Hopes for next announcement

Guest ramragon

Come on then lets get some debate started again, the next announcemet shouldn't be that far away, who do you thinks going to fill the couple of main support slots behind the headliners, also seems a hole. For the usual reggae act to appear at some point on the main stage.

Suggestions on them or just other acts you wanna see.

I think its been pretty much talked about that one of the acts may be Johnny Marr, reckon the Friday night support could be someone like delphic or rizzle kicks, both of which would complement basement jaxx well

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see that but there's no way the courteeners egos or the vaccines popularity are gonna see em 3rd on the card behind the Charlatans. If you look at the poster there's a gap either side of I Am Kloot where the supports slot in, sure there will be a few more decent bands named as well but can't see them being that big.

Still hope I'm wrong tho !

Hopefully a few might make it on then, looking at the Charlatans and Primal Scream as the headliners i'm just not sure that the sub headliners will be that big a name even from the past.

Especially as i am Kloot seem to have taken one of the slots and although very decent they aren't exactly a massive draw.

Gruff Rhys' Neon Neon have a new album out soon, they'd be a fantastic choice to headline the Calling Out stage, they put on an awesome live show. I'd like to think the Kendal team have been in touch with Gruff's people, with him having played the festival in the past with Super Furry Animals.

Edited by Adeemo

Gruff Rhys' Neon Neon have a new album out soon, they'd be a fantastic choice to headline the Calling Out stage, they put on an awesome live show. I'd like to think the Kendal team have been in touch with Gruff's people, with him having played the festival in the past with Super Furry Animals.

We could do with a few more bands for the calling out stage In the next announcement, possibly naming who's headlining in there. Really enjoyed the band's I caught in there last year, little comets, ghostpoet and tribes were excellent. Think if any of them were booked for this year then the little comets could easily make the leap to main stage. Ghostpoet is probably better in a tented venue

I`m still assuming that a few will do Wickerman and Kendal as it`s the same weekend this year. We know Primal Scream are headlining both and don`t rule out The Enemy, Dexys ( I know ), KT Tunstall, Amy McDonald and the brilliant King Charles. Wickerman announcement at midnight ( insert wink ).

Could imagine cast getting a slot, they were pretty good at wickerman last year, couldnt see them as higher than 3rd from top though as for Space, yeah again there's a possibilty but mid to late afternoon at best. Similar to Dodgy last year.

Deacon Blue would be the only one off the list I could imagine sub headlining but I can't see it happening this year. Way too big for a slot further down the card.

Enjoyed the Subways last time I saw them and would be good filler band, can't see We are Scientists making it back so soon after last year though

Jimmy Cliff would do me (but not in a physical sense...unless he bought me a drink first). Neon Neon is a good shout. Dexys. Plus a few old indie ones like Space and Cast. I'm already happy though! Anything else is a Brucey. In fact I kinda hope the next announcements are crap or it'll end up like last year where there was always something on I wanted to see so didn't get to catch anything unexpected

But anyway...Jimmy Cliff...Johnny Marr...Public Enemy...Teenage Fanclub...Neon Neon...Space...Cast...

Got a sneeky feeling that Frank Turner might sub the Charlies

Edited by Flaminglippy

Last year you really just had Scissor Sisters, Texas, Cast, The View and Newton Faulkner plus an up and coming Jake Bugg. The rest was made up of local bands and up and coming.

The festival itself was pretty good, loads of space and fairly relaxed at times. I just felt that another days music would have made them more competative. From this years line up I wouldn't might seeing the enemy or king charles on the Kendal list.

Always found Amy Macdonald and KT Tunstall a bit dreary

I still think some of my previous predictions will be at Kendal. The Beat, The Farm, Happy Mondays, Ocean Colour Scene, Stranglers, Jim Lockley and the Solemn Sun, Cast and I would like to see Frank Turner but not so confident now the headliners have been announced.

Dexys would be a great addition, they'd provide a fair few sing-alongs(one in particular!) and with the fantastic return to form of last years album, they're a bit more relevant than some of the nostalgic-shite currently on the touring circuit.

Also, does anyone know for sure where British Sea Power will be playing? As they're a much more intense, sing-along inducing prospect in a tent. They didn't quite manage to hit the heights of previous performances when they were on the main stage last time and to me it was all down to their location. And talking of Kendal bands, anyone mentioned Wild Beasts yet? They could certainly perform below Primal Scream or The Charlatans, though personally I'd have them above the latter.

Edited by Adeemo

Dexys are at Wickerman and Stockton the same weekend as Kendal so depends if they can fit them in. They would be okay. Must admit that I haven't heard their new stuff. Whether they are better or worse than others depends on your opinion/preference and who you compare them to I suppose. But yes, I would go and see them if they were on.

Would love to see The Farm and perhaps even the Wailers after watching them last year at Heaton Park, both very good live. Wild Beasts would also be a welcome addition considering they're from Kendal and played there in 2010. More realistically though could definitely see The Palma Violets, The La's and perhaps the 50's rock & roll outfit The Jim Jones Revue play. Hopefully KC have got something special up there sleeve Seasick Steve could be persuaded to play he'd fit the bill perfectly.