Champagne/Prosecco/Fizz in a plastic or a tin?

herecomesyourman

Yup have also sodastreamed wine. You need a couple of bottles to fill up the sodastream bottle otherwise it doesn't fizz very well. It's surprisingly ok in a 70s way. Fizz doesn't last that long and mates have hysterics when first go sends wine everywhere. On that note don't try it with milk. Fizzy cappuccino wasn't all that good and the mess took hours to clean up.

Yo!

Gas is much more soluble in liquid if the liquid is cold, The colder the liquid the more gas it can hold. Fizzy wine is fizzy because it has CO2 dissolved in it.

If you want to decant fizzy wine into plastic bottles, chill the wine as cold as possible without freezing it and also chill the plastic bottles in advance. This way you will lose as little fizz as is possible. Hope this helps.

( It's science,bitch. :) )

Nice one Sawdusty Surfer. I think I'll run with that plan of action if I can't find decent cans of fizzy wine. I've really got into prosecco recently. It tastes good and gets you nice and pissed quite fastly. What other flight path do you need I ask myself?

I'm such a science slag. The things I'd do for a peek of a bunsen burner flame right now!

I bought some of the sparkling perry in the pink cans from Home Bargains and tested it out yesterday, it's actually pretty decent! 49p a can and 7.5%, I think I'll be getting a couple more.

Thanks for the input. The other two cans on the link above were a bit too weak for my liking. However, 7.5% is a much better proposition. I haven't got a store immediately near to me but it might be worth my effort driving to one and checking out the taste before I commit to buying a stack of them.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've bought a load of the perry in a can. I found it in Savers, which i think is the same company as home bargains as the logos are similar.

Anyway I tried it, warm, and it was ok. I've drank worse. I might add a little blackcurrant cordial to mine and see how that goes. They also have a selection of cocktails in a can ranging from 59-99p. They are only small too so I think they will cram into the gaps between clothes in my rucksack nicely.

For a DIY approach:

I proposed to my fiancee last year at Glastonbury and I asked my old man to decant some prosecco into a plastic bottle for me to take for the big moment (we stay at my parents the night before Glastonbury, so I gave that task to him to try and keep it all a secret!).

It worked ok, still had the fizz, but I don't think it would have lasted any longer than the Wednesday evening - which was when I popped the Q.

Here's the method he followed:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/159851-plastic-champagne-bottles/?p=3560561