thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I'm gonna be doing V again this year.. Seen jay z twice so I think I'd rather it was justin/lady gaga with chase and status sub headlining. All sounding great so far- I hope you lot know what you're talking about ;)

Nice to have you along, welcome!!

And no of course we don't know what we're talking about, but it's all part of the fun ;)

I'd be happy if Union J, Billy Ocean and Katy B did V, but not fussed about any of the others on that list.

Surely it's time for Labrinth to have a year off from V :P he has been on like 4 V's in a row (2010 with Tinie, 2011, 2012, 2013)

He's like the V equivalent of Biffy at Reading and Calvin at T :P

YMAS told a guy in a pub they're doing one night, the other night isn't confirmed although from the poster it looks like maybe The 1975 or Courteeners. No third sub because they have co-headliners on the Sunday.

Ymas could still play under the co headers, and the co might not even happen, QOTSA headlining outright is looking more likely going by fests atm

The 1975 and Courteeners are not subbing, third down or NME headline max for both

Other subs could be 30stm, Pendulum, even Skrillex (lol)

Nice to have you along, welcome!!

And no of course we don't know what we're talking about, but it's all part of the fun ;)

You forgot to tell Lily that some people on this forum think they know what they're talking about, but they really don't ;)

Yah but even they don't do it every year ;)

I'd be happy if Union J, Billy Ocean and Katy B did V, but not fussed about any of the others on that list.

Surely it's time for Labrinth to have a year off from V :P he has been on like 4 V's in a row (2010 with Tinie, 2011, 2012, 2013)

Well Olly Murs will probably be back for V, so Labrinth might as well :P

You forgot to tell Lily that some people on this forum think they know what they're talking about, but they really don't ;)

Yeah ;) We all just have a laugh and then go to a festival at the end, and usually listen to people say V should go back to its roots and the good ol' days because people are worried about moving with the charts and the time ;)

Also just thought, as Keese said Eminem was a headliner at T and he didnt get announced, do we think Eminem cancelled and Keese is right with that and the JT info, or are we going more towards thinking the info was wrong on Eminem and so could be wrong with JT too?

Nah cause eFestivals say JT's doing it, so it's more likely to be correct than Eminem.

Also just thought, as Keese said Eminem was a headliner at T and he didnt get announced, do we think Eminem cancelled and Keese is right with that and the JT info, or are we going more towards thinking the info was wrong on Eminem and so could be wrong with JT too?

JT's tour dates leave the most ridiculously sudden gap in the world on V weekend, and he's also randomly coming back to Europe for only two shows the midweek after. If he didn't play it'd be odd and then some

Plus I've been suggesting JT to headline V ever since he announced his solo US tour so if he didn't headline now i'd cry ;)

you only need to look at how the demand for his solo tour tickets is ridiculous despite them being probably double what they're worth to know how well he'd work as a ticket-shifter for V. You could get a day ticket for V, and see Justin plus 8-10 other acts, for cheaper than a JT tour ticket. albeit you won't be getting his awesome moving stage thingy at V :P

Edited by Zac Quinn

Nah cause eFestivals say JT's doing it, so it's more likely to be correct than Eminem.

JT's tour dates leave the most ridiculously sudden gap in the world on V weekend, and he's also randomly coming back to Europe for only two shows the midweek after. If he didn't play it'd be odd and then some

Plus I've been suggesting JT to headline V ever since he announced his solo US tour so if he didn't headline now i'd cry ;)

you only need to look at how the demand for his solo tour tickets is ridiculous despite them being probably double what they're worth to know how well he'd work as a ticket-shifter for V. You could get a day ticket for V, and see Justin plus 8-10 other acts, for cheaper than a JT tour ticket. albeit you won't be getting his awesome moving stage thingy at V :P

Fair enough, plus the fact the guys who own Wireless own V now so it must be easy for them to say come back and do another show to JT.

You never know about the moving stage, I heard if coldplay play then they are giving out LED Wristbands ;)

Oh lord please not the Coldplay wristbands and the Beyonce B stage discussion again..

;) Sorry ill be quiet. Apparently Beyonce did have an extra stage addition but I think it was just her band stand and the bit for her to go on and off stage through

Edited by daniel.k

Just checked, 2014 will be his sixth in a row. Played every year since 09, and also 07, so seventh in total, sixth on the bounce, lmao

that's completely ridiculous, i'm surprised he doesn't refuse on the grounds of having such a boring and repetitive schedule. i can only assume T pay well although I don't know that.