunes to KC on the Thursday night. With a lot of people expected on site and nothing much else happening then this could be massive fun in the sun. For anyone who doesn`t know what he does, he has a special show on BBC6 Music tomorrow ( Saturday ) night from 6pm-9pm. He is doing a " live " set at the docks in Liverpool to a big crowd. Will be interesting to see what mixes he will be rolling out this summer. Enjoy..........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him years ago at an Edinburgh Festival trying to be the front of a house jazz band. He was terribad. "I can't sing", he admitted to the pudgy white crowd stuffed into Red Dwarf t-shirts. So, he has at least some self-awareness.

But oh my hot rocks is he a great F&S DJ, tune choice, chat, and sheer energetic love of it all. He finally found his correct place in the UK music scene.

PS, apparently he'll be in the Village somewhere or something. Think the main festival bit will still be closed on the Thursday.

I saw him years ago at an Edinburgh Festival trying to be the front of a house jazz band. He was terribad. "I can't sing", he admitted to the pudgy white crowd stuffed into Red Dwarf t-shirts. So, he has at least some self-awareness.

But oh my hot rocks is he a great F&S DJ, tune choice, chat, and sheer energetic love of it all. He finally found his correct place in the UK music scene.

PS, apparently he'll be in the Village somewhere or something. Think the main festival bit will still be closed on the Thursday.

This is right on the money VR. He plays good tunes for sure but it is also his passion for it and the fact that he is having as good a time as anyone watching that makes him a must see live for me. I see he has been booked to play the Arcadia Spider at Glastonbury on the Saturday.

comfortablynumb he did indeed play the above in his set at Willowman last weekend! I can't say I really remember lots of others but he also played Sydney Youngblood If only I could mixed with something or other which I thought was cracking. Great stuff all round and looking forward to seeing him again at KC

comfortablynumb he did indeed play the above in his set at Willowman last weekend! I can't say I really remember lots of others but he also played Sydney Youngblood If only I could mixed with something or other which I thought was cracking. Great stuff all round and looking forward to seeing him again at KC

Nice one. Still would like to know what time he is coming on at KC ?

Anyone know when they have a licence to on the Thursday ?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any details on the location or time he starts on thursday? Hopefully fairly late to allow to get tents up and ready after getting there from work. I saw him in Shangri la and on Arcadia at Glastonbury this year and he was on top form, I've always seemed to miss out on seeing him at KC for some reason or another but hopefully i can change that this year.

Think your right. The man brings the tunes. Will be a great start to the weekend. Look forward to seeing you there mate.

Yeah should start it off in style, good to see Thursdays getting a bit more attention this year. We'll catch up for a few beers for sure

I might have missed someone else posting this so appologies if i'm repeating it.

Noticed on the efests Kendal line up page it has smoove and turrel, qui digs, lack of Afro and Morris Chestnut all confirmed to play on Thursday before Craig Charles.