thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a load of crap but someone commented on that NR picture saying his uncle works for the festival and justin and Kanye are headlining... Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Doubt he will be there, he is exclusive at Wireless

Someone on facebook wrote that Rudimental announced at their gig last night that they would "See everyone at V Festival"...had one of the biggest crowds I'd ever seen on 4music last year...how high do you think they could get pushed up?

somewhere on main maybe

I think they'll make the same mistake as they did with plan b and possibly make them sub on main stage

At IOW they are effectively subbing behind co-headliners, so take that as 2nd or 3rd but rither way thats quite high up. Same again at T they are probably going to be high up. I think 4th on main or sub 2nd stage

Slightly optimistic, with "the new vibe" but here goes:

V STAGE

Justin Timberlake

Ed Sheeran

Lily Allen

Rudimental

Editors

Embrace

MTV STAGE

The Prodigy

Vampire Weekend

Bastille

The Lumineers

The Wombats

THE ARENA

Manic Street Preachers

James Blunt

V STAGE

Coldplay

Elbow

Kaiser Chiefs

Paolo Nutini

Paloma Faith

John Newman

MTV STAGE

Tinie Tempah

Example

Ellie Goulding

Frank Turner

THE ARENA

Chic ft. Nile Rodgers

Professor Green

No chance right.

V STAGE

Justin Timberlake

Ed Sheeran

Lily Allen

Rudimental

Editors

Embrace

MTV STAGE

The Prodigy

Vampire Weekend

Bastille

The Lumineers

The Wombats

THE ARENA

Manic Street Preachers

James Blunt

V STAGE

Coldplay

Elbow

Kaiser Chiefs

Paolo Nutini

Paloma Faith

John Newman

MTV STAGE

Tinie Tempah

Example

Ellie Goulding

Frank Turner

THE ARENA

Chic ft. Nile Rodgers

Professor Green

No chance right.

I'd be bloody happy with that to be honest! You'd probably want to swap Bastille with the Kaisers (though personally I wouldn't) and James Blunt is a bit similar to clash with Ed Sheeran too. But in terms of the names yes please V bookers!!! :P

Edited by Zac Quinn

I can't Imagine her to be in rehab for months and months, surely she's probably even out now?

and yes I do get this a lot, that stupid TV show tarnished my good name.

i have no idea but i can't believe i'd have missed it if it was announced she was out

might want a break from playing live after such a tough time anyway, we'll see

and sorry then haha, do you not like G&S? I love it, one of my favourites :(

Dunno, but Pharrell playing T means that their exclusives need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think they were english exclusives, which still rules Kanye out for V, thats how T got Pharrell. However, with V and wirless having same owners there might be a little bit of leeway in the exclusive parts.

I'd be pretty happy with that! I'm a bit sad everyone thinks lily Allen is there.. can't stand the woman

I dont really like her either :P

I'd be bloody happy with that to be honest! You'd probably want to swap Bastille with the Kaisers (though personally I wouldn't) and James Blunt is a bit similar to clash with Ed Sheeran too. But in terms of the names yes please V bookers!!! :P

I think if Paulo Nutini is co headlining T he would be higher, Bastille and Kaisers would be good, and I agree with the James Blunt - Ed clash, but V did clash TDCC with Of Monsters and Men and Emeli Sande with Ellie Goulding, and Ellie with Rita Ora a bit so they arent the best at avoiding clashes

V STAGE

Justin Timberlake

Ed Sheeran

Lily Allen

Rudimental

Editors

Embrace

MTV STAGE

The Prodigy

Vampire Weekend

Bastille

The Lumineers

The Wombats

THE ARENA

Manic Street Preachers

James Blunt

V STAGE

Coldplay

Elbow

Kaiser Chiefs

Paolo Nutini

Paloma Faith

John Newman

MTV STAGE

Tinie Tempah

Example

Ellie Goulding

Frank Turner

THE ARENA

Chic ft. Nile Rodgers

Professor Green

No chance right.

That's not to shabby, perhaps swap Bastille and Lumineers for Editors and Embrace.

Also imagine Shed Seven are a good shout with playing a festival early August, they are always popular with the older crowd.

I like the idea of Embrace, Manics, Editors. Lily Allen, Bastille and Shed Seven all on one day.

Edited by thetime

The Prodigy and Vampire Weekend are too big for the second stage surely? Same with Ellie Goulding being third down it. Rudimental and Paolo seem too low as well

I think The Prodigy would want to headline a stage, and as V may not want them as main headline they might take 2nd stage if they got the same amount of money as they would for main headline. Dont know about Vampire weekend so I wont comment.

Ellie Goulding was 3rd in the Arena last year so I dont think she is too low down tbh. Same for Rudimental, roughly same time slot but a bigger stage might be right, but IOW have them 3rd behind co headliners so maybe they should be 3rd here. Paolo shouldnt be co headlining T in my opinion, but he should at least be 3rd I think. Maybe have Lily Allen and Ed Sheeran as subs and Rudimental and Paolo as 3rd, mix and match depending on headliners and if they want more of a flow from one to the other or a mix up.

I think Bastille should be higher than there though, maybe 4th main