thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was. Headlined Tuts I think.

aye Tuts 2012, R1 2013* [obviously fuck you Will], main 2014. It's a good job they have Biffy otherwise I'd be slating them to absolute fuck

that's completely ridiculous, i'm surprised he doesn't refuse on the grounds of having such a boring and repetitive schedule. i can only assume T pay well although I don't know that.

he gets massive crowds at T to be fair, if there's no one on at the same time due to the late license thing I'll probably go watch him anyway because he's supposed to be good fun live

Apologies, I wasn't following festivals when I was 11 :P

Neither was I :P read it on the T forum this last week

Edited by Com Truise

Jason Derulo could happen, he is doing a few minor festivals, could be a good booking, Ed Sheeran is likely, I doubt he'd sub after one album though? Rizzle Kicks are likely, Pixie Lott seems likely, she has a new single out.

Surely Emeli will be saved until next year with a successful sophomore album? James Morrison could happen again surely a new album is due? I'm doubtful that Labrinth will be back this year, is Guetta touring?

Rita Ora could do it again, Tinie could happen, are TDCC at reading? Jessie J is probably unlikely, John Newman is likely, I think Ellie Goulding will be there again, Calvin could be an easy enough repeat booking.

I'm pretty sure The Saturdays wont be here, Chase and Status easily could as could James Blunt, Rudimental are there, Ella Eyre is probably there in an arena or futures spot, London Grammar are ruled out aren't they? Odell maybe, Gaga unlikely, The Vamps will be there I'm pretty sure of it.

Elyar Fox probably in an early arena spot, Dizzee possible 2nd stage headliner, Little Nikki around the same as Elyar.

On top of this Sam Smith, Naughty Boy, Clean Bandit and Macklemore could happen?

It looks like Ed will be subbing Biffy at T at the moment, so I think he can sub V as well.

No idea about TDCC, can see them back at R&L though.

Don't think Calvin will play unless he headlines, I think after being bumped up to headline T and IOW it's likely he won't accept lower at V.

Chase & Status are a possible sub.

I think Dizzee would still sub as well, I know he's headlining Y Not, but that's a pretty big coup for the festival, he subbed Glasto, he'd probably still sub at R&L, so I reckon he'd sub V too, he's not dropped that far in stature.

I think Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are busy V weekend? Not sure on that though.

Calvin is doing somewhere else that weekend im pretty sure, and TDCC are exclusive at latitude.

I dont think Guetta will be doing anywhere this year as he isnt in the creamfields line up but calvin harris is, so maybe guetta is having a year out.

I hope C&S are at V, and I could see Dizzee at V if Lily Allen doesn't sub. Dont know why but ive never got too into her being at V, maybe just because I dont listen to her ever

With V letting people down, he might not be there. 'Good Times' being lyrics from a song of his so maybe thats why they are using his picture. Hope he does turn out to be there though.

Where could people see him playing, Headline Arena?

Theres absolutely none around this summer deserving to play higher on the bill than Nile Rodgers. The Arena tent would overflow by about 10x capacity.

Ed Sheeran is likely, I doubt he'd sub after one album though?

Rita Ora could do it again

New albums for both are expected early summer.

On top of this Sam Smith, Naughty Boy

i'm fine

Macklemore could happen?

playing two festivals in denmark on v weekend. i think jessie j did that last year but then mack has r&l weekend free and he'd go down a treat there so..

Edited by Prat.

I was thinking it was a bit ridiculous buying a JT ticket only to see him at V but if Nile is there the rest of the weekend will just be a blur so i won't remember JT anyway hahaha. oh god i'm going to spend this whole weekend dreading that Monday will be letdown now aren't I :(

I'm gonna be spending the whole of tonight praying I get the job I have an interview for tomorrow otherwise I'm going to be missing out xD

Theres absolutely none around this summer deserving to play higher on the bill than Nile Rodgers. The Arena tent would overflow by about 10x capacity.

All I was thinking was him playing the slot Basement Jaxx played last year. I would have thought he would be best at night, but wouldnt see him headlining main or second tbh. Unless he plays mid day on one of them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN NILE RODGERS BE THERE, ID LITERALLY DIE.

I love that guy so much, if it's him and Timberlake you can buy me a ticket now.

Well if you literally die you might not actually see him... :P

What if the unthinkable happens and Nile rodgers and JT both headline a stage on the same day :O

All I was thinking was him playing the slot Basement Jaxx played last year. I would have thought he would be best at night, but wouldnt see him headlining main or second tbh. Unless he plays mid day on one of them

His back-catologue is about 10x as impressive as Basement Jaxx. He's written and produced several of the most iconic pop songs of the last 40 years for gods sake :P Including the best-selling song of last year (if we erase Mr Thicke from history) :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCnGCBTz2c

What if the unthinkable happens and Nile rodgers and JT both headline a stage on the same day :O

Even V wouldn't be that cruel ;)

Edited by Zac Quinn

His back-catologue is about 10x as impressive as Basement Jaxx. He's written and produced several of the most iconic pop songs of the last 40 years for gods sake :P Including the best-selling song of last year (if we erase Mr Thicke from history) :P

Even V wouldn't be that cruel ;)

Agreed he is huge but I would be disappointed if he headlined, but I think he would be better in the dark. Shame V doesnt have a 3rd outdoor stage