GODIVA 2014

Guest luckysalt

Cheers, guys, will check it out. Coventry isn't too far from us, but a tad too far to commute daily, I suspect ....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was a smashing festival, Echo & the Bunnymen ripped the Friday then Reverend & the Makers and Maximo rocked the Saturday..

Strongly recommend it..

Saw the Mondays in late 2012 , thought they were gonna be shit.. Turned up SOBER!!! And played a belter, more of the same please..

(Surely can't last though right?)

Full line up is now announced

Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip are actually main stage on Saturday

Kids in Glass Houses are headlining second stage on Friday, Baby Godzilla are sub.

Lightning Seeds are headlining main stage on Sunday.

EDIT

Heres the full line up and times

http://www.godivafestival.com/line-up/

Edited by luckysalt

That line up is quality, unbelievable its free. hats off. Saturday is cracking. Can't believe I am going to have to go for the 3 days, normally only do that Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah shame it looks like the weather is changing. But it was so nice last year, we can't moan. You never know, might still be nice. I am really looking forward to it..

Cant make tonight now, gutted. But well looking forward to tomorrow.

Set a couple of playlists up on me i-pod based on recent DLS v SP and W.A.S setlists...gonna be pretty awesome!

Yeah...latest ones I could find were a variation on 'Dinosaurs/Dumb Luck/Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt/Chick Lit/Sprinkles/Lousy Reputation/I Don't Bite/Rules Don't Stop/Make It Easy/Slow Down/The Great Escape/After Hours/Its A Hit/Nice Guys'.

Bang happy with that!

Just back, seems to get bigger and bigger with acoustic tents dotted around and by the fairground. Dan le Sac/Scroobius Pip were great thoughtful bouncealong. Watched a few acts in the other stages before the Mondays, who were surprisingly professional, and the crowd reacted to every Bez encouragement. Too many piss-cups flying for my liking though.

How on form were the Mondays! Bloody brilliant performance. Was well chuffed with it.

WAS were alright, but didn't seem that fussed about it, seen them better, but they wasn't awful either.

Really enjoyed everyone who played to be honest, only stayed on main stage this year, but got there about 1pm so saw most of the acts, fucking Johnny Doom does my head in tho.

How on form were the Mondays! Bloody brilliant performance. Was well chuffed with it.

WAS were alright, but didn't seem that fussed about it, seen them better, but they wasn't awful either.

Really enjoyed everyone who played to be honest, only stayed on main stage this year, but got there about 1pm so saw most of the acts, fucking Johnny Doom does my head in tho.

Just saying to this a pal, The Mondays were up for it, last time I saw Ryder he was a disgrace and people were walking out, but Sat night, fair play, really enjoyable, apparently sober now too!!

Only went Saturday this year, had a bloody brilliant day though, agree on WAS, disappointed me a bit, DLS V SP defo had the crowd going, I was chilling back though, so not in the mix. But yeah fair play Cov City Council putting it on, becoming a summer fixture of mine now - thought the vibe was great again, and the weather was ace!

Anyone go yesterday?

I was there yesterday (Sunday). We wished we had gone for more of the weekend - what a great set up for a free festival - you'd be looking at £80-100 for that weekend almost anywhere, if not more.

The weather held for most of the day. It rained lightly for about the first 20 mins of The Llghtening Seeds, after being baking hot all day. Then there was a magic moment when the sun came back out in the middle of Life Of Reilly. They played a great set. I always forget how good they are. I loved it!

I took my 10 year old son to his first "BIG" festival... we really enjoyed it. Can't believe it had such a good line up, was so well organised, an excellent vibe - all for FREE! Happy Mondays were on great form - and we really enjoyed DLS V SP. Well done Cov Council. Will definitely return next year.