Bringing Alcohol to Bestival

Guest Morbo_85

Hey Guys, just read on the t&c's on the bestival site that they search you entering the campsite and will confiscate "excess" drink (it says anymore than 1l of spirts..

Anyone know if this is true or know if its actually happened anyone before? Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything but Il have at least 3 litres of JD and a few crates of beer.....

Oh & its a piece of piss getting booze into the arena, security try & move you through the check point as quickly as possibly as both are at bottlenecks at the bottom of the hill. Just hold your wristband up high to show its still attached correctly.

You can always go for a few of your own drinks up in the Wishing Tree Field before walking into the arena proper.

Really, or have you just never read the rules? Pretty sure all festivals have a no excessive alcohol rule. Its very rarely enforced and you'd have to be taking the right mick but every festival I've been to which is 5 festival each at least 2 times have had this rule. To be honest its pretty much the same as 'as much as you can carry'

Coming from Manchester so really can't be arsed luggin tonnes of cans down with me...

First Bestival for me, just wondering if there's an onsite supermarket and what prices I'd be looking at for a crate of beers?

Alternatively I assume there'll be a shuttle bus service running to the nearest town/tesco throughout the fest?

There's a very small store onsite (it ran out in 2010 due to the mud blocking the site). I've heard Newport town is easy to get to from the taxi drop off & stores stock up extra booze for the weekend.

Edit: store was located at the arena end of the Wishing Tree Field.

Edited by Couchy

• 10 months later...

Coming from Manchester so really can't be arsed luggin tonnes of cans down with me...

First Bestival for me, just wondering if there's an onsite supermarket and what prices I'd be looking at for a crate of beers?

Alternatively I assume there'll be a shuttle bus service running to the nearest town/tesco throughout the fest?

• 2 weeks later...