Who do you think is left to be announced?

Guest DarthSaul

Thinking about this and if Beyonce is going to pull out, FACT V won't be busting their ass getting Gaga to bring a big set up from the states to come play, Muse, Coldplay all these acts not a chance in the world, they book these acts to sell a festival. V is already virtually sold, they won't care if people are pissed Beyonce aren't playing cus next year the fresh announcement of who's playing will wipe all that clear, V probably gets a fuck load of people going for the first time every year.

Yeah, you'll get some moaners, if she pulls out, but T&C says line up subject to change, so those tickets stay sold.

For me if they aren't going to push an act up, I reckon they'll go for Florence ATM.

Simply because, she's based in UK, not touring, not overseas, will be cheap, a reasonable draw, is well liked, shares id say a good majority of Beyonces fanbase, gets lots of media and radio attention, so won't seem like a massive step down.

I'd bet the farm on if they're bringing someone in it'll be her.

Plus V can then say first major fest for her to headline.

Edited by luckysalt

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Florence when she last played, so wouldn't mined that.

After the stuff i posted on the other thread though, not sure she will pull out. Just can't believe one persons photos have caused all of this haha.

So when do people think the next announcement will be? August 15th at this rate. They have normally done or coming up to the second announcement after the initial line-up by now

I thinK Florance could be a good shot but I do think its a big step down, but its better than having bump ups, unless they got Tinie Tempah to headline 4Music and bump Beady Eye up, im sure that would do great things for Liams ego.

I think V might announce the announcement tomorrow (wednesday) and will make the announcement thursday, a week after it was due, or maybe friday morning but I cant see them waiting until next week. They should tell us why they have delayed it so much. If they just come clean and say they are just trying to get someone equally as good to replace Beyonce some people might cut them some slack. Sure that would lead to disappointment when people hear who they have and find they cant get their money back, but thats their fault not ours...unless anyone on here is going to try to sell their ticket

if beyonce does pull out, there is a very limited amount of other options. it seems rihanna is taking time out, gaga is injured, pink is in australia... I cant think of any other headline worthy female artists. unless, as lucky mentioned, they give florence a bump.

if they look for another indie headliner i notice RHCP are playing a few US festivals early august. i know they bombed at reading a few years back, but theres no doubting there headline status and if v threw money there way im sure it could be arranged. didnt coachella book them literally last minute as a last resort because they were stuck for options?

I heard Gaga is apparently back doing shows or at least isnt injured any more, so maybe she could be in with a shout. I dont think V would go with Rihanna as she is at T in the Park, and I dont know about Pink really but she would be a good shout.

I wouldnt think V would go with RHCP as they are similar to KOL but of they are really stuck then maybe

Thinking about this and if Beyonce is going to pull out, FACT V won't be busting their ass getting Gaga to bring a big set up from the states to come play, Muse, Coldplay all these acts not a chance in the world, they book these acts to sell a festival. V is already virtually sold, they won't care if people are pissed Beyonce aren't playing cus next year the fresh announcement of who's playing will wipe all that clear, V probably gets a fuck load of people going for the first time every year.

Yeah, you'll get some moaners, if she pulls out, but T&C says line up subject to change, so those tickets stay sold.

For me if they aren't going to push an act up, I reckon they'll go for Florence ATM.

Simply because, she's based in UK, not touring, not overseas, will be cheap, a reasonable draw, is well liked, shares id say a good majority of Beyonces fanbase, gets lots of media and radio attention, so won't seem like a massive step down.

I'd bet the farm on if they're bringing someone in it'll be her.

Plus V can then say first major fest for her to headline.

I'm thinking Kelly Clarkson could replace Beyonce. I dont recall her playing the UK recently (or maybe I just havent paid attention because I dont care) and I checked her tour dates, shes playing near enough every day August 3rd to 11th then has a break until the 25th where she goes back to playing nearly every day

I'm thinking Kelly Clarkson could replace Beyonce. I dont recall her playing the UK recently (or maybe I just havent paid attention because I dont care) and I checked her tour dates, shes playing near enough every day August 3rd to 11th then has a break until the 25th where she goes back to playing nearly every day

Does the fact they are in America make a difference. Taylor swift is In america touring and she is coming back here to do radio 1 or capital or something.

Is Kelly clarkson big enough though? I know she's great but in relation to Beyonce...