One to forget ?

Guest ramragon

Just to pass the time until the next announcement I'm sure we've all been to see acts at festivals that we regretted seeing because they were either crap or werent what we thought they'd be or turned up at a stage to watch a performance to realise there were only about 10 people there.

Whats the worst you've seen or the smallest crowd for a performance you've witnessed ? Doesnt have to be specific to Kendal !

From my experience I remember strolling in to a stage tent at Wickerman with my 12 year old daughter on the saturday morning just after the arena opened for the day. Must have been about 20 people standing waiting for the act to start, they strolled on stage, crash of drums and a barrage of napalm death style death metal hit us ! The expression on my daughters face said it all and we quickly left the tent, followed by pretty much the other 20 people

I'm pretty sure the hotpots opinion has been well voiced so try an avoid hotpot based abuse on this thread !

Edited by ramragon

I know it's going to upset a couple of regulars on here, but Wind Up Birds on the Calling Out stage last year were dire.

I can't even describe what my ears were thinking, but after 2 songs enough was enough and I was one of the many who were leaving.

Without doubt for me it was the sex pistols live at loch lomond 2008. Opened ok with Pretty Vacant and the crowd were well up for it but went downhill fast. After about 20mins he started ranting on about the queen and terrorsits ?

We left. Of course they were well past their "best" but it was a total shambles.

I`d say the opposite was this in 2003..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JI7aMtazY&feature=share&list=PLDFB38F223CF42858

Biggest disappointment for me was V2010 watching The Editors on the main stage,I've never seen a crowd go from being so entertained and up for it (The Courteeners) were on before them to so despondant,pretty gutted because at the time was quite a fan,without actually seeing them perform live,and dont think I saw them perform that day.

Another one I'll never forget that I thought would be ok beforehand but were woeful were the fratellis, main support on Glastonbury main stage in 2008, probably the worst booking slot I've seen in my times there. They had just released their 2nd album and apart from the singalong to Henrietta and Chelsea dagger it was a totally forgettable performance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...