Hopes for next announcement

Guest ramragon

And now for something completely different. Remember seeing this on Jools before Christmas and see she is now playing a couple of fests this summer. By coincidence, one that also features Primal Scream. So new album out and doing UK festivals this summer. I thought this was really catchy when I first heard it and no doubt she has the talent and back catalog. Also appears to have the fancy dress outfit already sorted so can anyone see her in the fields ??

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see The Farm and perhaps even the Wailers after watching them last year at Heaton Park, both very good live. Wild Beasts would also be a welcome addition considering they're from Kendal and played there in 2010. More realistically though could definitely see The Palma Violets, The La's and perhaps the 50's rock & roll outfit The Jim Jones Revue play. Hopefully KC have got something special up there sleeve Seasick Steve could be persuaded to play he'd fit the bill perfectly.

Also, does anyone know for sure where British Sea Power will be playing? As they're a much more intense, sing-along inducing prospect in a tent. They didn't quite manage to hit the heights of previous performances when they were on the main stage last time and to me it was all down to their location.

Does anyone know when the next announcement will be? I know it was around Easter time last year.

I know people were disappointed with the initial lineup but I think if there'd been a different headliner to The Charlatans (Courteeners etc) the reaction would have been very different. I've never seen either The Charlatans or Primal Scream so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I think Johnny Marr will be announced and he'll get a good crowd and stuff. There are a few bands touring soon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Frank Turner (wishful thinking maybe), Everything Everything, Jake Bugg. So I think the next announcement has the potential to make the lineup quite strong for a relatively small festival

Been a few weeks since the last announcement now so hopefully the next realease of bands is ready to be rolled out, if the last announcement looked gappy in places I'm sure the next one will fill the gaps in.

According to the facebook page all the band applications are all in so the line up must be taking shape a bit more.

Announcement this Thursday with any luck

Jimmy Cliff would do me (but not in a physical sense...unless he bought me a drink first). Neon Neon is a good shout. Dexys. Plus a few old indie ones like Space and Cast. I'm already happy though! Anything else is a Brucey. In fact I kinda hope the next announcements are crap or it'll end up like last year where there was always something on I wanted to see so didn't get to catch anything unexpected

But anyway...Jimmy Cliff...Johnny Marr...Public Enemy...Teenage Fanclub...Neon Neon...Space...Cast...

Got a sneeky feeling that Frank Turner might sub the Charlies

Saw the courteeners last night in Newcastle, the academy was packed out for the gig which was jumping. They played a very good set but after seeing them it did come accross how manic the fans were at times with pints of beer flying through the air all through the set and crowd surfing all over. Gotta agree with earlier comments that they'd Maybes be a bit laddish for the kendal family friendly outlook.

They were supported by the family rain who were a decent enough rock band comprising of 3 brothers. Bit heavy for my tastes but played a tight set which a lot of the crowd seemed o enjoy

Went to the sage last night and caught Gabrielle Aplin, could imagine her going down great either on the main stage or headlining the kaylied/ wallahs. A lovely voice and great pressence on stage who engaged the crowd all through the set. You could hear a pin drop when she was singing which makes a nice change after the usual academy and cluny gigs I go to where people talk all the way through !

Both support bands were good as well, Hannah Grace did covers of Etta James and Kodaline as well as some of her own stuff, she was obviously good friends with Gabrielle as she joined her on stage for a song, again she'd be perfect for the kaylied / wallahs