Recommendations please!

Guest dingbat2

Hi all, I do this most years so apologies for my self indulgence!

There's lots of good stuff on this years bill, but there's loads of stuff I haven't heard of before.

Can anyone recommend anything I should try out before I go to Bestival, the sort of stuff I really love is listed below so any recommendations like these I would love the hear and give them a good listen before the festival. I have found so many favourite bands over the years from the recommendations from these boards. Cant wait to give it another go. So here is the sort of stuff i I really love:

Kraftwerk

Goldfrapp

Sigur Ros (happy days)

Gary Numan (happy day!)

M82

Holy fuck

Mirrors

Elbow

Delphic

Air

...Lots of live electonica

Look forward to finding new discoveries!

Cheers!

Edited by dingbat2

You have pretty identical tastes to me.

I'd say, Porcelain Raft, Sbtrkt (some stuff), Gold Panda, Errors, Factory Floor, definitely the caribou b2b four tet thing (just check both artists if you already haven't). I haven't got anymore to name, because I haven't spent a lot of time checking any new bands out, sadly..

I'm sure people here will list endlessly, so I'm gonna take a seat too.

Have little to add beyond killaflaw, miike snow (who you probably know) and gesaffelstein/brodinski (who are electronica but not strictly live) but i'm loving gold panda and errors - will watch this thread with great interest...

I really need to understand this Spotify thing! Can I use it for free and accesss these playlists?

Also, I do like Soulwax

I also recommend John Foxx for anyone who likes what I like, but I guess if anyone likes Numan then they will already like John Foxx!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for help, I have come up with a few for starters, still looking for recommendations though....

Sigur Ros

Numan (obviously)

John Foxx (obviously)

Orbital

GesaffElstein

Death in vegas

Soulwax

Japanese pop stars

Gold panda

Totally enormous extinct Dinosaurs

Errors

Warpaint

Not going to see all of this, i am going to do plenty of bimblimg around and see what happens

Any more electronica recommendations anyone?

Cheers,

Edited by dingbat2