Not sold out, why?

SERRIDGER

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think IOW line up is far better than V but then I'm of a 'certain age' who likes The Selecter and The Specials.

Divide both ticket prices by the number of days music and then take into account IOW offers bands and bars on the Thursday and entertainment until 4am and I'd say IOW wins hands down. Glastonbury beats the lot of course but to put another spin on it, which festivals offer less value for money than V?

Personally I think IOW line up is far better than V but then I'm of a 'certain age' who likes The Selecter and The Specials.

Divide both ticket prices by the number of days music and then take into account IOW offers bands and bars on the Thursday and entertainment until 4am and I'd say IOW wins hands down. Glastonbury beats the lot of course but to put another spin on it, which festivals offer less value for money than V?

Well that's an easy one ain't it, none. You can never get past the 2 day thing for the price you pay, and then to pay £4.50 a pint and £7 for a small fish and 10 chips, I don't know any other festival like it

I've paid that much, travel included, to go to Rock Werchter in Belgium, you should try looking further afield

Rock Werchter has a good line up for you but not for me. There aren't many acts on the while 4 days that I would want to see or enjoy seeing but at V there are. As im still inexperienced in festivals I go to them to see acts that I want to see, not for the drinking experience or to see a band ive never heard of play at 2am in a bar tent. As ive said before, V gives me what I want line up wise more than any festival and I include Glasto in that. Once ive seen the majority of people I want to see I would think more about having a festival experience and getting more bands for my money even if I dont want to see them.

I included The Specials in the top 3 acts on each day, even though I wouldnt see them. Quantity doesnt always beat Quality. Of course glasto beats anything because its the size of a small town :P

Well that's an easy one ain't it, none. You can never get past the 2 day thing for the price you pay, and then to pay £4.50 a pint and £7 for a small fish and 10 chips, I don't know any other festival like it

You need to look around abit for fish and chips then, I never payed that much last year. Plus I didnt drink pints so I wouldnt know the price of them

Yep, and i bet you could make a line up better than V's mainstage with the acts named already.

RHCP

Calvin Harris

KOL

Biffy Clyro

Are both better than the top 2 that V will put on for inatance.

You need to wake up and get out of V's arse a little bit, I've watched the price of everything go up at that fest over the years and if you found anywhere that sold you a "meal" for owt less than £7 I want to know where it was and what it was. Even the jacket spuds saw an increase over the years, used to be £4 with 2 fillings, now there about £6-7. I understand once your in there you accept you have to pay the price for stuff but you have to realise that you are being ripped off, on all fronts. And before anyone says about the price of a food can pitch there, I know how much they cost and the food vendors are absolutely taking it in, let me tell you

Jumbo sausage or two normal sausages and chips for £4.50 just right of the second stage, next to somewhere that did pizza at Hylands. I classed that as a meal as it filled me up. Same meal for £5.00 in the campsite near the top exit where you go through the trees to get to an enterence near the Arena stage.

I know V charges alot, but I dont really mind. Some vendors there give you next to no food for a high price ie the breakfast in a bun with a hard bun, cold sausage and overcooked egg. I didnt eat that but I bought 2 of them for the two people I was with

Yep, and i bet you could make a line up better than V's mainstage with the acts named already.

RHCP

Calvin Harris

KOL

Biffy Clyro

Calvin Harris headlining at V, that wouldnt be down well here :P and KOL again that wouldnt go down well either :P

Can you make a better 2 day main stage line up from IOW's line up than what V will put out. We dont know who will be on the main stage, but I cant see John Newman and Nina Nesbitt on there at V, but we will see

Jumbo sausage or two normal sausages and chips for £4.50 just right of the second stage, next to somewhere that did pizza at Hylands. I classed that as a meal as it filled me up. Same meal for £5.00 in the campsite near the top exit where you go through the trees to get to an enterence near the Arena stage.

I know V charges alot, but I dont really mind. Some vendors there give you next to no food for a high price ie the breakfast in a bun with a hard bun, cold sausage and overcooked egg. I didnt eat that but I bought 2 of them for the two people I was with

Calvin Harris headlining at V, that wouldnt be down well here :P and KOL again that wouldnt go down well either :P

Can you make a better 2 day main stage line up from IOW's line up than what V will put out. We dont know who will be on the main stage, but I cant see John Newman and Nina Nesbitt on there at V, but we will see

be down well here....... Dont worry i get what u mean

Apart from the top 3 acts each day (2 on sunday) I dont think there is anyone worth paying more than 15 pound for

Not quite sure why you would choose Fall Out Buy to exclude from this, they're about to embark on a UK arena tour? Plus playing third at Reading last year and subbing Download this year? Of all IoW's bookings, surely that has to be one of the strongest...stronger than bloody Rudimental and the 1975 playing third..

Not quite sure why you would choose Fall Out Buy to exclude from this, they're about to embark on a UK arena tour? Plus playing third at Reading last year and subbing Download this year? Of all IoW's bookings, surely that has to be one of the strongest...stronger than bloody Rudimental and the 1975 playing third..

Sorry my mistake got the days mixed up, thought RHCP would just close the festival, I meant 3 on friday and sunday and 2 on saturday. Shows I should look at the line up and not write from memory :P

Sorry my mistake got the days mixed up, thought RHCP would just close the festival, I meant 3 on friday and sunday and 2 on saturday. Shows I should look at the line up and not write from memory :P

Ah, fair enough :). I wouldn't say Rudimental 3rd is any stronger than the 1975 though, really. But then, Reading have Jake Bugg and Macklemore subbing and Imagine Dragons third, so my perception of the weakness of festival lineups has been altered slightly. I mean, the 1975 subbing the second stage at Reading now looks like a strong booking, which is weird.

Ah, fair enough :). I wouldn't say Rudimental 3rd is any stronger than the 1975 though, really. But then, Reading have Jake Bugg and Macklemore subbing and Imagine Dragons third, so my perception of the weakness of festival lineups has been altered slightly. I mean, the 1975 subbing the second stage at Reading now looks like a strong booking, which is weird.

Just from last years V crowd I would say Rudimental deserve a bigger slot than The 1975, but both are popular. Jake Bugg is too high IMO, if V had him I couldnt see him paying that high on this years line up, maybe third in between Bastille/Rudimental and Example/Ed/Lily/whoever V choose as sub

Rock Werchter has a good line up for you but not for me. There aren't many acts on the while 4 days that I would want to see or enjoy seeing but at V there are. As im still inexperienced in festivals I go to them to see acts that I want to see, not for the drinking experience or to see a band ive never heard of play at 2am in a bar tent. As ive said before, V gives me what I want line up wise more than any festival and I include Glasto in that. Once ive seen the majority of people I want to see I would think more about having a festival experience and getting more bands for my money even if I dont want to see them.

I didn't necessarily mean Werchter, just any overseas festival in general. Something like Pinkpop might be right up your street as it has a lot of big acts that could do V, Arctics, Editors, John Mayer, Kooks, Ed Sheeran, Jake Bugg, Paolo Nutini, Bastille, Haim, Rudimental, Kodaline, John Newman, Bombay Bicycle Club, Twenty One Pilots, Clean Bandit. Oh and the Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire and Metallica chucked in for good measure :P

I didn't necessarily mean Werchter, just any overseas festival in general. Something like Pinkpop might be right up your street as it has a lot of big acts that could do V, Arctics, Editors, John Mayer, Kooks, Ed Sheeran, Jake Bugg, Paolo Nutini, Bastille, Haim, Rudimental, Kodaline, John Newman, Bombay Bicycle Club, Twenty One Pilots, Clean Bandit. Oh and the Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire and Metallica chucked in for good measure :P

Bold are acts I would see, and Kodaline are only on my to see mist because my gf would want to see them. Admittedly I arent a fan of this years headliners at V, but C&S DJ set and Ingrosso & Axwell should be fun. T and Oxegen a few years ago are the closest to line ups which suit my tastes most so I dont mind paying more for V.

On a side note, im a little surprised Stones arent doing somewhere in the UK this year

RHCP

Calvin Harris

KOL

Biffy Clyro

Very very subjective. I'd think twice about standing through 90 minutes of any of them with a gun to my head, never mind voluntarily paying to do so.

Stones gigs in this country announced shortly Daniel, though probably not in the next V announcement

:sarcastic:

Stones gigs in this country announced shortly Daniel, though probably not in the next V announcement

Hydro and 02 or olympic stadium or maybe wembley? Are they touring or just doing one off shows. What I was meaning was im surprised that they havent been announced for any festival

is that even english?

Presumabely

Very very subjective. I'd think twice about standing through 90 minutes of any of them with a gun to my head, never mind voluntarily paying to do so.

Yeah seems like too many repeat bookings even for V

Sounds good to me. Means more room at Biffy Clyro gigs for people who aren't happy to proclaim they've seen Natasha Bedingfield live.