OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

I thought Imagine Dragons were on the main stage?

A banda norte-americana Imagine Dragons, que se estreou este ano em Portugal, com um concerto esgotado no Coliseu dos Recreios, é o primeiro nome anunciado para subir ao Palco Heineken. O quarteto oriundo de Las Vegas, Nevada, irá atuar no primeiro dia do festival, 10 de julho, no mesmo dia dos já anunciados Arctic Monkeys e Lumineers.

Playing the 'Palco Heineken' - the second stage :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A banda norte-americana Imagine Dragons, que se estreou este ano em Portugal, com um concerto esgotado no Coliseu dos Recreios, é o primeiro nome anunciado para subir ao Palco Heineken. O quarteto oriundo de Las Vegas, Nevada, irá atuar no primeiro dia do festival, 10 de julho, no mesmo dia dos já anunciados Arctic Monkeys e Lumineers.

Playing the 'Palco Heineken' - the second stage :)

Thanks for pointing that out, must have missed it. It is the Lumineers playing the main stage instead I think.

Yeah, Lumineers, Interpol and Arctics so far for main.

Don't mind that, Arctic's and Interpol will do for me, whilst the Lumineers will appease my girlfriend. Really looking forward to this festival. By the way, if you are still looking to contact Optimus Alive, message them over facebook, they've just replied to me again on there mate.

Do you think Optimus are going to keep announcing one band at a time? Was ok at first but its getting a little annoying now. Happy with Temples being announced, im seeing them tomorrow! Chances of Biffy playing again? Heard they were well received last year,

Im hoping for Courteeners, Chvrches, Miles kane, Bombay Bicycle club, Example and Gaslight anthem!

Been away for a few days come back and this thread is getting going!

The most important thing I saw over the last page or 2 was do they sell cider? And they definitely do it's all my other half drinks, strongbow if I recall.

Temples are a great announcement I think, seeing them in a couple of weeks myslf.

Strongy B? Steaminggg... Haha. Can you drink on the beach?

Also... surely they'll do a BIG announcement? Like 10bands? Because there's a lot still to be announced.

This thread is nearly kicking off!

Anyone think BBC have a chance? Theyre at Attitude in July and have a new album out.

Do you think Optimus are going to keep announcing one band at a time? Was ok at first but its getting a little annoying now. Happy with Temples being announced, im seeing them tomorrow! Chances of Biffy playing again? Heard they were well received last year,

Im hoping for Courteeners, Chvrches, Miles kane, Bombay Bicycle club, Example and Gaslight anthem!

Been away for a few days come back and this thread is getting going!

The most important thing I saw over the last page or 2 was do they sell cider? And they definitely do it's all my other half drinks, strongbow if I recall.

Temples are a great announcement I think, seeing them in a couple of weeks myslf.

Strongy B? Steaminggg... Haha. Can you drink on the beach?

Also... surely they'll do a BIG announcement? Like 10bands? Because there's a lot still to be announced.

This thread is nearly kicking off!

Anyone think BBC have a chance? Theyre at Attitude in July and have a new album out.

Unfortunately it's one act a day from now on in! (or it was last year..) might have a couple of bands announced with the last headliner but it's mainly one every few days (sometimes do a week of announcements, sometimes have a week or two without one)

Doubtful about Biffy again, don't seem to do repeats (would've loved Disclosure back!)

Miles Kane and BBC could definitely do it, Miles has played before (2010 if I remember right) so if he's active (as per) i'd say likely for Optimus or Superbock.

And I think they sell cider... didn't see any myself last year but noted a few people mentioned it in reviews, and I've never been stopped when drinking on the beaches.

I really want crystal fighters back from last years acts, not what there movements are like but unlikely I guess. As most have said BBC would be a great addition, saw Miles Kane play the tent in 2011 was a great set.

You can drink on the beaches I'm sure, there's a few beaches but the one I went to I took a bag full of booze with me and there was also a cabin hut type bar at the back of the beCh near the entrance selling beers and cocktails etc. Met quite a few people on the beach including some crazy Australians who had a ton of booze with them ice tea and vodkas! Aslong as your not leaving empties all over the place in sure it's cool.

There was defo cider in 2011 whether there will be this year who knows there was also desperadoes on draught in 2011!

I'm a fan of the few bands a week announcements personally.

I don't know anything about how these Portuguese festivals work. Do festivals in Portugal not share acts?

FrAnz Ferdinand, Jake Bugg and Bombay Bicycle Club were all awesome too.

I think that none of the festivals share acts, hence ruling out anyone already announced, which unfortunately rules out Franz Ferdinand as they're playing another festival in August, and Jake Bugg as he's playing Superbock. Better looking at BBK Bilbao for acts as they tend to share a lot!

Would like Coldplay, however I think Optimus are quite like Bestival and don't tend to do repeats (don't think they've done one yet) and Coldplay played in 2011.

So at the minute we've got:

Thursday:

Main - Arctic Monkeys, Interpol, Lumineers

Second - Imagine Dragons, Elbow, Chromeo, Temples, 1975.

Friday:

Main - Black Keys, MGMT, Buraka Som Sistema

Second - Au Reviour Simone, Caribou, Policia.

Saturday:

Main - Bastille.

Second - Daughter, Paus, Chet Faker, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Cass McCombs.

Meaning we're left to announce...

Thursday:

Main - 2 acts

Second - 4 acts

Friday:

Main - 2 acts

Second - 6 acts

Saturday:

Main - 4 acts

Second - 4 acts.

+ Clubbing stage (24/26 acts across 3 days)

Edited by Dom Wall