Lock Up 2013

Guest jump

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I'd say they were around the same size as bad religion, rise against and jimmy eat world who've also headlined in recent years. Billy talent too although they probably weren't as big when they headlined.

It comes down to a "punk" band not wanting to play in a small tent and demanding more money than the lock up can afford.

True, but I'd say they were around the same size as bad religion, rise against and jimmy eat world who've also headlined in recent years. Billy talent too although they probably weren't as big when they headlined.

It comes down to a "punk" band not wanting to play in a small tent and demanding more money than the lock up can afford.

The year Mike said he tried to get Rancid was for the 2009 line up, we don't know if he has tried to get them since then or has simply decided they would probably be too expensive so hasn't tried tho.

*EDIT* Also did anyone else get surprised by how Tim Armstrong looks now? I was really genuinely surprised (not in a bad way) when he came on stage looking chunky and beardy compared to when I last saw them play.

Edited by jump

The year Mike said he tried to get Rancid was for the 2009 line up, we don't know if he has tried to get them since then or has simply decided they would probably be too expensive so hasn't tried tho.

*EDIT* Also did anyone else get surprised by how Tim Armstrong looks now? I was really genuinely surprised (not in a bad way) when he came on stage looking chunky and beardy compared to when I last saw them play.

About time Pennywise came back now.especially with Jim back in the band.

Propaghandi would be a greart alternative from the usual bands we seem to get on rotation on the lock up.Though i personally don't mind seeing Alkaline trio,NoFx,Anti-flag,Less than jake and the like every couple of years.

Bas Religion sound a good shout with a new album out and Reel Big Fish seem to be permanenntly touring at the mo so also likely.

It's about time Rancid played the main stage again. FR have booked NOFX and Gogol Bordello recently, so it's not like they would be something completely different, and I'd wager Rancid would be more popular than those two.

Hopefully with the new record they'll be doing some Euro fests, I think they only did Groezrock and Rebellion last year.