Massive Attack excitement thread

ghandi

Although I would have loved to see Jay Z - I passed so that I could see Massive Attack and they did not disappoint. They were fcking amazing - a definite highlight of that year.

I wish I could find the video on youtube but when the noise/feeling when the hook dropped on Risingson I will never, ever forget.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've played two shows on the new tour so far.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/massive-attack/2014/festivalna-hall-sofia-bulgaria-73c01a29.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/massive-attack/2014/macka-kucukciftlik-park-istanbul-turkey-5bc01be4.html

Sets seem pretty good.

Edit:

I'd never heard this before; interested to know how Martina would fit into this live.

Edited by nickharley

I'm so excited to see massive attack I just fear it's going to be one of those acts where no matter where I stand due to them being more mellow I'm going to have to put up with some twat talking shit the whole way through it

I'm hoping it will be like the xx in the same slot last year where everyone was incredibly respectful, and it was magical :)

They've played two shows on the new tour so far.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/massive-attack/2014/festivalna-hall-sofia-bulgaria-73c01a29.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/massive-attack/2014/macka-kucukciftlik-park-istanbul-turkey-5bc01be4.html

Sets seem pretty good.

Edit:

I'd never heard this before; interested to know how Martina would fit into this live.

happy with those sets, but I'd take the first one over the second. Love karmacoma

From looking at vids the version of battlebox they are opening with is pretty epic! A lot of the other songs have also been re-jigged as well so it is sounding v.good, they're really going to nail it.

Trying to avoid too many spoilers of the sound/stage show though tbh. Only shame with the setlist for me is no Atlas Air to end it with a bang

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

Do you think it may draw upon the show that they did with Adam Curtis? Even though that didn't receive rave reviews I would love to see them either way.

Love it when the bass line for karma coma kicks in in that.

God I hope not that show was awful!! The other half was devasted not to see a decent Massive Attack set but some self indulgent consiparicy theory b*ll*cks

God I hope not that show was awful!! The other half was devasted not to see a decent Massive Attack set but some self indulgent consiparicy theory b*ll*cks

seems apparent from the setlists I posted above that probably won't be the case.

Edited by nickharley

seems apparent from the setlists I posted above that probably won't be the case.

My boy will be happy :)

I really only know a bit of their stuff but have been listening to their ailbums and I do think it is going to be one of those magical wash over you goosebump sets so I'm happy about that

That manchester gig don't get me wrong the music was great it was just all the b*ll*cks inbetween I couldn't stand

My boy will be happy :)

I really only know a bit of their stuff but have been listening to their ailbums and I do think it is going to be one of those magical wash over you goosebump sets so I'm happy about that

That manchester gig don't get me wrong the music was great it was just all the b*ll*cks inbetween I couldn't stand

I don't think I would have minded it personally , purely on the basis that I used to like Adam Curtis' films. I did see that the reviews for it were pretty bad - average across the board though haha.

yeah I'm hoping for something to completely blow me away; I'm starting to think this will be the case !!!

I don't think I would have minded it personally , purely on the basis that I used to like Adam Curtis' films. I did see that the reviews for it were pretty bad - average across the board though haha.

yeah I'm hoping for something to completely blow me away; I'm starting to think this will be the case !!!

I take it you didn't go to the gig then? IMO it as the biggest pile of s***te I have ever witnessed!! As I say the music was lovely but the overall "experience" was just b*ll*ks as it was just ill informed opinion masqueraded as fact... it was total nonsense and we didn't enjoy so a decent set will be gratefully received :)

I take it you didn't go to the gig then? IMO it as the biggest pile of s***te I have ever witnessed!! As I say the music was lovely but the overall "experience" was just b*ll*ks as it was just ill informed opinion masqueraded as fact... it was total nonsense and we didn't enjoy so a decent set will be gratefully received :)

I didn't enjoy it either. It was all a little bit too self indulgent & 1980's conspiracy theory themed for me. The band were hardly visible at all, which would have been fine had the majority of the film been worth watching & the guest slots seemed slightly wasted too. I was so excited when I read Elizabeth Frazer was going to be involved & she was pretty much non-existent throughout. It was a shame because the venue itself was brilliant & could have been put to use much better by everyone involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing a decent Massive Attack show though.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I've just watched the Sofia gig earlier this month and now I am really excited and pumped for this! I have to be front and centre,it's gonna be a great way to end the festival.

Edited by ghandi

Glad to see they are doing good sets. Like many others, I was left feeling a bit bored last time they played Glastonbury. I wasn't sure about seeing them again but think I might now.