OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it in 2012, one of the friendliest festivals I've been to, but the line up for me last year just didn't cut it so I gave it a miss.

Hopefully they'll follow this up with a few more good announcements & I'll be persuaded into returning.

Hi buddy. I was wondering if you could help me out with a few things.

I love going to European festivals and this is potentially the next on my list.

me and my gf just wanna clarify a few things before we take the plunge and book it but accessing info on optimus isn't as easy as I'd of though! lol

firstly, are you allowed to take your alcohol into the campsite? I know it might seem like a silly question but i went to sziget and you couldn't do so there!

secondly, what are the general prices there? ie, alcohol in supermarkets (bottles of spirits) and in the festival (single drinks, pints and vodkas) and food around lisbon?

and thirdly, are there many brits there? I embrace people from all walks of life and love the company of people from different cultures but sometimes, it's nice to speak to someone from back home to get football news etc! hahaha

any info would be greatly appreciated :)

We were there about five years ago. The campsite is the Lisbon municipal campsite, so, yes you can take your own booze. I can't remember much about prices, but cheap in the supermarkets. If you buy alcohol from the campsite, it was a lot cheaper in the bar than in their shop when we were there. And, yes, there were Brits, though not in the numbers that you get in, say, Benicassim, and also a few Aussies.

Hope that helps a bit!

The Drinks in 2012 were Heineken & Strongbow (Or perhaps it was another cider) & also Desperados on Draught!

From memory it was around 3:50 euro a pint.. and you could get half pints aswell, not sure on the spirits prices sorry, think there was a bacardi tent/trailer.

As for prices around the city i can't remember exact prices but it certainly isn't an overly expensive city but on the other hand it's not as cheap as eastern europe for instance.

There was a few brits about not a noticeable amount as above we met quite a few aussies over there a great laugh they were aswell!

Edited by Anderson19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's looking fairly decent so far. I'm intrigued who the last headliner will be though. It can't be Arcade Fire because they're at Rock in Rio, Pixies are at the Porto version of Primavera, Pearl Jam & Neil Young are in the UK that weekend & Metallica have announced all of their dates apparently.

The two that look painfully obvious to me so far are Franz Ferdinand (because they seem to be headlining Bilbao BBK Live & they usually share a similar line up) or Iron Maiden (because they've announced Euro festivals & are free that weekend). I hope I'm wrong though, either of those would be slightly underwhelming for me.

Well it's looking fairly decent so far. I'm intrigued who the last headliner will be though. It can't be Arcade Fire because they're at Rock in Rio, Pixies are at the Porto version of Primavera, Pearl Jam & Neil Young are in the UK that weekend & Metallica have announced all of their dates apparently.

The two that look painfully obvious to me so far are Franz Ferdinand (because they seem to be headlining Bilbao BBK Live & they usually share a similar line up) or Iron Maiden (because they've announced Euro festivals & are free that weekend). I hope I'm wrong though, either of those would be slightly underwhelming for me.

Franz Ferdinand will not playing at Optimus Alive just because have announced yesterday for Vodafone Paredes de Coura festival at ending of August.

It's very curious that BBK and OA have in common The Black Keys as headliners, but OA have Arctic Monkeys and BBK Franz Ferdinand... And both festivals waiting for the last headliner...

Edited by pjfestmusic

Franz Ferdinand will not playing at Optimus Alive just because have announced yesterday for Vodafone Paredes de Coura festival at ending of August.

It's very curious that BBK and OA have in common The Black Keys as headliners, but OA have Arctic Monkeys and BBK Franz Ferdinand... And both festivals waiting for the last headliner...

with also Rock Werchter having one headliner to announce the weekend before..

How big are the Prodigy in Portugal? Big enough to headline?

Yes it´s big in Portugal, but they have been confirmed yesterday for other festival one weekend later (it´s so sutpid we have 2 festivals in the same weekend...Mares Vivas (where Prodigy and Skrillex will play) and the other one is Super Bock Super Rock (we dont have any name confirmed...its the same weekend of Benicassim)....

And Super Bock Super Rock & Benicassim will be sharing one multiple grammy award winner, according to the Benicassim forum …..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question to people who have been before. It says no alcoholic drinks on the campsite On the website. is that true or some type of sick joke!?

If they're still using the Lisbon municipal campsite, there's a bar onsite, as well as a shop that sells alcohol, so, no, that's not right - maybe it's the festival site that they're referring to?

Quick question to people who have been before. It says no alcoholic drinks on the campsite On the website. is that true or some type of sick joke!?

All I know is that you can't take your own alcohol into the festival site. I'm surprised it says that, I've been there a few years ago and there was alcohol everywhere.

Wouldn't worry about it though. When rules are stupid people just don't respect them.