OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another potential headliner... Muse.

Guys did a bit of research...

Been research festivals with a headliner still to be announced. Chills are a at IOW yes?

I think they'll go

IOW>>HURRICANE/SOUTHSIDE>>ROCK-A-FIELD>>HOVE FESTIVAL>>OPTIMUS ALIVE.

one last question folks. and yes it is regarding alcohol again haha. i read somewhere at the start of the forum that optimus sells cider, is this correct? being a massive cider drinker and having this luxury taken away from me at beni this would be huge! is it 4 euros a pint or half like beni?? much thanks

First of all, not sure about cider but having googled, a couple of reviews have said cider is available (although I can't confirm).. Chills seem most likely at the minute, but where are Muse announced for!? They'd be my most liked (out of possible bands) at the minute!

You might be better off tweeting them (if you have twitter) they respond all day on there

Ill go with...

Courteeners We are scientists Foals Major Lazer RHCP lilly Allen Skrillex.

If half of them get announced. I'll be happy.

Yeah, i've tweeted them before but emailed them this last query, looking like a bad idea!

Foals are at Superbock (festival weekend after in Lisbon) so won't be there me thinks! (also means we can rule out - Disclosure, Massive Attack, Albert Hammond, Metronomy, Tame Impala, Jake Bugg)

I'm thinking; London Grammar, Calvin Harris, Lily Allen, Kasabian, Temples, Sam Smith, John Newman.

EDIT: Can also rule out Skrillex, Prodigy, Portishead, James Arthur and James as they're at Mares Vivas.

Edited by Dom Wall

Ill go with...

Courteeners We are scientists Foals Major Lazer RHCP lilly Allen Skrillex.

If half of them get announced. I'll be happy.

Yeah, i've tweeted them before but emailed them this last query, looking like a bad idea!

Foals are at Superbock (festival weekend after in Lisbon) so won't be there me thinks! (also means we can rule out - Disclosure, Massive Attack, Albert Hammond, Metronomy, Tame Impala, Jake Bugg)

I'm thinking; London Grammar, Calvin Harris, Lily Allen, Kasabian, Temples, Sam Smith, John Newman.

EDIT: Can also rule out Skrillex, Prodigy, Portishead, James Arthur and James as they're at Mares Vivas.

I can see Placebo being there, and wouldn't be surprised to see RHCP as the last headliner. Lily Allen and Kasabian will more than likely play Superbock if they're sharing as many acts with Beni as they usually do, but I wouldn't rule them out.

I'll be disappointed if Kasabian headline.

I personally can't see it, but i'm basing that on other European fests (apart from Beni, always works strange there) where they don't headline, and they didn't headline last time at Optimus either..

I can see Placebo being there, and wouldn't be surprised to see RHCP as the last headliner. Lily Allen and Kasabian will more than likely play Superbock if they're sharing as many acts with Beni as they usually do, but I wouldn't rule them out.

I see where you're coming from to be honest, think they shared all three headliners with Beni last year... however can see Kasabian doing Optimus for some reason instead.

Anyway, seems I was right with Temples, playing second stage on the first day - which is about half full; Temples, 1975, Chromeo, Elbow and Imagine Dragons on there so far, had 9 acts last year.

EDIT: Sam Smith and Parquet Courts announced for Werchter, more likely for Optimus i'd say now!

Edited by Dom Wall

I personally can't see it, but i'm basing that on other European fests (apart from Beni, always works strange there) where they don't headline, and they didn't headline last time at Optimus either..

I see where you're coming from to be honest, think they shared all three headliners with Beni last year... however can see Kasabian doing Optimus for some reason instead.

Anyway, seems I was right with Temples, playing second stage on the first day - which is about half full; Temples, 1975, Chromeo, Elbow and Imagine Dragons on there so far, had 9 acts last year.

EDIT: Sam Smith and Parquet Courts announced for Werchter, more likely for Optimus i'd say now!

I thought Imagine Dragons were on the main stage?