Trolley help

Guest Kellg80

Advice needed, thinking about purchasing a foldable garden trolley for transporting gear from car to site. Anybody used these, was hoping could use it for transporting kids around festival too! 9 year old should be ok but 4 year old could find the walking tough later on in evening! Help please guys . Any best buys??

Not much help to you, as not foldable but saw a full size bath on wheels last year. Three kiddies fitted in perfectly from what I remember!

But ditto the above, large wheels and suspension are good. We picked up one of the garden trolleys with sides that can be taken off or folded down several years ago. It cost about £60 and weighs about 25kg, I think. Excellent purchase and will be used again this year! I'm guessing with cushions in, it would suit a 4 yr old.

This was our Glastomobile for many years constructed by bolting two B&Q sack trucks together. Not foldable (needs a roof rack) but you could build all sorts on to when you've constructed the chassis.

2jeuzi0.jpg

Can not work out how to put link on. It's very similar to the Robert dyas one slightly smaller but will fold down so can get it in car! Not a lot of space with two adults and two kids lol. Still will carry 100kg so should hold up (fingers crossed)

I'd be wary about ones that have wheels that turn because the pivot point can be a weak point.

By that I don't mean wheels that turn in the sense of go round but wheels that can be 'steered' and change direction.

Edited by grumpyhack

thought I'd share a lesson from last year so no one else suffers the same problem. If you leave your trolley lieing in the sun whilst you set up your tents then sit and have your first festival beer, if its a nice enough day the wheels may explode!

Couldn't believe it survived the journey carrying everything across the mud, then self combusted.

sml_gallery_9120_948_82698.jpg

an old buggy? going for about £1 on ebay. We've had that one for about 10 years now.

that's not fully loaded yet..

don't forget the bungees!

Edited by tonyblair

sml_gallery_9120_948_82698.jpg

an old buggy? going for about £1 on ebay. We've had that one for about 10 years now.

that's not fully loaded yet..

don't forget the bungees!

Edited by oneeye