Word Association Game

Chariot

I only realised the other day that two of the founder members of UB40 were sons of Ian Campbell, the highly respected folk singer who died this week. Campbell was highly influential and brought into his group Dave Swarbrick and Dave Pegg who went on together in Fairport Convention,

BTW I cheer for Wales v England but I don't mind their song.

Edited by grumpyhack

Short

This is a song from the album Short Stories by Harry Chapin, one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time, who sadly was killed in a car crash on the way to a benefit concert.

He wrote about what he described as big moments in the lives of ordinary people.

You might also try this

and his best known song WOLD

Don't know why the links aren't workling but worth cutting and pasting to check them out.

Edited by grumpyhack

Lick

Arcelik, who are based in Turkey are one of the biggest makers of household appliances in Europe. But they found their brand name didn't go down well in the UK (don't know why) so here they are branded as Beko.

The only reason I know this bit of useless information is that some friends recommended a Beko washing machine to us and I looked up the firm on the interweb.

feneryolu_Arcelik-Servisi.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack