More resale

Guest manc1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there are problems with the logistics of the coach tickets but on the day the council and the locals love it. The fact that millions of polluting miles have been clocked up around the country so people can get on the damn things doesnt even matter.

What about selling the tickets and letting people choose their departure point (within reason)... and THEN arranging to have the number of coaches from each destination to transport the number of people who want to travel from that destination?!

How about this? You have X amount of coach tickets for sale from a list of locations but tickets are not location specific. When buying the ticket you choose which location you want to depart from. Once all the tickets are gone a simple calculation shows how many tickets are sold for each location and so now the coach company(s) can determine how many buses they need for each pick up location........No one needs to travel across the country to a different location, as they picked the location nearest to them when buying and the demand from each location determined how many coaches are needed for each location.

If this is about emissions it does seem silly that people would be traveling the length of the country just to travel to Glasto.

I don't mean to piss on your parade but its not about saving it emissions, its about congestion and its part of the license.

The only way I can really think of solving the problem is that if they put coach tickets on sale before they put general on sale in the future. Then once all the coach tickets sell out then they put the rest of them on sale, it might decrease traffic and it might mean people hold off because they know they still stand a chance in the general sale.

That said this still doesn't account for returns etc. I'd say just to keep it as it is though.

I'm not sure if my post has generated this debate or if just seems that way but just to be clear. I have no issue with the ticket sale process, having coaches and personally a bit of travelling about doesn't bother me. I do think people who bought mad tickets in the original resale and were told they couldn't change could have been given the option to change to empty seats before the secret sales and maybe the destination non specific thing could be a good idea.

My question/ confusion is about who actually has to travel.

I totally understand that unofficially there is a good chance you could get away with not actually travelling on your coach. Lead booker could get all tickets, a friend could collect them, you could get the ticket at the festival office after a wait etc. I really doubt that anyone with a valid ticket will actually be refused entry when they get to the site.

I also get that officially the line is everyone must travel as this is a licence condition.

What I don't get is these emails from See (the official ticket seller) saying no it's grand as long as one out of a (possible) 8 people travel it's fine. Surely see must give the official line? Do GF even know see are telling people this?

Edited by storm

Im so glad that this year it looks like radio bloody 1 didnt anounce the re sales on air, coz in previous years they have and it ment that the die hard fans on the forums didnt get so much of a chance and everything crashed again, at least most people have got their tickets now albeit from another part of the country to where they live!! hey ho think of it as a new and exciting experience flying to Glasgow from Plymouth to travel back to Somerset etc.... :pogranichnik:

Im so glad that this year it looks like radio bloody 1 didnt anounce the re sales on air, coz in previous years they have and it ment that the die hard fans on the forums didnt get so much of a chance and everything crashed again, at least most people have got their tickets now albeit from another part of the country to where they live!! hey ho think of it as a new and exciting experience flying to Glasgow from Plymouth to travel back to Somerset etc.... :pogranichnik:

my point as ever is that its basically someone sitting in a chair...really bothering...if the last few tix were on sale on top of the tor on a wet wednesday who would be truely bothered? some people are not glued to the web 24/7

like some of us cant be glued to a computer 24/7,to get on seetickets at a moments notice... so you could say if your job allows you to be online than you have an advantage oversome that is not allowed that at work...my point about the tor is idealised sarcasm, i know thats not going to happen, but it does not make you a harden glasto lover if you click on a mouse a few times