Sextape

Tempest

Root

7 Words

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe picture a knife fight? they seem to have alot of love for that track looking at interviews they have done. they think "we have to stick together" is a powerful closing lyric. my debut albums gonna end with the line "but really, why are we here?" THAT, my friends, is something to consider while chewing on your werthers

Foals

Prelude

Inhaler

Hummer

Miami

My Number

Providence

Cassius

Blue Blood

Spanish Sahara

By the way this is assuming that they play 4th, if they play third i'd add This Orient, Two Steps Twice and Providence (from Holy Fire)

That prelude would be awesome live!

Edited by DL50

If and it's A BIG IF, Arctic Monkeys are a headliner I'd love to see this setlist:

Don't Sit Down Cos I've Moved Your Chair

Still Take You Home

New Song

Secret Door

Library Pictures

R U Mine?

Brianstorm

New Song

Little Wirral Riddler (w/ Miles Kane)

505 (w/ Miles Kane)

The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala

New Song

View From The Afternoon

Evil Twin

This House Is A Circus

Suck It & See

Pretty Visitors

New Song

Florescent Adolescent

EMINEM

Won't Back Down

Without Me

Kill You

Not Afraid

New Song

Purple Pills/ My Band (w/ D12)

New Song

The Real Slim Shady

Never Enough

Just Lose It

I'm Shady

Guilty Conscience

New Song

Love The Way You Lie

What's The Difference

Criminal

Drug Ballad

Just Don't Give A Fuck

Role Model

W.T.P.

New Song

Sing For The Moment

Lose Yourself

If and it's A BIG IF, Arctic Monkeys are a headliner I'd love to see this setlist:

Still Take You Home

New Song

Secret Door

Library Pictures

R U Mine?

Brianstorm

New Song

505 (w/ Miles Kane)

New Song

View From The Afternoon

Evil Twin

This House Is A Circus

Suck It & See

Pretty Visitors

New Song

Florescent Adolescent

Edited by kev1664

Still Take You Home

New Song

Secret Door

Library Pictures

R U Mine?

Brianstorm

New Song

505 (w/ Miles Kane)

New Song

View From The Afternoon

Evil Twin

This House Is A Circus

Suck It & See

Pretty Visitors

New Song

Florescent Adolescent

Still Take You Home

New Song

Secret Door

Library Pictures

R U Mine?

Brianstorm

New Song

505 (w/ Miles Kane)

New Song

View From The Afternoon

Evil Twin

This House Is A Circus

Suck It & See

Pretty Visitors

New Song

Florescent Adolescent

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Latest Activity

• With more to come down the track 
    • Seems so!   sh*t.   This brings us almost to within a month of gates opening.  Wednesday 15 May - Friday 24 May Low pressure is expected to be dominant across the UK at the start of this period, bringing widely unsettled conditions. Most areas will be affected by showers, which could in a few places be heavy, slow-moving, with thunder and possibly hail, or even longer spells of rain at first   https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/uk#:~:text=Long range forecast,-Tuesday 14 May&text=The weather is expected to,much of the United Kingdom.
    • Now a trainline.com competition?  Definitely way more corporate partnership this year.
    • You are on point again this year I see fella 😀 
    • As resident Drake fan I've got to chime in here! Also a Kendrick fan of course, it's possible to be both. The whole beef is probably one of the few exciting events in mainstream US hip hop in recent years and certainly more of an event than both of their most recent albums... Firstly, Kendrick won the beef, but at what cost? Firstly there's the personal integrity question which is probably taking a big hit. At one point you could have posited him as the moral vanguard of hip hop but he's indulged conspiracy theorism in this (effectively and with a fair slice of humour, but conspiracy nonetheless) barrage of diss tracks, not to mention that he lapped up some deliberate BS fed by Drake's team and put it in a song. Obviously Mr. Morale itself goes some way towards distancing himself from the saintly projection from fans, the media and the world at large, but in the diss tracks he is adopting a 'we the people' voice and airing out the grievances and theories of drake haters worldwide and it must be cathartic for all of them. And he's good at it, but lets not confuse what he's doing here with some of his Pulitzer work.  .  And then of course the accusation that he beat his fiancee up and hired a crisis management team to clear it up is a pretty heavy one and you know, quite a long way away from "Godspeed for women's rights". Thirdly, he didn't really attempt to answer any questions about his own affairs, which is fine for now, he had plenty of mud to sling at Drake, and a world ready to listen, but someone will come for him one day and he won't have the same ammo to respond with and I guess that might be tactical victory, strategic failure. But he can still rely on being able to outrap nearly anyone else. For Drake, obviously it's been a pretty bruising encounter, especially because Kendrick used his own playbook against him in terms of how the beef played out with back to back releases and even a catchy club tune that will get singalongs all summer. But Drake's disses were pretty solid, well constructed and well rapped with lots of points scored and if he couldn't land a decisive blow against Kendrick, he certainly made the other co-ordinated agitators (Future, MetroBoomin, The Weeknd) look pretty silly. Rick Ross is now the old man angry at clouds meme.   It's likely that both achieve extended relevance from this spat based on the streaming numbers. Drake is like Taylor Swift in that he releases music at an astonishing rate. I can't see this really making a significant dent in that cadence but hopefully it might inspire something better than his dull recent output. Kendrick hasn't done numbers like this for a while. It's a bit annoying that like 'Humble', it's his worst tracks that cut through (I'm calling 'Not like us' garbage, sorry.)   There's an element of proof in the pudding for Drake in the fact that this beef is happening at all. In terms of motivation for Kendrick starting this beef, he clearly just wanted to prove he's number 1, responding to Drake & J.Cole's track "First Person Shooter" last year. Why is Kendrick so bothered? Why does he have this visceral hatred of all things Aubrey? Why has he thrown the absolute kitchen sink at him, noting every personal grievance, every rumour and conspiracy and even bringing family into it and throwing some pretty questionable racial politics into the mix? It's not an act of benevolence to the wider world but an attempt to see off a rival and be crowned the undisputed best rapper alive. To do that he had to defeat Drake, and throw it all on the line to do so. Would and should Drake play Glastonbury? The most obvious point is he fulfils most of the objective-ish criteria that gets bandied about on here to evaluate whether an act is a suitable headliner. One of the most commercially successful artists of recent times, a number of critically acclaimed releases, sellout arena tours and number one records. Arguably he's the rap equivalent of Coldplay - a mega artist who has evolved his music over the years in accordance with the trends of the time rather than imposing his artistic vision upon the world, and generally having what would be considered a broad rather than deep appeal. Obviously a lot of people think Coldplay are shite but few argue their credentials to headline. His creative peak was the middle years of the last decade with a number of great releases from 2012 through to 2018ish. Take Care (2012) and Nothing Was The Same (2014) are classic rap albums for me, the sort that have sadly died out. Scorpion was probably the turning point where, there were more stinkers than solid ones, but a bit like Taylor Swift's most recent album, a curated playlist picking out an hours worth of material from the record would make a very decent album. He's clearly far from a terrible rapper too, although he is prone to having many songs based around a similar subject matter and hasn't demonstrated lots of artistic growth from the early years.   I'd say we're probably now entering the era where he could play. Whether he would be booked is another matter as I'd say mainstream opinion in the UK would be dead against it. But as far as the economics around it are concerned, I think he could become a festival sized act again, in the same way that Taylor Swift is probably 'above' festival sized right now.    
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates