Who's decent who could be announced 2moro?

Guest Holmesylad28

Peace, Theme Park, The Hives, Kasabian, Mumford & Sons, The Subways, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Black Keys, The Raconteurs, David Bowie, Arcade Fire, Fleetwood Mac, Daft Punk, The Kooks, Lana Del Ray, Madeon, Jurassic 5, Public Enemy, The Strokes, Florence & The Machine, Empire Of The Sun, Noah & The Whale, Bastille, Lucy Rose, Phoenix, The Tallest Man On Earth, The Heavy, Silversun Pickups, The Cure, New Order, The 1975, White Lies, Dizzy Rascal, Michael Kiwanuka, Chic.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they had to bring someone in on short notice/lower cost, out of that list, those bands would be most likely.

If they were to replace and they wanted someone who could live up to the hype of Beyonce, it would have to be someone like Coldplay, Lady Gaga, Madonna etc maybe even someone like Morrissey

Edited by daniel.k

Didn't Gaga lose several hundred million pounds by cancelling 75% of a worldwide stadium tour which was supposed to run for most of this year, because she got injured? Can't see why the opportunity of playing at V would suddenly heal a broken limb.

But never say never,

Didn't Gaga lose several hundred million pounds by cancelling 75% of a worldwide stadium tour which was supposed to run for most of this year, because she got injured? Can't see why the opportunity of playing at V would suddenly heal a broken limb.

But never say never,

It's highly unlikely that Beyonce has pulled out of V Festival. She was performing three/four months into her pregnancy during her last album/tour.

Mumford & Sons wouldn't necessarily have to headline either, they seem to play during the afternoon at some festivals.

Whats the deal with Leeds/Reading? Are bands playing their not permitted to play other festivals during that time in the UK?

Charlie Simpson is also another good one for the afternoon. His solo stuff is really good!

If she was showing that much because she was pregnant, i would have said she would have announced it by now. Also, the papers would be all over it!

Its not that i would be that upset if she has pulled out. But she is the type of act i wouldn't buy a ticket to her tour but wouldn't mind seeing live. And if they are thinking of pushing up an act to headline or chuck in Rihanna (who isn't even in the same league as Beyonce) then i would rather her not pull out.

And as someone said, she isn't stupid... she is a business women (one of the best), would she really go and get herself pregnant whilst on a massive worldwide tour (mistakes do happen though...)

Lady Gaga would be healed i think in time for V, could be an exclusive

Mumford and sons wouldnt settle for anything less than headlining

R&L acts cant do both festivals

Rihanna wouldnt be announed in the same way Mumford wouldnt

If she was showing that much because she was pregnant, i would have said she would have announced it by now. Also, the papers would be all over it!

Its not that i would be that upset if she has pulled out. But she is the type of act i wouldn't buy a ticket to her tour but wouldn't mind seeing live. And if they are thinking of pushing up an act to headline or chuck in Rihanna (who isn't even in the same league as Beyonce) then i would rather her not pull out.

And as someone said, she isn't stupid... she is a business women (one of the best), would she really go and get herself pregnant whilst on a massive worldwide tour (mistakes do happen though...)

I can't see V organisers plumping for Mumford this year unless they're seriously desperate. They're already headlining two of the big four festivals in the UK this summer, it'd just reek of a lack of creativity.

. Kings of Leon could of pulled out... who knows.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Who do you think could be possibly be announced? (I don't mean replacing Beyonce)

I would love to see M83 there but i don't think they'll be appreciated by the majority. In light, the bands below are also free during 16th/17th August...

Foster The People, Blur, The Joy Formidable, Tom Petty, Charlie Simpson, Passion Pit, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Klaxons, The Maccabees, Bloc Party, Rizzle Kicks, Blondie, The Verve, Jamie T, Mystery Jets, Seasick Steve.

I just hope they don't end up booking anymore pop acts like Girls Aloud, The Saturdays or JLS playing one last time etc!

Out of all them I think i woudlnt mind seeing Seasick Steve and maybe Rizzle Kicks again. Girls Aloud wont be playing, I doubt the Saturdays would and JLS would be touring after V fest anyway so it wouldnt be one last time really.

I do really think there will be an Arena Headliner announced and Beady Eye arent that good IMO so I dont think they should head the 4music stage so Dizzee could take that :)

Look I hate being a twat.. sometimes..

but It just seriously gets on my tits when people make such stupid suggestions for bands to be added to lineups who've already announced their headliners.

I don't know whether it's just me, but I can't physically read the facebook walls of reading or v or any festival for that matter... because you get comments like this that just make me want to jump out of my window.

"Announcement today, Hoping for Muse, Bowie, & Kanye... Gonna be disappointed if not at least ONE of them is announced." Someone LITERALLY put that for the V announcement today...

So if you're someone who does this, (most likely not because you're an efestivals poster, you should know how festivals work), but your multi stadium selling worldwide band who would absolutely headline the festival, is not playing if headliners are already announced. Just shooting you down.

Look I hate being a twat.. sometimes..

but It just seriously gets on my tits when people make such stupid suggestions for bands to be added to lineups who've already announced their headliners.

I don't know whether it's just me, but I can't physically read the facebook walls of reading or v or any festival for that matter... because you get comments like this that just make me want to jump out of my window.

"Announcement today, Hoping for Muse, Bowie, & Kanye... Gonna be disappointed if not at least ONE of them is announced." Someone LITERALLY put that for the V announcement today...

So if you're someone who does this, (most likely not because you're an efestivals poster, you should know how festivals work), but your multi stadium selling worldwide band who would absolutely headline the festival, is not playing if headliners are already announced. Just shooting you down.

Even if Beyonce pulled out, Bowie and Fleetwood Mac wouldnt be right at V. Waste of good money being given to them which could get someone that fits what V more is at the moment. I would rather Muse instead of KoL but it wouldnt happen. Kanye wouldnt do V especially not with the current line up. Some people are so un-educated on what reality is, its a shame they can type sometimes :sarcastic:

And Jake Bugg is at Reading too remember.

Earlier up I saw someone say that Daft Punk would never play V.

They have played before you know, they headlined the arena when their debut album was released much like Lady Gaga on her debut.

I don't imagine they would fill in this year, but I could totally see Daft Punk as headliner next year if Glasto doesn't steal them.

Lady Gaga I could only see filling in for Beyonce as a personnel favour for her, on her request.

Otherwise I totally could see Kasabian headlining now Ive seen it mentioned, with Liam & Co playing the same day, they'd probably see it being a laugh and a piss up and Kasabian are real sore after not getting asked to do Glasto so would do it and put on a good show as an up yours to them. That is IF Beyonce was preggers

I think Gaga would be a good call, Coldplay I think will have already signed something with someone to headline next year. If Daft Punk were to replace Beyonce they would live up to they hype, but I dont think they would so V. I dont see Madonna or Morrissey doing it, and they wouldnt be to my taste at all. I suppose its better for the organizers to know now if she was going to pull out rather than a few weeks before and just bump people up the order and bring someone in early on in the day.

But some of the other acts mentioned could be lower down the line up. People cant think it will be a bad announcement just because of the McFly leak, they could be a small font name so a smaller name with a few bigger names which I think will be the case