Who do you think is left to be announced?

Guest DarthSaul

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would only Headline the 4music stage or sub the main this year as he is far to big now for any other slot.

Last time he played 2011 he was up against Arctic Monkeys and Chase and Status but still had the biggest crowd Ive seen round at the 4music stage.

Plus he is subbing at Glastonbury (Biggest festival in the world) Why would he drop down to headlining the 3rd stage or subbing the 2nd.

Edited by brfcstar

Ed sheeran was big when he headlined Arena. I think Ed would have been at glasto if it was on last year. He could headline 4music if Calvin Harris didn't, but I personally think he will. Admittedly Calvin against basement jaxx would split crowd but it could happen. Where would Calvin play on main stage? I can't see him subbing basement jaxx or dizzee

Ed sheeran was big when he headlined Arena. I think Ed would have been at glasto if it was on last year. He could headline 4music if Calvin Harris didn't, but I personally think he will. Admittedly Calvin against basement jaxx would split crowd but it could happen. Where would Calvin play on main stage? I can't see him subbing basement jaxx or dizzee

No where near the size of Dizzee,

Based on past years 1st announcement posters I would say that the 4music headliners are

Calvin Harris and Beady Eye

Arena Headliners are Basement Jaxx and either The Vaccines or TDCC

Edited by daniel.k

In what way is Ed not as big as Dizzee? I cant remember what stage in his career Ed was at last year but I think he was more popular than Dizzee at the same time in his career, especially to the chart audience where V is more aimed at.

I think Calvin and Beady Eye are the 4Music headliners, and I hope its The Vaccines and not TDCC headlining the Arena. I would prefer TDCC being on main but I dont know how they would be. Have the ever played an outside stage at a major UK festival? They played inside mainly at R&L yeah

It just gets worse and worse in my opinion :'(

Dizzee was talked about subbing Reading but he isnt, which leaves the (small) possibility of him playing V. I think my personal preference is making me think Ed is bigger, but I do still like Dizzee. If its just down to popularity to determine 'bigness' who could sub which ever festival, One Direction and Justin Bieber would be up there as they are (unfortunately) popular. Ed wouldnt sub glasto this year no, but he is early in his career. Dizzee wouldnt have subbed glasto after one album and a few EP's. Dizzee is really only bigger because he has been round longer. Ed headlining the Arena was popular enough to headline it after one album, and has got more popular since then, so in a few years time he could be a potential sub-head for Glasto.

I think Ed only wasnt talked about subbing Reading because he isnt really main stage at reading material, and he isnt even doing any festivals as he is in America on Taylor Swifts tour

I think he could have done it this year if he was doing festivals, and next year I guess he will still be writing his new album or recording it, so another year out, so potentially in two years when he is doing festivals again then he could. I think Ed is more popular/bigger than Nick Cave, so popularity doesnt always automatically grant higher places/sub places

I only think the Ed/Nick Cave thing because before glasto I hadnt really heard of him