OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't Metallica announced all their summer dates?

So... the headliners in the mix are:

RHCP
Kasabian?
Blur
Muse
Rolling Stones? (Rumoured to be playing somewhere)

Who else is about? Rumoured to be about?

RHCP front runners i'd say, Kasabian might if they can't find anyone/someone dropped out (i'd say still subheadliner size), doubtful about Blur due to Albarn's solo gigs, Muse could if they decide to play a few gigs (doubt Optimus would get them without them doing a few other gigs - don't seem to do exclusives). Rolling Stones might be about...Rock in Roma tweeted a youtube link to a 'Stones tune, and RIR happens throughout the summer, and have a few dates free around Optimus time.

Not sure who else is about that either: hasn't announced all their dates for the summer, or did Optimus recently.

Edited by Dom Wall

Admittedly it's been a few years since i went, 2011 I think. Think there was a 2 page topic on it back then! :sarcastic:

I'll try answer a few questions anyway..

Cider - They sold Somersby on draught when i went, actually a nice drop, very sweet though.

They also had Sangria on draught and the lager then was super bock but i believe it's changed to Heineken now?

it was also 3Euro's a pint (either of the 3 above) in the festival itself, ridiculous for a festival.

Regards to the Campsite. Yeah you can take booze in, you could do whatever you wanted really. it's more of a european campsite than a festival campsite. When i went there were plenty of campavans there not even for the festival. There's a restaurant that serves basic grub there and the pool has it's own bar so you can get nice cold super bock while at the pool (great selling point compared to british festivals).

There's also a shop on site that sells basic stuff (easy food and alcohol). You could get a big bottle of super bock here for pretty cheap. Can't remember the exact prices, around 2 euros or so (this is a big bottle). Otherwise there's a big shopping centre a 15 minute walk away which has a super market. We got a crate from here and a cool box. Sorted it right out.

There's also a camping store about a 5 minute walk away (or less) so if you're flying we saw people go get there tent once they arrived.

Campsite itself was pretty solid, communal bbq's which is a plus, nice pool, loads of space and loads of shade.

Like i said, this was 3 years ago so things may have changed although i doubt it has much.

I'm tempted again this year.

I still cant see past it being RHCP lots of good names mentioned mind, wonder how much longer until they reveal the last headliner.

Seeing Disclosure & Bombay bc this week hoping for both to be there he latter more likely id imagine as disclosure played last year.

Been listening to new blood red shoes album today its excellent i quite like there older stuff aswell wouldnt mind them getting a slot in the tent.

Admittedly it's been a few years since i went, 2011 I think. Think there was a 2 page topic on it back then! :sarcastic:

I'll try answer a few questions anyway..

Cider - They sold Somersby on draught when i went, actually a nice drop, very sweet though.

They also had Sangria on draught and the lager then was super bock but i believe it's changed to Heineken now?

it was also 3Euro's a pint (either of the 3 above) in the festival itself, ridiculous for a festival.

Regards to the Campsite. Yeah you can take booze in, you could do whatever you wanted really. it's more of a european campsite than a festival campsite. When i went there were plenty of campavans there not even for the festival. There's a restaurant that serves basic grub there and the pool has it's own bar so you can get nice cold super bock while at the pool (great selling point compared to british festivals).

There's also a shop on site that sells basic stuff (easy food and alcohol). You could get a big bottle of super bock here for pretty cheap. Can't remember the exact prices, around 2 euros or so (this is a big bottle). Otherwise there's a big shopping centre a 15 minute walk away which has a super market. We got a crate from here and a cool box. Sorted it right out.

There's also a camping store about a 5 minute walk away (or less) so if you're flying we saw people go get there tent once they arrived.

Campsite itself was pretty solid, communal bbq's which is a plus, nice pool, loads of space and loads of shade.

Like i said, this was 3 years ago so things may have changed although i doubt it has much.

I'm tempted again this year.

Can't say about the campsite, but in the festival they now do Martini and the lager has changed to Heineken, still similar sort of price - this was last year.

The martini stall I went to that, I had no idea what I was asking for mind ended up with some red stuff was vile.

There was a KFC stall in 2012 hoping that's about this year ate about 20 hot wings one day.

Just seen above about the possibility of Optimus struggling for the last headliner, think it could be well be the case I mean I do think it will be RHCP but why not announce?! On the flipside maybe its a band not yet announced for any festivals who that would be this I have no idea.

The martini stall I went to that, I had no idea what I was asking for mind ended up with some red stuff was vile.

There was a KFC stall in 2012 hoping that's about this year ate about 20 hot wings one day.

Just seen above about the possibility of Optimus struggling for the last headliner, think it could be well be the case I mean I do think it will be RHCP but why not announce?! On the flipside maybe its a band not yet announced for any festivals who that would be this I have no idea.

KFC was there last year too, probably a retained stall seeing how busy it was!

I don't know wether to be worried or excited for the last headliner, i'm edging towards excited as it seems they're trying to book someone as we speak, as I tweeted them and got a 'have a little patience, not long now' kinda thing back.

I also think it will be RHCP but does seem as though they are struggling with negotiations or what have you without no announcement.

Id love it to be outkast, just had a look at there tour dates so far that are announced, supposedly doing 40 festivals throughout the year aren't they?

They are playing wireless festival the weekend before so could be in with a shot, I couldn't see any other European festivals they had been announced for outside the UK..? And there is plenty of gaps in the schedule to be filled, I would imagine they will be announced fur several European festivals very soon..

Someone feel free to double check I couldn't even get there tour dates up on outkast website,awful site, and had to use song kick website not always to good.

Gap from Wireless (6th July) to A festival in Toronto (3rd August)

And 23 dates yet to release... I assume they'll announce some more American fest dates as well as a huge amount of EU dates.

I cant see them coming over... doing wireless and going back to America though without doing more EU dates...

In July they could do... north side, rock a field, Roskilde, bbk, optimus alive, pinkpop

They could do Sziget and Oya after their Canadian dates. Plus when's pukklepop?