2013 lineup

Guest guitarbhoy1888

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it has already been commented that the festival will go ahead next year, but is this a maybe or 100%? Just seems a bit strange with Christmas coming up that there's still no sign of tickets going on sale, surely this would add to the ticket sales.

Could the fiasco with this years Creamfields and the financial loss to Loudsound have effected their ability to run all of their festivals next year?

I hope I'm just being paranoid and the festival goes ahead as normal, just the serious lack of info in concerning.

100% going ahead and am sure it won't be long till tickets come out..

AEG are involved in Rockness so money wouldn't be an issue.

Why do you think Loudsound lost out on cream fields? Is that something you've seen documented?

Well my crowd have Roses Tickets so thats a fair few who won't be hitting Rockness this year. To be honest though, we were considering not going anyway. Over zealous search policy and getting on a bit being the main factors. Knockengorroch and Festival No 6 for us this year. Hope 2013 is a belter though and those that do go have a great time. Will always have a soft spot for Dorres.

There was an interview with The View in the Daily Record a few weeks ago saying they were only booked for Glasgow Green the day before (if not the day) it was announced. I reckon they just got those tickets on sale as quickly as they could so Rockness wouldn't affect ticket sales.

I'm missing T this year (I'm on holiday cos it's a week later than normal too) so was hoping Rockness and The Stone Roses would be my festivals this year.

Could be interesting if they do just release a big lump of acts in one go. It really is going to have to be something big to shift tickets if it's definitely the same weekend as The Stone Roses. 50,000 tickets sold for Glasgow Green, you've got to think a good amount of people attending would have perhaps been going to Rockness.

i would guess that if you get guetta headline you may well get calvin harris sub. a little bit like deadmau5/justice.

i would imagine qotsa will end up with a indie band under them, i say TDCC/Maccabees for eg, but not sure who it'd be.

i wouldn't actually say if the new album takes off, editors is a bad shout.

Edited by gazza_20

In terms of dance acts, I'd be more than happy with even just 2 of the following:

Porter Robinson (bailed last year for some reason, so gutted he never showed up, played a blinder of a set at The Arches last month)

Zedd

Wolfgang Gartner

Kaskade

Dirtyphonics

Tommy Trash

Chuckie

Kill The Noise

Dillon Francis

Diplo/Major Lazer

Jack Beats

Alesso

Steve Aoki

Nicky Romero

Feed Me

R3hab

Hardwell

Jacob Plant

Dirty South

Dada Life

Alvin Risk

Eric Prydz

Foreign Beggars

M83

Digitalism

KOAN Sound

Pretty much none of them have played Rockness before (bar a few) and would be nice to see a little variation with the undercard, lots of talented producers and DJs out there, a lot of them have very unique shows. Obviously some would be a bit pricey but there's a lot to choose from.