Unticketed people in van fields?

Guest Neville Street

Does it happen? As in someone hides in the campervan loo or boot and then once you are in they just stay around the van, not ever going through the wrist banding process.

It'd be torture for me, but some people just like a weekend camping, etc., just wondered if it happens.

Never heard of it but I guess someone must have done it at some time - don't know that many would notice once you'd gone through the security check. In 2011, security did check out our loo, under the "beds" etc so it would be touch and go as to whether anyone in the camper was allowed on site if they found someone lurking.

Got to say that if I was in a camper close by and noticed that there was someone without a wristband, I might be a bit concerned what that person was up to and might look to them first if there were any shenanigans going on.

Wouldn't risk it myself.

Campervan east you can hear the pyramid soundchecks sort of.. and after dark you can hear feel and see the arcadia field (as was) from the ice cream van top of hill of death..

apart from the wonderful sunsets and the campsite fun, and listening to worthyfm its going to be a bit like seeing a million pounds in a unbreakable case .. you can look but you can't touch... (unless that is you have a freeview box on your camper :banghead: )

Edited by drewsstrat

Campervan east you can hear the pyramid soundchecks sort of.. and after dark you can hear feel and see the arcadia field (as was) from the ice cream van top of hill of death..

apart from the wonderful sunsets and the campsite fun, and listening to worthyfm its going to be a bit like seeing a million pounds in a unbreakable case .. you can look but you can't touch... (unless that is you have a freeview box on your camper :banghead: )

excellent, that is indeed what you can see, hear and feel from the cv east field at the top of the hill of death and I love it. Thanks for bringing those memories back and I'll be back there again in a couple of months.

We were in the that field with the ice cream van last year, basically 4 vans back from the edge of the Hill of Death. Got there 1130 on Tuesday. Haven't got a van ticket this time, but we were given a pretty cursory "search" last time

and there was a buzz in that field the whole time. Wouldn't have suited me, in fact the van was only used by my father in law after the Tuesday, we camped inside, but I think it would have suited some people to just have a camp and a few days on the beer.