Working At Glastonbury

Guest ToffeePopcorn

There's a great thread on this in the Chat area. Loads of links from glastoworker in it too. I'm exploring working as ab option and found it invaluable. Seems most take applications from early next year but some sites let you register your interest now.

Search for 'Not got a ticket? Why not work it?' Or something similar.

Regulars were contacted back in July to secure there places, I should imagine a lot of us just gave back the deposit refund for next years place. I think the next email going out is Dec/Jan time so maybe you'll here then.

I know its probably not what you are looking for but... Myriad Security are in-charge of some of the vehicle checkpoints on the roads around the site, my bro worked for them last year and will next year and has already been contacted

Does anyone know what company is brought in to do the Front of Stage Pit Management?

If I remember, as long as it wasn't just before then you got it back. There was a cut off I believe, but I can't remember how close it was. I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

some interesting information with regards the recycling crew is at
Although the WBC does not run a Deposit scheme I have been in touch with others who have applied for various volunteer jobs at Glastonbury
its always crucial to get the full facts before you sign up.
in general a Deposit scheme will work like like this.
You will be asked to pay a deposit { this varies depending who you are working for }
There will be a deadline date when the deposit has to be paid.
There will be a deadline date when you can cancel
many will charge a administration charge { can vary but likely to be in the range of £20 to £40 }
if a person applies for everything then this can get expensive very quickly.
have a read at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding/faqs as they have extensive information on this subject.

well if you are worried ask a friend to send a email fiona@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk that way you can get the information with regards the deposits.

Its best that you don't write direct just in case your marked down as a maybe.

I am sure it will all be spelt out once they work out how many new people they require.

You just have to be in the right place at the right time so Good Luck.

if its your first time being a Volunteer you can do something now that may help your application next year.
I have seen a few festival Volunteer recruitment forms and some do ask if you have had previous Volunteer experience and while you may think this relates to festival Volunteer experience it can help your application stand out ' if you have any Volunteer experience '
So if I was starting out I would get ahead of the pack by Volunteering at my local Animal Shelter or local Charity Shop - it cant do any harm and it may be enough to persuade them to pick you rather than someone with no track record.
What you actually do is not so important as demonstrating that you have been willing to do something.
As I am a Organiser who decides who is allowed on my Team I know who I would pick if I had two people one with no track record and the other with some.
Look at it from the side of the person who is sifting though the application forms - with no volunteer experience you just don't stand out.

just been posted on the recycling face ache page.

Dear All

We now have more than enough applicants registered for the Recycling Crew for 2014.

Therefore the registration link will be closed.

Fiona will be in contact in due course if she has a place to offer you, but this wont be until after Christmas, probably February at the earliest.

Many thanks for wanting to join the crew, but unfortunately we dont have enough spaces for everyone.

Fingers crossed that you get your place, and join the merry band of glastonbury wombles :)