Setlists

Guest Hart Attack

I think some of these setlists are a little too long. Subs generally get 10-15 songs max, and 15 only if they're really short. 3rds get around the same, maybe a couple fewer. No way are SOAD going to be playing 23 songs for example, that's just ridiculous

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOAD played 26 songs in 90 mins at Download and even more in a similar amount of time at Soundwave... if they do 1 hour and 20 mins it is totally feasible... last time they subbed they did 19 full songs plus several medleys/snippets so they prob were around 22/23 then. Deftones did 12 songs when they played fourth so guessing one more if they play third (did 11 when they played fifth). Then Biffy generally play that many in a headline set... They did about 23 at Sonisphere.

When was the last time a sub got that much time? Last year it was an 55-70 minutes. That's 3 minutes per song for 23. Not even vaccines can play that much that quickly, it's at least 4 minutes per song. It's still unrealistic. 70 / 4 = 17-18 songs

Oh, and I wasn't talking about Biffy sets being too long. I mean Cure played for 3 hours, anything can happen

Last year Florence got 1 hour and twenty mins... The Black Keys got 1 hour 15... Paramore got 1 hour ten... The year before 30stm got 1 hour 15... Elbow got an hour... before that it was typically an hour but don't see why SOAD wouldnt get 75 mins or even 80 mins... so about 15 mins less time than they got at Download... so approx 16% less time so about 4 songs... so 22 songs... if they get 80 mins about 23 songs... SOAD have very few songs that go 4 mins... most are low 3 mins and they have a fair few under 3 mins including some of their major songs like Sugar, Suite Pee, Suggestions, War?, Cigaro, Kill Rock N Roll, Bounce, Jet Pilot etc. I could understand your arguing if they didnt play loads when they subbed last time... here's the setlist if it helps: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/system-of-a-down/2003/little-johns-farm-reading-england-23d63867.html
Edited by kev1664

Last year Florence got 1 hour and twenty mins... The Black Keys got 1 hour 15... Paramore got 1 hour ten... The year before 30stm got 1 hour 15... Elbow got an hour... before that it was typically an hour but don't see why SOAD wouldnt get 75 mins or even 80 mins... so about 15 mins less time than they got at Download... so approx 16% less time so about 4 songs... so 22 songs... if they get 80 mins about 23 songs... SOAD have very few songs that go 4 mins... most are low 3 mins and they have a fair few under 3 mins including some of their major songs like Sugar, Suite Pee, Suggestions, War?, Cigaro, Kill Rock N Roll, Bounce, Jet Pilot etc. I could understand your arguing if they didnt play loads when they subbed last time... here's the setlist if it helps: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/system-of-a-down/2003/little-johns-farm-reading-england-23d63867.html

I checked on Clash Finder (perhaps not the most reliable source, but I saw all three sets and they definitely weren't as long as you say) and paramore got 55 minutes, black keys 65 and florence 70, and played 11, 13 and 11 songs respectively. If they are proceeded by Biffy I can't see them getting much time - Biffy will want a full set given six albums. No more than say, Florence last year.

On the 4 minutes live thing, it's because of talking inbetween etc. The average Vaccines song is 3 minutes, and they averaged 4 per song. Many bands average 5 minutes per song and elbow take 6 most of the time, so it really depends. I'm just not used to bands playing such short songs I suppose. I stand by that it would amaze me if they managed more than 18 songs

Edited by SOAD

SOAD

1. Prison Song

2. Soldier Side

3. I-E-A-I-A-I-O

4. B.Y.O.B

5. Needles

6. Lost in Hollywood

7. This cocaine makes me feel like I'm on this song

8. Spiders

9. Hypnotize

10. Question!

11. Lonely Day

12. Chop Suey

13. Psycho

14. Bounce

15. Aerials

16. Cigaro

17. War?

18. Toxicity

19. Sugar

I checked on clashfinder also :S For example it has Florence as 20:00 to 21:20 so 80 mins... and as far as her amount of songs she extended lots of her songs and talked loads... Dog Days seemed to go on forever.

Plus System don't really talk much... they something now and again but it's pretty much just song into song into song... barely take a breather. We'll see when it comes to the fest anywayz... I hope they get at least 75 mins...