Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Gah! Just posted a really long post and lost it. Gig was short but sensational. Best versions of those songs I've ever seen. Every song the best ever.

Red Right Hand, Tupelo, Watching Alice (Russy must have come in his pants!), Where The Wild Roses Grow (with Kylie! Incredible! No sign of Russy's pants), Stagger Lee, Higgs Boson Blues, Jubilee Street, We No Who U R, From Her To Eternity (MY GOD), Deanna, Into My Arms, Hiding All Away, Push The Sky Away...

Best gig of my life. Short but so so sweet.

Great gig. Not as good as the Apollo gigs for me. Nice to hear watching Alice. Embarrassing amount of camera phones came out for Kylie. Was a novelty but a poor rendition of the song, much preferred it with blixa. Thought nicks voice was a bit out for from her to eternity and deanna afterwards, probably due to his erection

Why was it such a short gig?

I know what you mean but it was still brilliant. I thought the gig was better than last week, If only because the people were there for the music not just hipsters trying to be as cool as us!

I have decided there should be a 95 minute version of Jubilee Street made available for my funeral (to be played straight after Babe, I'm On Fire (which is clearly being held back for his surprise appearance at my birthday party in a couple of weeks).

Have I mentioned how much I hate fucking trains?! Can't wait to be home for a smoke, a bot of JS then bed before teaching our future tomorrow.

So, what the bezeezus am I supposed to talk about on here now? No effing ticket for next year and all Nick gigs done - do I become a lurker? It's very weird feeling like you're no longer a member of a club you've been in for quite a few years.

Oh my God, Jimmyt, I am so with you man. What the fuck do we do now? Horrifying prospect.

I thought tonight was absolutely incredible. It's annoying it was short and Nick's warning didn't help (I was hoping for longer if anything) but I thought they absolutely killed it. I was further back than at Hammersmith but the smaLl venue made it so intense and awesome and great. I loved every minute. What an absolute legend. He ruins you for eveything else!

Jubilee street is just stupidly good. None of their songs gives me as much pleasure as that one. What other artist is there that writes their best song after fifteen albums?? It's insane really

There are so few artists prepared to experiment far enough to improve. Nick transcends normality which is why he can achieve such artistry despite his years.