Would they ever consider building 'levels' into the Pyramid Field?

Guest glastoman1

Must admit to finding this the oddest idea I think I have ever read on the forum. Firstly what advantages would it give, unless they graded people by height smallest at the front to tallest at the back of platform, it wouldn't help with viewing and also it would be hugely expensive. Also the issue with tractors and trailer would possibly a problem, but as for cows falling down the slopes, although not a bovine biologist I believe that cattle are capable of standing on slope even though it seems some humans are not ;)

Unless it is turned into a wheelchair only venue, don't take the idea to the Apprentice or Dragons Den as you surely will be fired. :P

*did, and thanks for the carlsberg compliment :)

The advantage would be improved sightlines to the stage, as well as sound, leading to better festival experiences. I'm not talking sudden drops for cows/people to fall off, it would be a gentle slope. If they can stand on a hill i'm sure they can survive a small slope

There would be no improvements in sound by arranging the field as you describe, and sightlines would only be improved for those on the sloped bits by virtue of the increased gradient - for those on the flat sections of ground sight of the stage would be degraded. Added to that any settling on the newly landscaped field could well create slight depressions which would cause those on the flat sections to try to move forward to the edge of the slope. Given the now increased gradient, the potential for slippery ground and the high probability of people wanting to be on the sloped sections, it would be an H&S nightmare.