Y Not Festival

Guest Com Truise

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you think you didn't use it in a homophobic way, doesn't mean it is ok to use it.

People interpret words differently, and you posted it on a public forum which is open to interpretation from many others. So even if you think you're in the right, people reading it may take it the wrong way.

And as the offending post has now been removed, I assume the moderators see if the same way as myself and Frankly Mr Shankly.

You should just be more careful on what words you use, as people can take offence to it no matter what way you present it.

To me saying you wouldn't attend somewhere because it'll be full of "fags" is homophobic, perhaps you didn't mean it that way but it could certainly be interpreted as such. I agree with Paul, there's just simply no need to use it in any context, whilst it may just be a word to you, to someone else it's an insult.

Also, what is your age? I'm 21 & it certainly isn't a commonly used word amongst my friends...

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

The amount of people moaning because it wasn't Foals was ridiculous. They're headlining Latitude, and are third at R&L? Do people not realise how big they are now!

The Darkness is a really weird booking though, not sure which hat they've pulled that out of. They definitely disappointed a lot of people with that one.

Personally I love the darkness, the first album is awesome, and after a few beers they are great for a sing-along!

Never been to Y-not or followed it before, when does it sell out?

Really interested in going but having just paid of glasto and download funds are a bit low for the foreseeable future