Lock Up 2014

I need to listen to Slave but I was too busy listening to Every Time I Die's Hot Damn! in pure excitement and The Cure Disintegration (why the hell not :P )

I've checked out Pulled Apart By Horses (I know they're not on the Lock Up but meh) and Mongol Horde today as well and I really like them.

Overall I'd see (baring clashes) Jimmy Eat World, Of Mice & Men (don't hate me), Architects, Mongol Horde, Baby Godzilla, Every Time I Die, letlive, Marmozets, Neck Deep and The Wonder Years which is quite good :D

No Contest, Gnarwolves are perhaps the best live punk band around at the minute. I've never seen them do a bad show. Excited to see them on the main stage.

EDIT: Also Lonely The Brave are cack live. They've got some great tracks but they just aren't a great performing band.

I doubt they'll end it early to avoid a blink clash, I'm not sure Gogol Bordello have the biggest crossover with Blink. And if there are 12 bands for the Lock Up each day then the sets would be ludicrously short if the ended the stage an hour and a half early.

The singer may be hindered by his stage fright but his voice is so powerful live it more than makes up for it.

Wonder Years into Letlive into Every Time I Die into Mongol Horde into Gogol Bordello would be a perfect end to the weekend. Five great bands there.

Doubt th would happen as regardless if the Lock Up closes early The Wonder Years and potentially letlive. would clash with the A Day To Remember and I'd imagine that would be really unpopular

Overall I'd see (baring clashes) Jimmy Eat World, Of Mice & Men (don't hate me), Architects, Mongol Horde, Baby Godzilla, Every Time I Die, letlive, Marmozets, Neck Deep and The Wonder Years which is quite good :D

A Wilhelm Scream are a top live band, and by the looks of what you listen to you'd like them. Touche Amore, The Front Bottoms and The Skints are all great bands aswell. Definitely ones not to miss.

Also Basement, easily the best band on the Lock Up. Have yet to see them live though, main reason I'm going to Reading really.

The singer may be hindered by his stage fright but his voice is so powerful live it more than makes up for it.

I didn't realise he had stage fright (Although Is he following the right profession if he does? :P) Yet i've seen them a few times and each time they came across as pretty boring. If I end up at Download I'll probably give them another chance.

Not sure of the size of some of the bands on the lock-up.

Are we likely to have some more bands who will be playing 3rd or 4th on the bill? as far as I can see, only letlive. and possibly ETID are big enough to play those slots.

Last year we had the likes of The Bronx, King Prawn and Quicksand.

Well considering that ETID played 3rd in 2012 and the success that letlive. have had with The Blackest Beautiful I think they're big enough

Turns out I was wrong then :P never mind

So the top three (we think) are

Jimmy Eat World

Brody Dale

The Skints

Of Mice & Men

Architects

Issues

Gogol Bordello

Mongol Horde

Every Time I Die

Are Issues big enough to play Third? Although to be fair the perfect band for third down Under Architects is Letlive and it can't be them.