Check for change pages

Guest rischbrit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite

2013 sale: sells out in 1 hour 40 minutes, website crashing, had to resort to backdoors, resale however was a piece of piss

2013 sale: sells out in 1 hour 30 minutes, website crashing, some had to use backdoors, resale....

See what I'm getting at? :)

Said it before and will say it again: "those who truly want to go will go".

I've paid for the 10 minute checks. Was 20 euros which is about 17 quid. You may think it is daft of me but at least I get checks every ten minutes cos I've got a feeling the resale will be very very quick and will sell out quicker than one hour so need as much advance notice as possible!!

If this happens I will of course post on here when tickets on sale

hi guys

i have my server running a script less than every minute, it runs on an ubuntu server i have here at work. it scans the html backend of the seetickets site for any changes via an md5 digest code, which is a little difficult as some lines of code are actually unique to the time you check the site.

it works perfectly now. took some tweaking but it's sorted. i am pinged an e-mail and an sms whenever it goes changes. i can't give you the sms service, but i am going to set up a mailing list for people who want to be notified of any change. i don't want anything in return, just buy me a pint if it works :) or also put me on your resale buying list if you can, i can send you my registration and cash if need be.

hopefully this will score us all tickets. it did for me last year!

hi guys

i have my server running a script less than every minute, it runs on an ubuntu server i have here at work. it scans the html backend of the seetickets site for any changes via an md5 digest code, which is a little difficult as some lines of code are actually unique to the time you check the site.

it works perfectly now. took some tweaking but it's sorted. i am pinged an e-mail and an sms whenever it goes changes. i can't give you the sms service, but i am going to set up a mailing list for people who want to be notified of any change. i don't want anything in return, just buy me a pint if it works :) or also put me on your resale buying list if you can, i can send you my registration and cash if need be.

hi guys

These are my settings if that helps :)

Page details Page address Ignore numbers

Report additions Report removals

Lines of context 1

Description Left Blank You can enter a description of the page, to be used in the subject headers of the emails we send you. If empty, we use the page address (URL).

Report HTTP errors (like "page not found)" Is selected

Frequency Check daily (max 20 pages) Check hourly (max 1 page)

Skip lines with these keywords Left Blank

Skip this block, scan rest of the page Is selected

I am also using this in Chrome Extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd And have set in to every minute, your PC needs to be on though to see the change.

Thanks for all that Stone, all ticked and checked, very grateful thanks. But when you say the pc needs to be on what about if my smart phone is always updating me with new emails. I'm guessing it should still work yea?

Edited by StoneCircle

If you're gonna be getting emails I'd have them forwarded to a separate email account and then get notifications on your phone e.g. iphone app that will alert you immediately like a text message. I've just set up something like this for another purpose with PushMeMail iPhone app (100 free notifications per email address) and the forwarding is easy on gmail. Saves you checking email constantly.