Secret resales

Funkyfairy!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry MajorMajor, but could you just add one more to your list, tried in all the sales and re sales and failed , absolutely gutted, have taken half a week off work starting from the 12th to try again, any help much appreciated , i'm at carolbenstead123@ btinternet.com thanks .

but i'd say the vast majority of people wouldn't have the faintest when it comes to scripting something like this. the automated websites that check aren't exactly immediate - they can take 20 mins to shoot you an e-mail.

i'd recommend anyone to try it themselves on a linux box. buy a raspberry pi and away you go. it is remarkably simple...

I think you may be overestimating most peoples' IT competence there.

I think its MajorMajor that needs to be congratulated here!! He set up the mailing list. It was'nt Memory man!!! Sorry, but just saying....... :)

Hello Dee1978.

Your absolutely right. I've now married the wrong man.

MajorMajor - my praise was meant to be in your direction. I can't marry you now though as I've accidentally married Memory Man, and we are living a happy quiet life in the country. I hope you understand and that your heart is not broken. :)

Hello Dee1978.

Your absolutely right. I've now married the wrong man.

MajorMajor - my praise was meant to be in your direction. I can't marry you now though as I've accidentally married Memory Man, and we are living a happy quiet life in the country. I hope you understand and that your heart is not broken. :)

I think you might also have a problem with someone else due to this inadvertent marrying. Bigamy on the cards?

I think you might also have a problem with someone else due to this inadvertent marrying. Bigamy on the cards?

Yes, I'm going to have to cross that bridge when I get to it. Which is this week. Yikes!

Actually I can't wait. The wedding planning and preparation is doing both our heads in, so we are really looking forward to the honeymoon. Don't tell Memory Man though. He thinks I'm going off to work on an oil rig for a few weeks.

i've just added a bunch of people. you'll need to confirm via the e-mail from google.

i'm not going to add any more, the list is getting too big.

Thanks major for all of your efforts, I didn't get an email from Google yet, but I totally understand how big your list has got and will try to follow any alerts on here instead.

Good luck to all of those chasing the elusive remaining tickets

Hi Major - I put my twitter name, not email, back on one of the first pages: would I still get an alert notifying me from yourself? If not, it would be most appreciated if you could add my name to the list - joshilanblogs@gmail.com

Also, does anyone know whether it is only coach tickets available, likely amount of tickets to be made available, the likely date for the resale, and how long it should last before tickets run out? Any help would be wonderful!

Hey,

Gutted I missed out on Major Majors email thing, can anyone else keep me informed as to when the resales are?

I can't because I'll be away. However, if you do as this person (gorfield) says on the Questions section then you will get a notification of when a sale takes place - see below;

Register this website link – http://glastonbury.s...gfl-worthy-view

On here – http://visualping.io/

And you will be informed when the page has changed! ie – when tickets are back on sale.

I have a script I wrote running on my server which emails me whenever there is a change to various URL's (see tickets, the news page, line up), Its been running for years. I can even get it to text me, though I normally have that switched off as it costs me per text to do that.

Sounds like this is kinda already what you guys have running at the moment but if it'll be of any use to anyone let me know. With it being my own script its heavily customisable, I can add/remove URL's, look for specific text etc. Let me know/PM me if its of any use.

I can't because I'll be away. However, if you do as this person (gorfield) says on the Questions section then you will get a notification of when a sale takes place - see below;

Register this website link – http://glastonbury.s...gfl-worthy-view

On here – http://visualping.io/

And you will be informed when the page has changed! ie – when tickets are back on sale.

Cheers buddy. I'll be up early tomorrow in the vain hope that the tickets might be on sale.

I have a script I wrote running on my server which emails me whenever there is a change to various URL's (see tickets, the news page, line up), Its been running for years. I can even get it to text me, though I normally have that switched off as it costs me per text to do that.

Sounds like this is kinda already what you guys have running at the moment but if it'll be of any use to anyone let me know. With it being my own script its heavily customisable, I can add/remove URL's, look for specific text etc. Let me know/PM me if its of any use.

Would you be so kind to add my email address to your list? george.berry@bolton.gov.uk

Hey,

Gutted I missed out on Major Majors email thing, can anyone else keep me informed as to when the resales are?

I've bowed out a bit from my original offer to organise resale alerts, as majormajor was more organised and technical than me. However if I see anything I will be letting people know and I will get on to you too. Good luck, can't believe you are still ticketless

Also, does anyone know whether it is only coach tickets available, likely amount of tickets to be made available, the likely date for the resale, and how long it should last before tickets run out? Any help would be wonderful!

I think all that has been covered in this thread already.

However the answer is really no-one knows. Last year there were limited departure coach tickets only, it was after the refund date, it was 4 per booking and each sale lasted about 20 mins.