Practice run

Guest Istari

Never too early, especially now the tickets have been paid off.

Tent out and put up today to air, clean, re-waterproof, and check over. Good job as one of the corner straps where the pole goes in was off and needed sewing back on, plus there was an 8 inch rip in the side where some one tried to get into our tent drunk in 2011 ( No idea who they were and got warned off by our friends who were in another tent). Sorted with a bit of gaffer tape.

Yesterday the OH and myself figured out what clothes and stuff we are taking and packed. Now taking one less huge rucksack and no carrier bags with buts and pieces in. All our clothes into a single rucksack for the first time.

Too organised?

No. I was thinking today that now we have daylight and a bit of dry weather then we need to start thinking about giving the tent an MOT.

*off to email fellow glastonauts*

This is the first week we had good enough weather to try and get the tent set up but I've been working solidly. Next nice day I have off the tents will be up.

I re-waterproofed my jacket the other day and have started buying a few bits and pieces like toiletries etc.

Nope I was thinking the same thing, was just waiting for a spot of decent weather than I will take it over either my or my aunts and use their garden to give it the once over and remember how to put it up!

Then I can start planning all the extra's i need!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had better check over the tent I got from eBay last year! It wouldn't fit in my newly ( last summer) landscaped garden! But, I did notice 2 small holes in it and missing shock cord from one of the poles. I will have to take it round my sons to check it out properly and give it a good soaking to test it's waterproofness. I got the trolley out of the shed and jet washed last years Latitude mud off it and went through my gear to see what I need to purchase for this year!

Starting to get a tad excited now!

Time to start the vodka flavouring too.

Bought a new big tent for this year having wrecked the two man in 2011 and the previous 'family' size tent getting wrecked in a Cornish 'hurricane' in 2010.

Been in a camper for the last two Glasto's so will have to check all the equipment too. Reckon the loss of our loan camper may make for an expensive fest! :)

We always do a practice run with the tent. A couple of years ago we made a nice tent-outline-shaped patch of dead grass where we had carelessly let the waterproofer run off.... The next time we needed to waterproof the tent we made sure the parents were on holiday. And we'll make sure of the same again this year!

Its amazing how easily you forget about the things you made a mental note of to fix the year before. One of our tent poles snapped in 2011 and we only remembered last year about 3 days before we went camping when we decided to check the tent over! Bought a new tent anyway, so now we have a tent and a Glastonbury tent, but at least we have back up tent poles and pegs!