Is this the full line up?

Guest sinc72

Just done a very quick count. Looks like 198 have been announced this year compared with a total of 254 last year. So unless theres a significant drop in the number of bands playing, or I'm even crapper at maths than I thought I was, then there should be a fair few bands still to be added.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the tapestry this weekend at one of my local festivals. Should be a good one twisted wheel, reverand and the makers, space, dexters, the sunshine underground, goldie lookin chain, john powers plus loads of local acts and only £35 for 3 days

• 2 weeks later...

The Sunshine Underground add to Y Not and playing the tiny Festival Republic tent at Reading and Leeds, do you think they could still be added at this late stage??? I will be seeing them a week after Kendal in soon woods in Sc**thorpe, I would still like them at Kendal though. Top band.

Also Ordinary Boys have just announced a tour! Please bag them quick.

I can't imagine they have much more to add, noticed that Nordic Giants just been given their own announcement on twitter and if they feel they are worthy of that i'd guess the line up is pretty much finished.

Saying that Wouldn't mind seeing the Ordinary Boys added very enjoyable when i saw them a few years back.

Ordinary Boys are on of my favourite bands, never seen them at a festival though, only their own gigs, can imagine it would be amazing in the sunshine. Just booked tickets to see them again at Leeds Cockpit, not even in the main room, they are in a smaller one that only holds 250 people and tickets were only £10!!!

I feel for you guys - very disappointing numbers so far.

I know I said 'less is more' last year, but I was referring to the number of stages so money could be spent on bigger and better bands/performers.

Maybe time to look elsewhere if things don't improve over the next month?

I feel for you guys - very disappointing numbers so far.

I know I said 'less is more' last year, but I was referring to the number of stages so money could be spent on bigger and better bands/performers.

Maybe time to look elsewhere if things don't improve over the next month?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Fewer bands, almost none of them on a "must see" list, which is better for me as it's taking my attention off the main stage and into the smaller areas.

Also, I'm seeing Public Enemy on the Wednesday before Kendal. In a really brilliant, small venue too.

That'll get me going...

I think the line up at most festivals this year are lacking somewhat and it definitely isn't the strongest line up KC have ever had.

But I will defend the organisers because despite all the negative feedback, both Frank Turner and Example have always been amongst the most requested artists when they have asked. Plus the festival has sold out. Tickets were still on sale a week before the festival last year.

Tickets for V Festival are still on sale today. They normally sell out on or within a few days. V, Isle of White and other festivals are offering tickets at below face value of Amazon Local.

If I look at the two main stages at Glastonbury I would only go and see 14 out of the 51 acts. I've got 15 acts at KC that I expect to be on the main or calling out stages that I would go and see plus others on the minor stages. So although it's not the best line up, I'm still more than happy.

Plus I've always had a cracking weekend.

I think there is a chance of one or two late additions, but no more than that. I think they might be saving money on the bands to make improvement to the site - not long until we find out.