Top 10 bands?

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Reading...

Biffy Clyro - One of the best festival sets I've seen. Definitely stepped up in a big way.

System of a Down - Almost killed. Still bruised and destroyed my voice

Skindred - Never fail to entertain and get everyone going

San Cisco - Great summer indie pop, perfect way to wake up on a lazy Sunday

Deftones - THAT BASS.

Nine Inch Nails - Disappointed not to get the full show, but I still loved it

Foals - Fun in the sun

Villagers - Seriously good, even if very few people were there to see it

Bastille (BBC Introducing) - Only three songs but a great feeling among everyone watching

The 1975 - Besting Swim Deep by virtue of having some great singalongs.

Reading, in no particular order:

Biffy - personal weekend highlight. Simon and the lads know how to rock

Editors - been a long term fan but this was the first time I've seen them live so felt pretty special

White Lies - new songs sounding superb, awesome band

SOAD - childhood fav. band - the band seemed to be really enjoying themselves aswell! Great pits aswell!

Green Day - Dookie in full. Beautiful.

The Ruen Brothers - very talented lads who will go far. Had a big crowd aswell!

The Family Rain - small crowd but great singalongs.

NIN - the band sounded perfect. I am a little let down knowing what's gone on though.

Night Engine - they have talent right there

Dry The River - the perfect way to start the weekend - a tight love band who never fail to entertain

Biffy Clyro: Absolutely stole the show, completely untouchable. Don't know why I didn't see this coming, as the same thing happened at Sonisphere a few years ago.

Nine Inch Nails: Amazing performance and production, let down by a weak setlist. Desperately needed an extra twenty minutes to play Closer, Head Like A Hole, The Hand That Feeds and Hurt at the end.

Green Day: Not as good as they were last year at Reading or at their Emirates Stadium gig back in June, still pretty awesome though. Felt a bit rushed, as if they needed another half-hour or so. I was sobering up during the set, so I wasn't quite in the right mood for it.

System Of A Down: Again, needed more time. Disappointed that we didn't get Lost In Hollywood. They were great while they last though, I was just really drunk and jumping around near the front.

Fall Out Boy: Really fun. Crowd seemed really thick down the front, much more so than it was for Deftones in the same slot on Friday. The band sounded much better than last time they played, and the atmosphere was great with everyone seeming to really enjoy the show.

Don Broco: Was skeptical beforehand about them playing as high up as they did, but I felt they really pulled it off. Everyone seemed to be really into it and going crazy, so there was a very high-energy and fun mood throughout.

New Found Glory: Best time I've seen them. Very energetic party atmosphere near the front of the crowd.

Skindred: Perfect festival band, a great booking and excellent performance. Looked like they had a relatively large crowd for the slot they had.

Eminem: I was worried that he would just be rapping over a pre-recorded backing track as he has apparently done in the past, but he had the rocked-up live band this time and they sounded awesome. The bass in particular seemed really heavy (in a good way). Some of the vocals seemed to lack Eminem's trademark attitude and anger, the venomous bite that injects more emotion, but it was still good.

Bring Me The Horizon: Don't actually remember that much for some reason (I don't think I'd even started drinking by that point), but it was great to see Can You Feel My Heart played live. Blessed With A Curse was great too, as always.

Edited by Hart Attack

Biffy Clyro- My new all-time favourite set. Absolutely brilliant as always, with some great inclusions like Folding Stars, Questions and Answers and 57. Loved every single second of it.

System Of A Down- One of my favorite bands growing up, sounded brilliant and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Lovely.

Chase And Status- Just crazy. Proper, proper impressed.

Don Broco- Filled the stage really well and sounded great too. Crowd loved it too.

Hadouken!- Didn't expect too much but what a set, so fun and the pits were awesome.

Bring Me The Horizon- Great with the crowd and pits were brutal.

Green Day- The whole Hey-O things gets on my nerves, but they know how to put on a great show and have the crowd in the palm of their hand. Also, DOOKIE IN FULL.

Eminem- Yes I know he was miming. But it's Eminem and the nostalgia was nice. Stage set looked great and the live band was a good touch.

Skindred- Benji Webb knows how to get a crowd going.

While She Sleeps- Not much of a fan but a great way to kick the day off, great pits and you could tell the band were loving it up there.

Shout out to Waka Flocka, New Found Glory and Feed The Rhino too.

Edited by Andre91

Reading:

Biffy Clyro: Absolutely blew me away, literally had shivers down my spine about how brilliant they were. The setlist, the crowd, the band were all superb.

Green Day: Childhood favourite and they played my favourite album of theirs in its entirety, loved it.

FIDLAR: Great great band, and a mental atmosphere.

Skindred: before the festival I had never really listened to them before, and I basically just got consumed into the crowd. Definitely the most fun all weekend.

And So I Watch You From Afar: my best friend wanted to see them and they were superb, never knew I could be so captivated by an instrumental band, they were insane.

Foals: Great set great band, loved it.

Chase and Status: they were incredible, I think the crowd played a big part in that.

Deap Vally: Awesome raw performance

Darwin Deez: didn't think I'd enjoy it a much as I did but I really liked the new album live

Jake Bugg: caught him a bit late but he was still fantastic, much better than when I saw him in July

Eminem: I was worried that he would just be rapping over a pre-recorded backing track as he has apparently done in the past, but he had the rocked-up live band this time and they sounded awesome. The bass in particular seemed really heavy (in a good way). Some of the vocals seemed to lack Eminem's trademark attitude and anger, the venomous bite that injects more emotion, but it was still good.

The live band were the fakest thing there. They weren't on mix for most of the gig, odd solo and any track that ACTUALLY featured a guitar. The drum kit wasn't miced up even nearly realistically. Again, just for the odd solos. Mics only on toms, snare and kick, no hats or overheads. The fact that all that was pretty much faked annoyed me more than Ems reliance on a second vocal track.

My highlights at Leeds:

Deap Valley - I really have high hopes for these as they were bloody amazing

And so I watched you from afar - love this band and whilst only caught end of set really enjoyed them

White lies - shit crowd but I loved them

Foals - set list didn't flow as well as when I saw them at Glasto but still enjoyed

Green Day - I bet that dude they had singing from crowd was so made up, he looked so excited to be there

Tomahawk - as a massive FNM fan was amazing to be that close to the god that is Mike Patton

San Cisco - discovery of the weekend really like these

Enimen - I don't know about the miming s**t but I really enjoyed the set

Modestep - fantastic crowd at Leeds young kid near me was going nuts lol

Crossfaith - very very thrashy but u know infectious to watch, drummer needs a medal as they were going nuts

Totally broken today but had a great time considering that the rain/mud was doing its best to destroy everything lol

Leeds

1) Fuck Buttons - perfection in a set, there's nothing more I can say about

2) Savages - very tight and loud

3) Disclosure - fantastic atmosphere, great setlist

4) Jagwar Ma - great fun

5) Green Day - disappointed at no Wake Me Up When September Ends, but an otherwise good set

Also liked Foals, Frank Turner, Fidlar, Phoenix and Peace

And they ended 10 minutes early (about 10:50). Was an idiotic omission. Pretty jealous you got it at reading - not really sure why they didn't play it. Did they just forget?

EDIT: It's because they did a The Who cover instead, to pay homage to the Live At Leeds album

Edited by dancelittleliar

And they ended 10 minutes early (about 10:50). Was an idiotic omission. Pretty jealous you got it at reading - not really sure why they didn't play it. Did they just forget?

EDIT: It's because they did a The Who cover instead, to pay homage to the Live At Leeds album